Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

6 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I saw your answer, but you did it in a way where you had to insult me for not being an internet forum addict like your frail ass.  Try to type like you'd talk to people in real life.  Cuz thems fighting words.

It’s all good, or sometimes bad, with this godforsaken team. Yeah, the “A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread” is probably the best bashing thread. PLEASE bash away, and you will probably be very popular, with me at least. We don’t need fighting as we eat our own here. Hope for the best, and please, at every opportunity, bash Sir Snyder. HTTC…damn, miss HTTR, but it is what it is. Hail

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If that’s how you took my reply, then i am sorry. It wasn’t meant to be an insult in any way, just thought it was funny that anyone (i would’ve laughed about anyone missing the thread, not just you) could have not seen all the Snyder bashing in that thread the past two years. 

No insult intended at all :) 

after all, you’re a regular here so i figured you had to have been in that thread at some point the last two years since the allegations started coming 

Fair enough.  I don't frequent the stadium.  Sorry for losing my cool as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. Dez had tweeted about how rough Barber was doing sometime last year which almost makes it worse. A hated Cowboy that I wouldn’t help but respect, the dude really was a barbarian. The best 2 yard run highlight you’ll ever see, that time he ran it out of the endzone. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

image.png.dbffd75540c15b8ce85b933e37711918.png

You just lost me.  And I was your biggest fan.

Your greatest thing was winning a SB, despite being paid the lowest.   

Have a great life selling Medicare plans.

Joe's name is really pronounced Theesmen. He changed its pronunciation to Thighsman to rhyme with Heisman. 🤓

Umm…..what’s wrong with theismannn being sad about his friend Roger validserri passing away? Is Roger a bad person? Am i missing A joke here….? Trying to figure out how that tweet could make you hate theismann. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

I’m guessing she’s insulted bc she interpreted that as him saying that was the defining moment of his life, while she feels it was the SB he won. Even if he did say that, I wouldn’t agree that it’s insulting to fans, at all. 

But I also disagree with that interpretation of what he said—he’s literally talking about his name and self-identity and how that interaction in a technical sense literally made him who he is, creating the name we call him today. That’s a nice bit of trivia, and meaningful on a personal level. Meant to honor his friend, not meant to be compared against his own accomplishments. Kind of a weird read on the situation to interpret it that way, if you ask me…but then I could be misinterpreting or making incorrect assumptions about what skinsmarydu meant.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Joe's name is really pronounced Theesmen. He changed its pronunciation to Thighsman to rhyme with Heisman. 🤓

I've known that for decades, even heard him explain it on TV a while back.   I was just expressing an opinion, that's all.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Our DC is bonkers. My opinion of him doesn't matter of course. I just hope the players can put aside his nonsense and still play hard for him and themselves themselves. 

Edited by TheDiplomat
Incorrect Links
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

@TheDiplomat The JDR stuff is sometimes relevant when it’s not too inflammatory (and I agree that it’s a shame we even need to discuss our DC’s tweets at all) but you’re still playing with fire—meanwhile your second tweet has nothing to do with anything at all. Keep that terrible **** in the Tailgate—just a friendly word of advice to edit that out

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

@TheDiplomat The JDR stuff is sometimes relevant when it’s not too inflammatory (and I agree that it’s a shame we even need to discuss our DC’s tweets at all) but you’re still playing with fire—meanwhile your second tweet has nothing to do with anything at all. Keep that terrible **** in the Tailgate—just a friendly word of advice to edit that out

Ok sure. I appreciate the heads up. I only included the second tweet becuase JDR re-tweeted it. I incadvertantly included the wrong link.

Can you imagine if Tom Brady had pulled a "cousins" back in 02 or 03.

He'd be on what a 6 or 700 million dollar tag by now?

It's crazy to think how much he could have blown up quarterback contracts had he chosen to exercise his leverage.

6 hours ago, redskinss said:

It's crazy to think how much he could have blown up quarterback contracts had he chosen to exercise his leverage.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, redskinss said:

He wasn't "Tom Brady" yet.  He was literally a tuck rule away from being eliminated from the playoffs in 2001.  And if they lose in the Divisional Round to the Raiders, does history continue along the same path?  Maybe.  I might even say Probably.  But maybe not.  I think it's the NFL's ultimate sliding doors moment.  

He was good, but at that time, there was absolutely no question, those Patriot teams were defense first teams.  (That is when the league LET you play defense.)

Brady didn't really become Brady until 2007. Now, could he have leveraged more after that?  Sure.  

But let's also not forget this:  His wife is worth DOUBLE what he is, and that's now.  Back then, it wasn't even remotely that close.  Granted, they got married in 2009.  But Tom's money has always been petty cash in the Bundchen household.  Tom could easily "afford" to not use all of his leverage to his advantage, because his wife already had generational wealth way beyond what he could make.  Ironically, he might "catch" her after his broadcasting deal is complete.  Depending on how much more she makes.  I think she was worth something like $400M at last check, and his independent wealth was around $250M?  

• Like 1