Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

56 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Okay he could have just left the President out of it,,,,no political takes please. 

Holy **** this is hilarious. How ridiculous must this team look to folks who have no emotional or financial connection to this team? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Surprised there's nothing in Mexico, or any new markets they talked about.

I’m pretty sure it’s Chiefs vs rams in Mexico this season. @Dont Taze Me Bro was probably just talking about the London game matchups which we don’t have. Plus the schedule doesn’t come out for another two weeks most likely, so there could be something in China they could be planning, but idk 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, thebluefood said:

Holy **** this is hilarious. How ridiculous must this team look to folks who have no emotional or financial connection to this team? 

Oh, have no fear, crazy has been the mantra of this team for as long as I've known.

George Allen once had a brain fart to try and sign Andre the Giant !!  I remember seeing some photo of Andre holding up Joey T. like he was a bag of groceries...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So it's me taylorcooley1 or whatever my previous name was..my old phone got...smashed, and not being a tech guru I couldn't get anything switched over from the other phone.. for what it's worth...

So can I call you tater tot? lol....the phone deal sucks, I ran over my Note 8 and cracked the screen, $254.00 bye bye. 

1 hour ago, SWFLSkins said:

So can I call you tater tot? lol....the phone deal sucks, I ran over my Note 8 and cracked the screen, $254.00 bye bye. 

Haha.. fine by me..ya know how the ole saying goes..jus don't call me late for dinner...I uhh was getting the run around and yank around over some funding that belonged to me and I slammed my phone down smashing it..oh well..I was due for an upgrade..

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If I recall correctly, DG is not a big Snyder guy.  I believe there are some hard feelings there in relation to Snyder expecting DG to entertain the suits after he retired.

If true, good on DG for standing up to Snyder. After giving an organization 20 years of your life, with the back-end of it mired in incompetency and controversy, you don't owe them anything - especially being trotted out like a show horse. 

DG was my favorite player growing up. If this is true, this further solidifies his place in my personal HoF. 

This is silly, why don' they just call it a meet and greet with ****tails and lunch....LOL

It won’t look much like football, but the Redskins will formally gather at Redskins Park for the first time today as they start voluntary offseason workouts. 

The CBA outlines what can and can’t be done during each part of the program. During Phase One, which starts today, most of the activity is conditioning. Only strength and conditioning coaches can supervise the players on the field or even observe the activities. Per the CBA “no footballs are allowed to be used” and the players can’t wear helmets, just so you don’t think that this phase is getting back to football in any meaningful way. The one exception is that quarterbacks can throw to receivers, but the receivers can’t be covered. 

The coaches can meet with the players for a limited period of time each day during each phase, so they can start to roll out the playbook to Alex Smith and company. 

The first phase lasts two weeks. Then they move on to Phase Two, which starts to look more like football. Coaches can be on the field, supervising drills and individual instruction. They break out the footballs and the offense and defense can line up, but not against each other. They also can’t do any individual drills like one-on-one pass protection or coverage. 

Just watched the sit down interview Larry Michael had with Ryan Anderson. Posted today 4/17/18 on redskins.com. Wow! He looks like he is in way better shape than last year. Love his attitude. If he stays healthy I would expect his production to take a big jump!   http://www.redskins.com/videos/Ryan-Anderson-I-Want-To-Be-A-Better-Player-For-This-Team/c105a395-66cd-4d03-93a3-5feefcfae33a

Edited by skins2victory
add link
  • Thanks 1

i'm really hoping the regular season schedule is announced Thursday night. I want to get started on planning a trip to Nashville for Redskins @ Titans for whichever weekend it is, since my brother and his girlfriend and his bandmate live there now. also I heard that FOX wants Thursday Night Football to be just as good as Sunday Night Football, so i'm excited to find out what the matchups will be, and also which games I'll be watching on Thanksgiving Day :) 

The NFL is definitely heading in a different direction... for the worse...it's not if but when will the NFL completely eliminate the kick off..matter of fact I suspect come the owners meetings in May the NFL will be that much closer to eliminating if not will be doing away with the kick off.. starting in 2018..

I've brought this up here before.. probably in the last year..but now that it's a for sure deal I wanna do a ask around again..

Where do the old school(50+ year old fans...and I guess any fans)stand on this matter..how do you feel about it?. I could really see my self fading away from being a fan of the game.. Nothing gets the blood flowing, heart pumping, mouth salivating, goose bumps rising extremely jacked for another NFL season than the ads and hoopla around NFL Kickoff!.and of course knowing the Kickoff to the first game rather it be a Wednesday or Thursday is the start to another hopeful season.

Eliminate the Kickoff and you take the heart out of the NFL.