Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

21 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Two choices:

We aren’t marketable because we suck

or

Our brand is suck

If they win, they are marketable no matter the name.

examples of things that suck yet have a market:

Ramen noodles

Cheetos

YooHoo

Dodge vehicles

McDonalds

iHop

Olive Garden

****ing Budweiser

Lol..I hear you bud. We’ve sucked for a long time and were still one of the more marketable and valuable teams in the league. We’ve taken a step back In that regard from the the crap piling up and other franchises getting better. The name and Brand, is an opportunity to really turn the page, imo. 1 year is totally fine, but 2 with maybe the stupidest name in all sports, plus all the Suck? It’s a little much, and comes off as incompetent. Idk I was looking forward to it I guess.

My prediction is they unveil new uniforms next year or the following spring as a sign they've been listening to fan input. 

And they also announce we will remain " Washington " for the foreseeable future.

And I'm fine with that.

Edited by Spearfeather

Plz no to another year of WFT.

I gave it a pass for this year, as a name change on short notice while doable, is a massive undertaking. I can understand the thought process of taking your time. There is no reason this should take more than a year however. Then your just trying to out wait the wave of negative press and use the name as a clean re-boot, but we all know it does not work like that.

Just let us be the Washington WarmNFuzzies and take our money in exchange for a ridiculous amounts of Wolf merchandise and move into the next era. Not rocket science.

• Like 1

We have the worst PR department. Like, we don't have one.

When the best thing going for your PR is a pandemic preventing your stadium being overrun by out of town fans every game for years, you got problems.

Let's go Team!  Its so ****ing lame its a generic chant that can be used by every team.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

I am curious how much not renaming the team now has to do with the ownership situation. If Dan sells:

A) Why would he want to spend the money to rebrand? No idea what that cost is...

B ) Wouldn't the new owner like to pick the new name? It's kinda like the argument that the team shouldn't have drafted Haskins with a lame duck coach. Why rename with a lame duck owner?

To me, the fact they aren't coming up with a name or starting that process in full at the moment lends some credence that Snyder may be on the way out. This may be hopeful, but the dots align... But that could be off. 

what if this team ends up winning the division with a 5-11 or 6-10 record, and then REALLY turns it around and plays really good in the playoffs and wins the superbowl!  lol! oh what a story that would be.  especially alex smith winning the MVP against his old team, the KC chiefs!   aaaahh just another dream!  lol

• Like 1

Just left the dentist office, so I admit I'm a bit buzzed. Plus I'm drinking bourbon to combat when the local anesthesia

wears off. But here's my take as I listen to Jack Del Rio's interview today....

This team is extremely young and inexperienced (using my best Obvious impression). The organization has a boat load of cap space and pretty good young players with high ceilings on relatively small contracts. They've got cap space for free agents next year to fill some of extreme needs next year. I have a feeling they are going to spend money on a veteran wideout again off course. But I also think they may grab Cam and a Del Rio type corner and safety. I've said a million times.....this is tryouts. I honestly think next year, this team turns the corner. 

My expectation this year is to see what player(s) buy in to the new way. I like the team want to win. But I see Ron's vision. You take a look around the league and you'll see some of the strong teams are getting old or they are soon to lose some premier players. Thus they will be looking at a rebuild (i.e. the Patriots, Seahawks, 49ers and Saints) . Just sayin'

i've been away but i know the fellas are having a little debate about whether you should be able to post about anything anymore, let alone that topic

i'm off so i dunno what they're gonna do

but i know tso is really angry all the time now and martin is usually depressed, pcs and des ar at war over some deal about a dvd swap gone bad, and tk is drinking in the morning again... but that's neither here nor there, though it is random

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i've been away but i know the fellas are having a little debate about whether you should be able to post about anything anymore, let alone that topic

i'm off so i dunno what they're gonna do

but i know tso is really angry all the time now and martin is usually depressed, pcs and des ar at war over some deal about a dvd swap gone bad, and tk is drinking in the morning again... but that's neither here nor there, though it is random

So, ...we're all good?  I **** up daily somehow...tk & I should hang out

sorry

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

How I know WFT fans have hit the "I stopped caring" button for this season: It's Friday and there's no 'Week 7 - Prediction' thread. And we're playing Dallas. 😑

wow....is it bad that i didnt even notice that? 

but seriously. Is that a first for ES? Have we had any other weeks with no prediction thread, even in other bad seaaons? Even last year, which was awful, i dont remember that ever happening. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

wow....is it bad that i didnt even notice that? 

but seriously. Is that a first for ES? Have we had any other weeks with no prediction thread, even in other bad seaaons? Even last year, which was awful, i dont remember that ever happening. 

Shrug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 10/24/2020 at 6:02 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I was so ****ing excited about this team going into this season. Picked up probably my second favorite DC, drafting Young to finish a monster line. Exciting new OC and a very young group of triplets. Now I don't even care about draft pick or anything. Just meh.

I know you love Gibson though.

At least he has not disappointed.

On another subject, am I correct to believe that it's acceptable to quote large posts now, since the updated software collapses quotes that are large ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I know you love Gibson though.

At least he has not disappointed.

On another subject, am I correct to believe that it's acceptable to quote large posts now, since the updated software collapses quotes that are large ?

Yeah I think so. Pics and videos too. I still true not to, but I also text ols to people on FB :ols: 

• Haha 1

Sal Palentonio is an idiot of the highest degree.  He was on Keim’s podcast and said the three building blocks on defense were Sweat, Collins and Bostic.  

Which id agree with Sweat.  The other two, that’s just wrong.  The other two are probably some combination of Young, Payne, Allen, Matt I. and Fuller. 

It really is nice to have some good pieces on defense.  Holcomb coming back is a bog help also. 

IF they get good safety play from Shaze and Curl, and average play from Holcomb and Bostic, they’re actually going to improve defensively throughout the remainder of the year.  

• Like 1

Bit disturbed tickets are 125 dollars on Seatgeek for next week's match.

We'll see if the market corrects itself and the prices lower closer to game time. Can't imagine too many people would be eager to watch a 2 win team battle a 1 win team to stay out of the basement.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:48 AM, ixcuincle said:

Bit disturbed tickets are 125 dollars on Seatgeek for next week's match.

We'll see if the market corrects itself and the prices lower closer to game time. Can't imagine too many people would be eager to watch a 2 win team battle a 1 win team to stay out of the basement.

Didn't know that they opened up seating to the public for our games.

The price doesn't surprise me at all. Basically supply and demand in this unique scenario.

With the capacity limit on stadium seats, they're probably trying to make up for lost revenue, by charging more. And probably a lot of people itching to see a live game, regardless of records, so they're willing to pay more.

And let's face it, the reality, is either of these teams is about as likely to win the division, as any of the other NFCE teams. And that means something to a lot of people

Edited by Malapropismic Depository