Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Nocal, I'm moving to SD in 2 months :) Can't wait to take the brew tours out there

Schlafly is definitely my favorite of the pumpkin beers I have had. I thought that Pumking tasted like the buttered popcorn jelly belly. Wasnt a fan, dont understand why its so popular. Had a couple other people taste it and they agreed.

Also, Alewerks Pumpkin Ale is pretty good. Not great but a solid pumpkin beer.

It tastes like gram cracker, vanilla, and pumpkin to me 

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Is it better cold or warm?  Or is it OK to start it off cold & not care when it gets warm?

I prefer porter slightly chilled or room temperature,not a fan of ice cold beer except to guzzle.

when I go out I usually let it warm up awhile

Warm/room temperature beer?

omg yuk!! Piss is warm ... lol I know some taste better slightly chilled, some people say, but eff that, I cant drink beer unless its very cold

Well I don't normally drink pilsners or IPA ,which are probably better cold....or Coors 

I'd as soon drink water,and ya know what WC said about water. :P

Stouts are oftentimes best close to room temp. Guinness Extra Stout is a good example, I don't put that stuff in the fridge at all. 72 degree Guinness is guzzle-worthy.

Warm beer? No thanks.

Agreed...love me some Guinness.  Also, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is amazing if you've never tried it.

Enjoying some Enjoy By 10/25 at Tap 42 in Ft Lauderdale.  Fantastic.

f2u3.jpg

Earlier in the week I had Funky Buddha's Moro Moro Blood Orange IPA at the brewery.  Had a big grapefruit bite to it.  It's 7.7% ABV.  Very good.  Nice alternative to their Hop Gun IPA.

bhgk.jpg

And two weekends ago I hit the Lion and Eagle Pub in Boca Raton, FL which has a few Cigar City bombers in the back fridge.  Had Cigar City's Last Spike IPA.  Pretty good though I must admit it was a little bit of a let down.  When I heard that Cigar City and Coronado collaborated on an IPA, I had huge expectations.  Pretty good...but not one I would go out of my way for. 

nvb4.jpg

Edited by Southtown

had my first pumpkin beer (Blue Moon) ,not bad, I will have to try some of the other like Pumpking

Good luck finding Pumking, that stuff sold out a month ago.   I actually rank Schlafly Pumpkin ale right up there with Pumking, had a Greater Pumpkin brewed by heavy seas, which is a Bourbon Barrel aged Pumpkin ale and thought it was awesome.

Good luck finding Pumking, that stuff sold out a month ago.   I actually rank Schlafly Pumpkin ale right up there with Pumking, had a Greater Pumpkin brewed by heavy seas, which is a Bourbon Barrel aged Pumpkin ale and thought it was awesome.

Beerfinder shows it available here, probably not as much a market when it has been around 100 degrees.

I'm on the hunt for the Southern Tier Warlock and Flying Dog The Fear. Want some dark pumpkin beer. I agree with GoSkins, the Schafly Pumkin Ale is just as good as Southern Tier Pumking. Will be looking for the Starr Hill Pumkin Porter as well, good heads up Skinsfan-1215.

The Fear is real good

I had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale and its a close call between that and Pumking for my favorite pumpkin beer

The Fear is real good

I had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale and its a close call between that and Pumking for my favorite pumpkin beer

Had the Punkin Ale a couple years ago and swore I'd never get it again. I think it mighta been a bad batch. Guess I'll try it again.

Got some Newcastle and Lenies Oktoberfest for the game tomorrow. Good craft beers for newbies. Newcastle is actually pretty damn enjoyable.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

For West Coast Breweries, don't sleep on Drake's out of San Leandro (right below Oakland) they are coming up, have a good IPA, world class Stout, wonderful Porter and a Nitro Stout available only on tap at the brewery.

Also, Northern, CA is peppered with TONS of small operations that just don't have good distribution yet but if you are ever in the Bay area or Sacramento Valley, there is a LOT of good beer around.

Can you recommend any? I'm in Davis, and I want to start expanding my taste in beers.

Had the Punkin Ale a couple years ago and swore I'd never get it again. I think it mighta been a bad batch. Guess I'll try it again.

Got some Newcastle and Lenies Oktoberfest for the game tomorrow. Good craft beers for newbies. Newcastle is actually pretty damn enjoyable.

Newcastle was my go-to for a while in college.

My dad picked up a Sam Adams hop-whatever variety pack when I was home for the weekend. I tried their Double Agent IPL, which I hadn't tried before and found intriguing. The beer was quite tasty. It had a very different body than an IPA, was much easier to drink. But there was still a strong hop taste, very citrusy. I was pleased. Definitely a fan.