Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Was in San Diego on business recently.  So, naturally, I had all variations of Stone on draft everywhere.  Sooooo good. Green flash too.  In San Diego, craft beer truly is woven into the local culture.  Crafts are easily available and popular everywhere.  Really cool environment.

I hadn't tried Karl Strauss' Red Trolley Ale before.  When you are in the mood for something uncomplicated, smooth and easily drinkable - this one does the trick.

20532.jpg

This is no beer like “It’s 1am and I’ve been moving in the rain, sleet, and snow since 9am, I broke my bedframe, I discovered a new stain in the carpet that won’t come out, I had to break a wall to get my couch into my new place, and I dinged my neighbor’s car with the massive Uhaul so it’s now a $1500 move instead of a $500 move” beer. 

Damn. Least you got a lot of life's bull**** out of the way in the matter of one day. I tend to spread my bull**** out over the course of a month, insuring a consistent flow of stress, albeit mild. What was the beer?

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye

And yeah that's my thought too. I'm due for a REALLY good couple months now. 

Although still gotta deal with my jackass soon-to-be former landlord tomorrow, who I suspect will fight for more security deposit money that he should. 

Odd question....I have a beer can here that I would like to keep.  What's the best way to open it and keep the tab intact?  I'm travelling, currently in New Jersey.  I have a multi-tool but not sure if that will do it.  Any insider tips?

Was in San Diego on business recently.  So, naturally, I had all variations of Stone on draft everywhere.  Sooooo good. Green flash too.  In San Diego, craft beer truly is woven into the local culture.  Crafts are easily available and popular everywhere.  Really cool environment.

I hadn't tried Karl Strauss' Red Trolley Ale before.  When you are in the mood for something uncomplicated, smooth and easily drinkable - this one does the trick.

Stone brewing OWNS San Diego craft brewing, and rightfully so, but to be honest, I haven't had anything from Karl Strauss that I don't really enjoy the hell out of either!

Cold Snap is amazing. The downside is that they're starting to phase it out in some bars and liquor stores in favor of Summer Ale. So if you see a few 12-packs of it around, but it now before it's gone.

Thats why its called Sams "Seasonal" , its not around ALL year :) If anyone wants to know where to get Cold Snap still on tap in ALEXANDRIA, let me know, I sort of have a inside scoop on that with my job lol not many places have it still

Odd question....I have a beer can here that I would like to keep.  What's the best way to open it and keep the tab intact?  I'm travelling, currently in New Jersey.  I have a multi-tool but not sure if that will do it.  Any insider tips?

Punch a small hole in the  bottom of the can somehow (turn it upside down first, lol had to say it!) my grandfather used to collect rare beer cans and did this.

NEW BREWERY ALERT, Out of Warrenton Virginia... OLD BUSTED HEAD BREWING https://www.facebook.com/OldBustHead

Distributed by my company, Premium Distributing

Edited by DButz65

Thats why its called Sams "Seasonal" , its not around ALL year :) If anyone wants to know where to get Cold Snap still on tap in ALEXANDRIA, let me know, I sort of have a inside scoop on that with my job lol not many places have it still

Well I know that! I was just saying that even though it's finally Spring, their Spring beer is starting to go away in Summer Ale. A few of the bars around me have already made the switch to Summer Ale. Seems the liquor stores are a little behind though and still have plenty.

Punch a small hole in the  bottom of the can somehow (turn it upside down first, lol had to say it!) my grandfather used to collect rare beer cans and did this.

NEW BREWERY ALERT, Out of Warrenton Virginia... OLD BUSTED HEAD BREWING https://www.facebook.com/OldBustHead

Distributed by my company, Premium Distributing

Does your company distribute Ola Dubh by Harviestoun?

Gonna basically copy from my post on the WNFF board, but for the ladies here into craft beer (and fellas with such ladies), my wife started a local DMV chapter of the national Girls Pint Out organization - a "national craft beer organization for women" as described on the GPO webpage. Check em out:

https://twitter.com/DMVGirlsPintOut

https://www.facebook.com/dcmetrogirlspintout

Sometimes I'm allowed to tag along to events as the mascot.  :D

had on olivers (pratt st brewery in baltimore) oatmeal stout and a 'draft punk' IPA.

like them both, but i really like the IPA alot. i saw it didnt get great reviews, but i thought it was one of the best balanced IPAs ive ever had. hoppy, but not crazy hoppy and not too much malt behind it. not weird aftertaste either. very good, i thought. 

had on olivers (pratt st brewery in baltimore) oatmeal stout and a 'draft punk' IPA.

like them both, but i really like the IPA alot. i saw it didnt get great reviews, but i thought it was one of the best balanced IPAs ive ever had. hoppy, but not crazy hoppy and not too much malt behind it. not weird aftertaste either. very good, i thought.

I've been passing up that Draft Punk time and time again. Will have to get it now! Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Have this thing chilling in the fridge. Since I'm gluten free - I've been going the cider/alt beers route. 

Not my typical thing, but the bar I usually go to just got Smith & Forge Hard Cider (I never heard of it, so she gave me can). It's actually pretty good.

It's gluten free and 6%. Better than Angry Orchard. Give it a try.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-04-04/entertainment/bal-flying-dog-old-bay-20140404_1_flying-dog-old-bay-true-blue-program

Flying Dog announces Dead Rise Summer Ale - brewed with Old Bay

April 04, 2014|Richard Gorelick | The Baltimore Sun

Dead Rise Summer Ale, a new beer from Frederick-based Flying Dog, is named after wooden-hulled fishing boats that were built to navigate Chesapeake waterways.

But you might call the new beer "summer in a bottle." The Belgian pale ale is brewed with Maryland's favorite seafood spice mix, Old Bay.

Flying Dog brewers worked with Old Bay spice experts for six months to develop the recipe, according to press information announcing Dead Rise.pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Proceeds from sales of Dead Rise, which will be available on draft and in six-packs from Memorial Day through Labor Day, will benefit Maryland's True Blue program, a seafood-awareness initiative developed by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.

I love Flying Dog. I love Old Bay. But as a beer? Not so sure. (More in link). 

I've been passing up that Draft Punk time and time again. Will have to get it now!

Knowing your taste, I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.

Going to Nats Spring training the last couple of years, we've come to really like the Cocoa Beach Brewing Company in Cocoa Beach.

This bill would likely hurt them big time.

I was in cocoa beach last year and will probably be there again this year. I'll have to check it out.

Going to Nats Spring training the last couple of years, we've come to really like the Cocoa Beach Brewing Company in Cocoa Beach. They are really tiny.

This bill would likely hurt them big time.

I'm not oft for quoting Milton Friedman, but he argued that most monopolies were created through government rules. It's amazing to me to think that legislators would really believe that forcing a micro-brew bar to buy back its own beer at a mark-up is 1) fair, and 2) going to increase competition in the market-place. It's been known for awhile now that the macros control the distributors as such the only thing that any of this is doing now is giving legal authority to the macro-brewers to shut down localized competition.

You should be proud Florida.