Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Don't do light anything. Here's my short-list:

Lager - Heineken

Heffeweisen - Paulaner, Franziskaner

Stout - Guinness, Murphy's

Amber Ale - Smithwick's

IPA - Sculpin/Ballast Point, Pliny the Elder/Red River Brewing Co.

Specialty/Seasonal - Anchor Steam Christmas

I prefer draught if possible, bottle if necessary, generally avoid cans...even if it means going without.

Heineken Extra Cold Draught & Pliny the Elder are my 2 absolute favorites though.

Interesting, I haven't had Morning Glory.  I've liked everything I've had by Dominion though, so I'll have to give it a try if I can find it.

Do you like Peg Leg?  In other words, does Peg Leg being at the bottom of that list mean that Peg Leg is bad, or just that it's not as good as those other stouts?

Interesting, I haven't had Morning Glory. I've liked everything I've had by Dominion though, so I'll have to give it a try if I can find it.

Do you like Peg Leg? In other words, does Peg Leg being at the bottom of that list mean that Peg Leg is bad, or just that it's not as good as those other stouts?

Peg Leg is okay, but that's about it. Aged one for two years and it turned out to be a lot better. Do not see myself getting it for a long time though, it's a boring flavor. Body is pretty light, as well. Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Mmm Monks Cafe Flemish Sour, has anyone tried it?

I like it. It's a good, but not great, sour.  I usually prefer more of a sourness in a beer like that, but hey, different strokes. We even get it in our local grocery store which is awesome.  

Speaking of sours, I had an amazing one the other night in Hill Farmstead's Phenomenology of Spirit.  Dark and roast with a fruity cherry aroma and significant tartness.  Incredibly good.

45NVAySl.jpg

Edited by HBnotBlades

I like it. It's a good, but not great, sour.  I usually prefer more of a sourness in a beer like that, but hey, different strokes. We even get it in our local grocery store which is awesome.  

Speaking of sours, I had an amazing one the other night in Hill Farmstead's Phenomenology of Spirit.  Dark and roast with a fruity cherry aroma and significant tartness.  Incredibly good.

Man, I love sours, Tart of Darkness on tap was one of my favorites, La Folie by New Belgium is super yummy also.

From Deadspin's mailbag:

Q:

In what order would you rank places to drink a beer? I would have to think the top three are:

1) Shower beer
2) Grilling out beer
3) On a boat beer
Followed closely by "Road beer" and "Sporting event beer."

A:

Don't forget about the fabled OUTDOOR SHOWER beer. If you're at some dip**** beach house and there's an outdoor shower, drinking a beer in that shower will add decades to your life. It's true. Here would be my rankings for places in drink beer:

• 1. Outdoor shower beer
  • 2. Outdoor bonfire beer
  • 3. Grill beer
  • 4. Boat beer
  • 5. Beach beer
  • 6. Stadium beer (tailgate)
  • 7. Urban rooftop beer
  • 8. Indoor shower beer
  • 9. Golf course beer
  • 10 .Stadium beer (inside)
  • 11. Concert beer
  • 12. Airplane to Las Vegas beer
  • 13. Outside in the cold on a friend's patio beer
  • 14. Outdoor cafe in the spring beer
  • 15. Train beer
  • 16. Roadie (NOT WHILE DRIVING BE SAFE PEOPLE)
  • 17. Post-wedding ceremony beer

Those are all good beers. Enjoy them.

--

So what places did they miss? I would add

- Floating on a raft in a pool beer

- Finished mowing lawn beer

Edited by Dan T.

Saranac 12 Beers of Winter variety pack is good. $11.50!!! Here's how I rank the beers:

1) Belgian Pale Ale

2) Spiced Christmas Ale

3) Decoction Concoction Lager

4) Pale Ale

5) 4059 Porter

6) Moonshadow Black IPA

Not a Black IPA fan to begin with, but all these beers are good. I do question why there are 4 hoppy beers for a winter pack. The Decoction Concoction Lager is the hoppiest of them all. The Belgian Pale Ale comes off as a Saison with a yeast and banana background, pretty damn good. The Spiced Christmas Ale is lightly flavored, but tastes like the Dogfish Head Midas Touch.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

For my birthday my wife got me 6 packs of these:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8116/8690330528_1101da3801_b.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_A_opcg_BeKs/TM80gMA9zBI/AAAAAAAAB0w/i-VqiuwnUTw/s1600/Lagunitas+Brown+Shugga'.jpg

And a 4 pack of these:

http://www.craftbeertime.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Stone15thAnniversaryBlackIPA.jpg

Hoppy birthday to me. 

The [img /img coding wasn't working for me :-/

The Escondonian Black IpA was one of my favorite black IPAs , are you sure it's the Escondonian black?

Sure isn't, I clicked on the wrong picture. It's the Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA. 

edit-  wait, I'm second guessing myself. It's one of those two. I'll look when I get home and check in with you guys.

Edited by skinsfan_1215