Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Did anybody watch the NFC Championship Game? I'm trying to find out if Case Keenum completely laid an egg, I can't believe I see talks of him not being the starting quarterback for the Vikings that Teddy Bridgewater might be back as the starter, kind of the same thing for Blake Bortles, please don't confuse this as me being a Case Keenum or Blake Bortles lover... there teams made it to championship games this year and both teams might have different starting quarterbacks week one this year...I guess I'm confused..

17 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Did anybody watch the NFC Championship Game? I'm trying to find out if Case Keenum completely laid an egg, I can't believe I see talks of him not being the starting quarterback for the Vikings that Teddy Bridgewater might be back as the starter, kind of the same thing for Blake Bortles, please don't confuse this as me being a Case Keenum or Blake Bortles lover... there teams made it to championship games this year and both teams might have different starting quarterbacks week one this year...I guess I'm confused..

Yeah, Keenum was pretty bad.  But the Eagles dialed up relentless pressure and Keenum put some out there for grabs.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, Keenum was pretty bad.  But the Eagles dialed up relentless pressure and Keenum put some out there for grabs.

Ahhhh like he did twice against us...well ..ain't no one gonna like ya if ya Brett favre the ball..unless ur Brett favre lol doohhh...

So, I could well be wrong here, but my impression/hunch was that Kyle’s plan for Griffin was to go with a system he was familiar with (and could excel in), and slowly add more traditional pass concepts.  Eventually, he’d (ideally) transition completely.  Of course, that all went out the window with the injury.  I feel like the idea was pretty sound, even if it fell apart.  

So, if I’m right about the above, I wonder if Jay would consider a similar approach if we draft a young guy that played in more of a spread and R/O offense (like Rudolph).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

So, I could well be wrong here, but my impression/hunch was that Kyle’s plan for Griffin was to go with a system he was familiar with (and could excel in), and slowly add more traditional pass concepts.  Eventually, he’d (ideally) transition completely.  Of course, that all went out the window with the injury.  I feel like the idea was pretty sound, even if it fell apart.  

So, if I’m right about the above, I wonder if Jay would consider a similar approach if we draft a young guy that played in more of a spread and R/O offense (like Rudolph).  

I think it was more Mike's plan than Kyle's, but Kyle helped implement it, and yes I agree with you. RG3's injury and his own ego got in the way. We would have been better off going 5-11 in 2012 and RG3 being shut down after the Raven game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think it was more Mike's plan than Kyle's, but Kyle helped implement it, and yes I agree with you. RG3's injury and his own ego got in the way. We would have been better off going 5-11 in 2012 and RG3 being shut down after the Raven game.

Fair enough, I'm certainly not trying to rehash the RGIII show, just curious about whether that's a transition plan (if it even was the plan) that 1) could work and 2) Jay might be open to trying.  

Saw my dad for his birthday today. We hung out  bit - had a great day. Part of that day included taking a trip to RFK Stadium, just to see it before they raze it. Never got a chance to see any kind of sporting event there - Senators left before I was born, 'Skins moved when I was 5, and the Nats played their last game there while I was still in North Carolina.

We just kinda drove around it, gave it a look see, and said "goodbye." Strange to pay your respects to a place you've never visited before but has still managed to be a part of your identity. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, c slag said:

The Super Bowl replays by year are on the NFL network but XVII is airing at 2 30 AM

Yep.

Super Bowl 22 highlight show will be on at 5:00am EST (1/28)

Super Bowl 26 will be on at 7:00am EST (1/28)

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

Is it just me or does Mark Bavaro kinda look more like a guy who wanted to play for the Giants than a guy who actually played for the Giants?

580eb0a0bd5e616efcdfda0885a9cac9.jpg

He looks more like someone who, like...maybe played well at his rinky dink high school in New Jersey and came "THIS CLOSE" to winning a state championship but it just didn't happen for one reason or another and he ended up just kinda hanging out at the old Medowlands and thinking about what could have been. 

On 1/27/2018 at 9:23 PM, thebluefood said:

Saw my dad for his birthday today. We hung out  bit - had a great day. Part of that day included taking a trip to RFK Stadium, just to see it before they raze it. Never got a chance to see any kind of sporting event there - Senators left before I was born, 'Skins moved when I was 5, and the Nats played their last game there while I was still in North Carolina.

We just kinda drove around it, gave it a look see, and said "goodbye." Strange to pay your respects to a place you've never visited before but has still managed to be a part of your identity. 

Where did you end up moving to?  I remember you mentioned it a while back, leaving NC that is.

13 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Is it just me or does Mark Bavaro kinda look more like a guy who wanted to play for the Giants than a guy who actually played for the Giants?

He looks more like someone who, like...maybe played well at his rinky dink high school in New Jersey and came "THIS CLOSE" to winning a state championship but it just didn't happen for one reason or another and he ended up just kinda hanging out at the old Medowlands and thinking about what could have been. 

So your saying Mark Bavaro is Uncle Rico and could throw a football over them mountains?

Image result for uncle rico throw a football over them mountains animated gif

Image result for uncle rico throw a football over them mountains animated gif

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

I am with you.  If the Eagles do win, we can credit Pederson for quickly burning his playbook after seeing Foles struggling in it, and going back to Chip Kelly's RPO. In which of course, Foles dominated.   Many will suggest getting a helmet on Brady's chin is the key to victory, but outscoring Brady is the actual key - for you should not game plan to shut him down. Ain't happening. Put that in your pipe.

I do hope Amendola leads the Pats to victory, and pours salt in the wound of the dumb Eagles for cutting him.

Eagles and parlay over.