Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Okay so this whole ordeal with Michael Bennett has me really fired up again about the NFL.... apparently there is a report that the Seahawks never knew anything about the incident until Friday... I wish I really knew what happened as far as what the elderly lady did after. Just over the last 5 years several incidents have happened and I don't know right off the top of my head sorry I don't go and research all this stuff and what have you before I post here but several incidences in the NFL wear so and so was unaware it's just gotten ridiculous.

22 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Throwback to that time the 'Skins held Barry Sanders to 44 yards on 11 rush attempts in the NFC Championships Game. 

As much as I hate the team's reliance on living in past glories, that '91 team just has layers upon layers of brilliance. They truly are one of the most underrated teams of the Super Bowl era. 

One of the top three teams in modern NFL history. Really should have been an undefeated team.

Edited by Tarpon75
  • Like 3

On 3/23/2018 at 7:43 AM, thebluefood said:

, that '91 team just has layers upon layers of brilliance. They truly are one of the most underrated teams of the Super Bowl era. 

It's like that time Al Bundy threw 4 TD passes to win the city championship. :headbang:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

One of the top three teams in modern NFL history. Really should have been an undefeated team.

Had the Redskins not lost that game against Dallas they would have been undefeated. Gibbs would have kept his players in that Eagles game because the players would have wanted that monumental inclusion and would definitely have put that team into serious talk about being one of the 2 top teams ever.

It sucked to watch Sunday night Primetime to hear that damn champagne bottle pop sound after Chris Berman narrated the highlights of that game.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Kirk Cousins taking a tour with the Vikings. Lordy, we need a new stadium. Their stadium looks so nice whereas everything about ours (FedEX Field and Ashburn) looks like a joke.

I really do wish him the best. And yeah, 'Skins are in desperate need of a new stadium. I've got a feeling it's going to go the way of old Foxboro where not even the fans will miss it. There's so much bad juju associated with that place and I don't even think winning can clear it away.

As long as the new place is:

-Metro accessible 

-Doesn't saddle taxpayers with a heavy burden 

-Has affordable "cheap seats" with clear sight lines

Then I'll be alright with whatever they do 

Would prefer it be an outdoor stadium (you'd think the cold would be an advantage for northeastern teams) but if it must be a dome, I won't kick up a fuss.

On 28/03/2018 at 4:10 PM, wilco_holland said:

Guys I just noticed that I became official member of this board in 2008 :O, almost 10 year running. Crazy

My god, did Jon Gruden take the same hairdresser as the Raiders owner????! 

I joined in May 2007...

Hardly can believe that I'm still around here lurking...

Regarding Jon Gruden, I believe it was in his contract hence that's why Sean and Jay are laughing.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, Skinsinparadise said:
 Scott Jennings Retweeted

How cool it must be to walk out of NFL coaches meeting with your brother (and protege Sean McVay). Pic @NFLMAVERICK #Raiders

DZOsD3NUQAAPEwb.jpg

In that picture: a SB winning coach, a coach of the year, and Jay.  

Chuckle.  (This is intended as friendly ribbing)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In that picture: a SB winning coach, a coach of the year, and Jay.  

Chuckle.  (This is intended as friendly ribbing)

That almost looked like an April's fool joke!

lol

That said, BHRBN never stops, even on Easter!

• Like 1

Damn it, looking at that picture had me thinking first time brother against brother Super Bowl?... then it dawned on me the Niners Ravens Super Bowl handful of years ago... oops already happened LOL

So when the skins win 11 games this year could Jay be considered coach of the year?

After doing some stat research for a thread, I was reminded just how good John Riggins was deep into his career. Led the league in rushing touchdowns in '83 and '84, nearly average 4 yards/carry after the team's big Super Bowl season in '82, and if he wasn't so banged up his last season, he could bowed out with three consecutive 1,000 yard seasons.

All that for a fullback. 

One of the reasons why I like digging into the archives. You know these guys are legends but you forget just how good they were - and that's just the "on paper" stuff.   

28 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

After doing some stat research for a thread, I was reminded just how good John Riggins was deep into his career. Led the league in rushing touchdowns in '83 and '84, nearly average 4 yards/carry after the team's big Super Bowl season in '82, and if he wasn't so banged up his last season, he could bowed out with three consecutive 1,000 yard seasons.

All that for a fullback. 

One of the reasons why I like digging into the archives. You know these guys are legends but you forget just how good they were - and that's just the "on paper" stuff.   

Riggins seemed to get better with age. :806:

Here are some of the records Riggins holds (most of them have to do  with age :)):

NFL records[edit]

• Most rushing attempts and rushing yards in a single postseason: 136 attempts, 610 yards; 4 playoff games (1982)
  • Oldest player to rush for 150+ yards in a game: 35 years, 71 days
  • Oldest player to rush for 3 touchdowns in a game: 36 years, 70 days
  • Oldest player to have a game with 100+ rushing yards & 1 rushing touchdown: 36 years, 84 days
  • Oldest player to have 30+ rushing attempts in a game: 36 years, 84 days
  • Oldest player to rush for 100+ yards in a playoff game: 34 years, 157 days (breaking his own record he set one week earlier)
  • Oldest player to rush for 150+ yards in a playoff game: 33 years, 179 days
  • Oldest player to rush for 175+ yards in a playoff game: 33 years, 164 days
  • Most 100-yard rushing games after 35th birthday: 8
  • Most games with 20 rushing attempts after 35th birthday: 11
  • Oldest player to have 300+ rushing attempts in a season: 35
  • Oldest player to have 1,200 rushing yards in a season: 35
  • Oldest player to have 10+ rushing touchdowns in a season: 35
  • Oldest player to score 20+ touchdowns in a season: 34
  • Oldest player to have 350+ rushing attempts in a season: 34
  • Oldest player to have 1,300 rushing yards in a season: 34
  • Oldest player to have 20+ rushing touchdowns in a season: 34
  • Most rushing attempts after 30th birthday: 1,510