Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Knowing your taste, I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.

I was in cocoa beach last year and will probably be there again this year. I'll have to check it out.

It's worth a visit.  Good beer on tap, and very friendly people.  It's like drinking in someone's rec room.

Going to Nats Spring training the last couple of years, we've come to really like the Cocoa Beach Brewing Company in Cocoa Beach. They are really tiny.

This bill would likely hurt them big time.

I was just there at the end of February when visiting my parents in Melbourne. They'd just had a local beer festival so they only had two beers on tap, and their Not Just Another Stout in the fridge. Tried both taps and bought a bottle of the stout to bring back home with me.

I also checked out Intracoastal Brewing on Eau Gallie Blvd between Rte. 1 and the river. Some really interesting stuff on tap, but they're not bottling yet. They're only about 6 months old.

http://www.intracoastalbrewingcompany.com/

A little picture of me doing what I do... was taking off a beer at a bar/account of mine, and putting on

the Old Busted Head Keg you see in the background. I had to flush the line out first, was a really dark beer before.

Hooked up the old busted head wildcat ipa... i tasted it wasnt bad at all... certainly not as hoppy as most IPA's.

post-152166-0-39683000-1396916926_thumb.

• Like 1

I had to share this one. Schlafly AIPA. This was amazing out of a draft and almost as good out of the bottle. It's hard to come by, I bought out one beer store and haven't found it anywhere else, but I highly suggest trying it. 

So I finally got the regular Shock Top Belgian White, which is the base-beer they use for the Lemon Shandy and Honeycrisp Apple Wheat. Those two beers are really good springtime guzzlers, but they make the Belgian White seem boring in comparison.

Shock Top Lemon Shandy is the best lemon shandy I've had so far. Honeycrisp Apple Wheat tastes like sour apple Blow Pops. I dig it. Didn't think I'd enjoy these two beers, but they're very enjoyable.

A little picture of me doing what I do... was taking off a beer at a bar/account of mine, and putting on

the Old Busted Head Keg you see in the background. I had to flush the line out first, was a really dark beer before.

Hooked up the old busted head wildcat ipa... i tasted it wasnt bad at all... certainly not as hoppy as most IPA's.

Nice! There's nothing like brewery fresh, draft beer. I just ordered a keg of Victory Hop Devil and will be picking it up tomorrow. Ignore the Budweiser sign...

CopyofP1010640.jpg

• Like 2

Loose Cannon is so easy to reach for out of habit when you live in Baltimore that I'm trying to be intentional about branching out.  (No offense rincewind.)

Edit: MisterPinstripe, where do you live? I really like Three Floyds, but I've never seen them outside of the midwest.

Edited by dfitzo53

Loose Cannon is so easy to reach for out of habit when you live in Baltimore that I'm trying to be intentional about branching out.  (No offense rincewind.)

Edit: MisterPinstripe, where do you live? I really like Three Floyds, but I've never seen them outside of the midwest.

EvolutionsWines is the only place I've found online that sells Three Floyd's.  Shipping is reasonable.  You are better off calling in your order since the shipping cost they post on their website is just an estimate.

Three Floyd's here:

http://www.evolutionwines.com/beer/craft-1.html?p=3

A way back in this thread I posted a photo of my Alpha King and Gumballhead delivery.  Both are fantastic.

Lol Victory Hop Devil. I remember it was always Loose Cannon, then you switched. Some people find that favorite beer and stick with it.

I actually only ever have 3 beers in the rotation...Loose Cannon, Hellrazer and Hop Devil. I haven't tapped any Loose Cannon in a while.

I changed for two reasons.

1)Not sure what it is, about the Loose Cannon, but something is different. Back in the day, the ABV was 7.5%....now it's 7.25% I won't even buy it any more, out of a bottle. I can't put my finger on it, but it's different, especially in bottles. It's okay in cans, and even better on draft.

2)Hop Devil, to me, is tastier. It's better balanced than the Loose Cannon. At 6.7%, it's definitely more of a session beer.

I love Heavy Seas Beers, but my favorites are now the seasonal offerings, like Winter Storm & Small Craft Warning. I do enjoy the Black Cannon too.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1

I still love Loose Cannon poured out of the bottle, think it still has that signature flavor. Could pick it out in a group of IPAs.

Oh...it's still pretty damn good...I just don't want 15.5 gallons of it. I buy it exclusively in cans. If we're out, and it's available on draft, I'll order it.

*For a special treat, cut a Black Cannon with some Loose Cannon...the combination is off the hook. Not sure why, but it's really good.

*courtesy of Rincewind.

Edited by Skinsfan1311

So the Loose Cannon + Black Cannon would be 75% Loose Cannon, right? With 25% dark malts. Hey Rincewind, just tell your boss over there they should make that concoction and call it the "D0uble Cannon". Not to be confused with the Dubbel Cannon, which I can't find on shelves anymore. What happened to that beer. Anybody, please tell me, because I have a bottle around 4 years old and want to compare to a fresh one. Been thinking about just drinking it.

Built a fire pit today. Tomorrow I'm thinking about building a six pack of beer and getting a couple bombers. Will report back.

image-11.jpg

• Like 1

So the Loose Cannon + Black Cannon would be 75% Loose Cannon, right? With 25% dark malts. Hey Rincewind, just tell your boss over there they should make that concoction and call it the "D0uble Cannon". Not to be confused with the Dubbel Cannon, which I can't find on shelves anymore. What happened to that beer. Anybody, please tell me, because I have a bottle around 4 years old and want to compare to a fresh one. Been thinking about just drinking it.

Built a fire pit today. Tomorrow I'm thinking about building a six pack of beer and getting a couple bombers. Will report back.image-11.jpg

Actually, it's 75% Black Cannon....

I thought the Black Cannon was 50% Loose Cannon, 50% dark malts. So if you poured a glass half full of Loose Cannon, then half with Black Cannon, that would be 75% Loose Cannon in your concoction. Sorry if I'm not following, but I will try this combination soon.

Three Floyds Zombie Dust is so, so good as well.

Sweet fire pit!

Thanks, you're so lucky to have access to Three Floyd's beers.

Tonight I'm having a beer tasting around the fire pit. Here's the stash, people are BYOB'ing as well. They know to bring the crafties, too.

image-12.jpg

EvolutionsWines is the only place I've found online that sells Three Floyd's. Shipping is reasonable. You are better off calling in your order since the shipping cost they post on their website is just an estimate.

Three Floyd's here:

http://www.evolutionwines.com/beer/craft-1.html?p=3

A way back in this thread I posted a photo of my Alpha King and Gumballhead delivery. Both are fantastic.

Do they get different Three Floyd's in? Or do they typically just have the same three?