Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

7 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Damn, great call Trances... I would have totally missed this and left Derrick Henry in my lineup, and my league locks everything after the first kickoff of the Thursday night game, even if the other players don't play until Sunday or Monday.   Much appreciated.

I’ll send you a bill for my standard consulting fee.  😉

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2020 at 9:16 AM, KDawg said:

I can’t help but notice no one has done a prediction thread yet... :ols:

OK, here's a prediction: Baltimore 23 - Washington 21

Close game due to Ravens' offense ineptitude: Jackson-Andrews has been neutralized,  Ingrams runs as if constipated, and Jackson is now taking sacks instead of turning blitzes into long runs. Tucker's all-time NFL most accurate foot will be the difference.  The Ravens' 2019 season's 12 game win streak, including three 40+ game in a row against Patriots, Rams, etc, is now a distant memory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

side note:  a personal milestone ends with no fans at the game, no tailgating this Sunday.  I had attended every Ravens-Redskins game (preseason included, scrimmages and draft days) since both new stadiums opened starting 1997.  I'm a Ravens fan with many friends/neighbors/ relatives who are fans of your team, and I often have attended games at Landover not involving the Ravens (three games last year when club seats were available for $21 to $25).  One can support only one NFL team; however, I feel your pain since the Snyder era began.

Every four seasons, I visit this message board for friendly, neighborly banter (mostly tailgating planning).  See y'all again  in 2024.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I predict the Skins will lose and Riverboat Ron will not use any of his timeouts.

Going out on a limb there huh :)although, this time i doubt anyone here will have a legit reason why he should be calling timeouts, since they’ll be down by 50+ by that point anyway 

but I’m sure there will still be a few crazies saying “why aren’t you using your timeouts!!!” 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

2 hours ago, Mista T said:

OK, here's a prediction: Baltimore 23 - Washington 21

Close game due to Ravens' offense ineptitude: Jackson-Andrews has been neutralized,  Ingrams runs as if constipated, and Jackson is now taking sacks instead of turning blitzes into long runs. Tucker's all-time NFL most accurate foot will be the difference.  The Ravens' 2019 season's 12 game win streak, including three 40+ game in a row against Patriots, Rams, etc, is now a distant memory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

side note:  a personal milestone ends with no fans at the game, no tailgating this Sunday.  I had attended every Ravens-Redskins game (preseason included, scrimmages and draft days) since both new stadiums opened starting 1997.  I'm a Ravens fan with many friends/neighbors/ relatives who are fans of your team, and I often have attended games at Landover not involving the Ravens (three games last year when club seats were available for $21 to $25).  One can support only one NFL team; however, I feel your pain since the Snyder era began.

Every four seasons, I visit this message board for friendly, neighborly banter (mostly tailgating planning).  See y'all again  in 2024.

Thank you for being kind with your score prediction.

LOL. If you guys want a good laugh, go to Dianna Russinis tweet from this morning about how the Steelers titans game won’t be played next week. And read the conversation on this guy Steve Sillers moronic comment. 

Long story short, this idiot misunderstood her tweet, thought she was wrong by saying NEXT week (which, next Monday IS next week), and claimed that I, and 3 others, were wrong. Then he started to “troll” me because i “wouldn’t let it go” (i was just simply trying to get him to admit he was wrong). 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LOL. If you guys want a good laugh, go to Dianna Russinis tweet from this morning about how the Steelers titans game won’t be played next week. And read the conversation on this guy Steve Sillers moronic comment. 

Long story short, this idiot misunderstood her tweet, thought she was wrong by saying NEXT week (which, next Monday IS next week), and claimed that I, and 3 others, were wrong. Then he started to “troll” me because i “wouldn’t let it go” (i was just simply trying to get him to admit he was wrong). 

Son [pats head], there are some battles in life that aren't worth fighting.

• Thanks 1

I live in ATL and couldn't be happier...because at least we've won a game.

Our season opener, down by 17, scoring 27 unanswered points. 

**** the Falcons. I'll take my team (seemingly a pile of trash) over the pile of trash that exists here.  Sports talk radio is absolutely toxic right now. :hitfan:

/rant

I have long theorized OTAs are bull**** and not needed for our entertainment. I was very happy watching ball back in the 70s in 80s when players would show up out of shape.

Is anyone finding football less entertaining now because Covid shortened offseason workouts?  Scoring seems the same if not up, yet we always hear offenses need more time blah blah blah all bull**** its time to give players far more time off during offseasons.

Some may argue we are seeing more injuries I call bunk players get injured in OTAs and camp.

Edited by RandyHolt

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I have long theorized OTAs are bull**** and not needed for our entertainment. I was very happy watching ball back in the 70s in 80s when players would show up out of shape.

Is anyone hating finding football less entertaining now because Covid shortened offseason workouts?  Scoring seems the same if not up, yet we always hear offenses need more time blah blah blah all bull**** its time to give players far more time off during offseasons.

Some may argue we are seeing more injuries I call bunk players get injured in OTAs and camp.

I think we had 2 promising young receivers - Emmanual Hall and Kelvin Harmon, both get injured and out for the year - before TC even started, and despite no OTA's

• Thanks 1