Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Pump them up on Ben Gay and happy pills respectively, and then trade them both for a kings ransom!!!!1! We'll throw Kirk in if we lose 4 in a row. 

Joking aside, if we lose ugly on Sunday, I am writing a program to change everyone's ES password. Except Jumbo's of course, which remains password.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 2

Just read this over at the Caps message board from the esteemed poster affectionately named Goon:

"Something is going on in the NFL. Mike Tirico just mentioned during a catch review that he watched all the week 1 games and he noticed a trend toward letting the call on the field stand. .... So this may explain the terrible ruling on the pick 6 to Cox last week."

Even without trying they get the reviews wrong. How about this idea of mine - eliminating the auto reviews of every TD, turnover, and every single play inside of 2 minutes, in exchange just give coaches an additional review. I saw in a game where a pass hit an outstretched blade of grass as it was being caught by the outstretched receiver. Any grass IS the ground. Or is it. The NFL doesn't even know.

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Where's the away game sendoff thread?? It's usually up by now. Come on ES, you're slacking :P 

2nd page bud, been up since Tuesday

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Just read this over at the Caps message board from the esteemed poster affectionately named Goon:

"Something is going on in the NFL. Mike Tirico just mentioned during a catch review that he watched all the week 1 games and he noticed a trend toward letting the call on the field stand. .... So this may explain the terrible ruling on the pick 6 to Cox last week."

Even without trying they get the reviews wrong. How about this idea of mine - eliminating the auto reviews of every TD, turnover, and every single play inside of 2 minutes, in exchange just give coaches an additional review. I saw in a game where a pass hit an outstretched blade of grass as it was being caught by the outstretched receiver. Any grass IS the ground. Or is it. The NFL doesn't even know.

It's funny that a system meant to eliminate human error has amplified it.

On a side note, did you say Caps message board?  I've looked for a good one and it seems impossible to find... or I'm just terrible at looking.  

Edited by OVCChairman

12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That New Era coaches hat is ugly as ****.  Watching the game with a buddy today, we were both trying to figure out what the hell all those little gold dots are all over the brim.  Watching Packers/Falcons now and I see McCarthy is wearing it, too.  

I agree, minus the New Era logo, it looks like one you'd find at Wal Mart. They are running out of cool ideas for hats it appears.  The gold look and the foil logos in years past I think we're the pinnacle of sideline head gear.  

This team should be working on a long term extension with Zach Brown immediately if not sooner. He is a game-changing linebacker and is the best athlete we've had at the position since Fletcher circa 2008. Re-sign the All-Pro immediately.

Note: All-Pro not Pro Bowl because that distinction is irrelevant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree, minus the New Era logo, it looks like one you'd find at Wal Mart. They are running out of cool ideas for hats it appears.  The gold look and the foil logos in years past I think we're the pinnacle of sideline head gear.  

The New Era logo just needs to go.  It's on the side of every MLB hat and it looks ridiculous. Yes, we get it, you're the #1 hat maker for sports in the world and have licensing agreements with every major sports league.  Less is more, stop cluttering up your ****ing hats.  

It's a damn good thing that Cousins does his weekly radio spot on 106.7, and not on Cooley and Kevin.  Kevin would get so excited that his boner would be visible through the radio. 

I've never seen such a man crush on a good player (10-15 starter in the league = good) in my life.   Holy moly. It's like Kevin is his agent. 

• Haha 1

@Voice of Reason Believe it or not, Kevin has actually cooled his jets on Kirk some of late.  Yes, he still loves him but he's been willing to be critical this season, which is a first for him.  I actually thought Cooley was the bigger Kirk supporter early on but he's stepped away from that ledge over the past year, along with the FO - imagine that.