Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Washington Commanders DT Jonathan Allen apologizes for tweeting he'd like to dine with Hitler (espn.com)

Wasn't sure where to put this, but Hitler and Michael Jackson?  They are two of the biggest pieces of **** that ever lived.  

I am not offended by what he said, just baffled.

Well, I think Time Magazine named Hitler its "Man of the Year" in 1938, so Jon Allen isn't too far off. Of course, tone deaf selections of genocidal mad men for what appear to be prestigious awards (or sit down dinner invitations) are never going to go over well.

Jon Allen's correction on this should have been "I would want to pick his brain as to why he did what he did, [with an ice pick]."

I actually appreciate the honesty, and his explanation was perfectly reasonable, but I just think there are way better people to have dinner with.  The article doesn't even mention MJ, who I also think is reprehensible and a person I would never want to be in the presence of.

I'll be honest. One of the dumbest things I've heard a player say. Hitler wasn't even a genius. He made numerous mistakes. Imagine if Taylor Henicke said he wanted to have dinner with Robert E. Lee. It makes you wonder what is being taught in the NOVA school system. 

Edited by lavar1156
  • Like 3

Good lord, our fans are STUPIDDDDDDD. There are people whining on twitter about “why did the team think it was smart to showcase Everett’s jersey in LA after he turned himself in”

The number 22 isn’t FOR HIM! It’s a number that’s on allll 32 teams jerseys, for the year 2022. It wasn’t a team decision. It’s an NFL decision. 

• Haha 3

once more i am wishing for a world where michael irvin would never be seen or heard on any media or social platform

i can't think of another nfl talking head that is more worthless in content or as thoroughly annoying in 'personality'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Random thought: I wish the salary cap accounting for trades was done differently.  I understand WHY it's done the way it's done, but I don't like it.

I think if you trade a player, UNLIKE when you release a player, the signing bonus SHOULD NOT escalate to the current year and be a burden on the team sending the player away.

I think it should all transfer exactly as it is from one team to the next.

The reason it escalates for the current team is the team already paid in cash-money the signing bonus.  So it would make sense for them to take the hit of money they paid.

However, it restricts trades, and I think more trades would be more fun for the league.  

And it shouldn't be treated exactly like releasing a player. In that scenario, the team SHOULD bear the brunt of the entire amount, as they are putting the player out of work, and there needs to be a penalty for cutting a player early, or else teams would abuse it and dump money into out years more than they do now.

But if you're trading a player, the player got their money, and that cap hit could apply to the other team.

I dunno.  there are nuances to work out.  But I really wish the rule would change. It would make things more interesting.  

• Like 2

This brought me back to NO in 2017. What a great time.  With the game on the line, 3rd and 1, Perine gets stuffed.  We lose in overtime and it ruins the trip for me. 😧.  That haunting memory came back in force watching Perine last night.  He got stuffed another time last night in a critical drive if I recall 4th and 1. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

• 2 weeks later...

It’s official, no international game for us this season. 

the 5 teams hosting an international game are the bucs (Munich), cardinals (Mexico City), Packers (London), Saints (London) and Jaguars (London) and we don’t face any of those teams on the road in 2022 (we do face the packers and jaguars, but at home). 

so, 9 home (well, “home”) games for us at FedExField this year. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It’s official, no international game for us this season. 

the 5 teams hosting an international game are the bucs (Munich), cardinals (Mexico City), Packers (London), Saints (London) and Jaguars (London) and we don’t face any of those teams on the road in 2022 (we do face the packers and jaguars, but at home). 

so, 9 home (well, “home”) games for us at FedExField this year. 

I'm really surprised they took a home game from the Packers.