Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Just now, TrancesWithWolves said:

For any of you young bucks out there planning to party wild tonight take some advice from an old man who still carries the scars from his youthful mistakes:

Better to sleep it off in a hotel, back seat of your car or alleyway than even think about getting behind the wheel impaired.

You’ll thank me in the morning.

I dont think passing out in an alleyway is a good idea (people could rob you, beat you up, ETC) but the rest of what you said is definitely good advice

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

For any of you young bucks out there planning to party wild tonight take some advice from an old man who still carries the scars from his youthful mistakes:

Better to sleep it off in a hotel, back seat of your car or alleyway than even think about getting behind the wheel impaired.

Yup.  Anything beats a jail cell and the remnants.  Ick.

And it'll leave you absolutely broke and starting over.  Really feel like doin' that? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Since Uber was invented, you’re an idiot to drink and drive. You hit a button and wait 5-10 minutes. No excuses imo, if I know I’m drinking somewhere I usually Uber to the destination just so driving isn’t even an option. 

For locals in the DC area did all of you hear that Steve Czaban show on Team 980 is over? He will do a show on another radio station on Saturdays from 9-12 noon only.

He had been on local radio for twenty years.  Just read it last night from a Google article.  They had already got rid of 4 other guys include Doc Walker about a month ago.  I wonder who is replacing him from 3 pm- 6pm daily?  I think a new station owner is changing things around.   It was probably a salary dump for them.  I like Al Galdi taking over for Doc Walker.

The article I read said it was a mutual decision by both parties.   While Steve lasted longer than most radio guys I still think if they had offered him a longer contract he would be on the radio this Monday.  So he basically was let go no matter what he says on Instagram or posted on other social media.

Edited by veteranskinsfan
line spacing error

18 hours ago, max21 said:

Since Uber was invented, you’re an idiot to drink and drive. You hit a button and wait 5-10 minutes. No excuses imo, if I know I’m drinking somewhere I usually Uber to the destination just so driving isn’t even an option. 

Be careful with using Uber.  I have a customer who told me she is recovering from COVID and swears she got it from a Uber ride she took.

A lot of talent in this year's HOF

Final 15 Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists:

Peyton Manning
Calvin Johnson
Charles Woodson
Richard Seymour
Jared Allen
Sam Mills
John Lynch
Ronde Barber
Zach Thomas
Reggie Wayne
Torry Holt
Leroy Butler
Clay Matthews Jr.
Alan Faneca
Tony Boselli

Wow!!

Who are the eight?

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 3:15 PM, TrancesWithWolves said:

Excess drinking can also lead to:  Going to bed at 2 with a 10... and Waking up at 10 with a 2 (see below)

Eli.JPG

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

A lot of talent in this year's HOF

Final 15 Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists:

Peyton Manning
Calvin Johnson
Charles Woodson
Richard Seymour
Jared Allen
Sam Mills
John Lynch
Ronde Barber
Zach Thomas
Reggie Wayne
Torry Holt
Leroy Butler
Clay Matthews Jr.
Alan Faneca
Tony Boselli

Wow!!

Who are the eight?

All great players. All deserving in their own right.

But when will his day come...

image.jpeg.c3d519fdd10bf6c2011dce3dafcf7a2e.jpeg

Some ravens fan is trying to tell me that since we lost in the first round in 2012 and 2015, that the team couldn’t have been relevant to the national media at all either season.....LOL 

this stemmed from me trying to point out his flawed logic in claiming the ravens are definitely going to beat the titans (even though the titans beat them last year in the playoffs and this year in the regular season). Then he said “a WFT fan trying to clown on his big brother up north!!! When was the last time DC was even relevant in football? Adults who are now in college haven’t even been alive to witness it”

i tried saying “umm, pretty sure adults in college were alive in 2012 and 2015.....” but according to him, a team can’t possibly have been relevant if they lost in the first round....... no, moron, being relevant means having the national media talk about your team in a good way most of the season.....DUH!!!! 

now he’s trying to say that since we were 3-6 at week 10, we couldn’t have possibly been relevant most of that season.....jeez, ravens fans are stupid 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993