Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Flying Dog posted this on Facebook today:

"For 75 years, OLD BAY has been your staple seafood spice. Now, we've developed a beer that will quickly earn its spot right alongside that iconic blue, yellow, and red tin."

Wheat beers are plentiful. Look for Hefeweizens for the tastier German Wheat style. Usually says it on the labels. Paulaner Hefeweizen or Franziskaner Hefeweizen, for a couple of examples.

More common ones you didn't mention are the Harpoon UFO Hefeweizen, Flying Dog In Heat Wheat, Red Hook Hefeweizen and the Sam Adams Coastal Wheat. That's just off the top of my head.

I love the Harpoon UFO...prob my favorite Wheat Beer. 

Edited by S.T.real,lights,out

This weekend's lineup before they went in the cooler: (6) McSorley's Black Lagers, Third Shift Amber Ale, DFH 60 Minute IPA, Dominion Cherry Blossom Lager, (6) Heavy Seas "Riptide" White IPAs.

image-14.jpg

All the beers are yummy. The Third Shift is cheap and probably my favorite Amber Ale at the local store. Pleasant surprise. Dominion Cherry Blossom was yet another solid effort from Dominion. Better than the Sam Adam's Cherry.

The Heavy Seas Riptide White IPA has Loose Cannon it. Whether it's 25%, 50%, or 75%, I'm not sure ;). In reality it's an IPA mixed with Belgan yeast and Witbier spices. Fine sipper, they really nailed this one, IMO.

McSorley's was excellent to gulp down, very drinkable. I'm a sucker for black lagers, though.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

This weekend's lineup before they went in the cooler: (6) McSorley's Black Lagers, Third Shift Amber Ale, DFH 60 Minute IPA, Dominion Cherry Blossom Lager, (6) Heavy Seas "Riptide" White IPAs.

All the beers are yummy. The Third Shift is cheap and probably my favorite Amber Ale at the local store. Pleasant surprise. Dominion Cherry Blossom was yet another solid effort from Dominion. Better than the Sam Adam's Cherry.

The Heavy Seas Riptide White IPA has Loose Cannon it. Whether it's 25%, 50%, or 75%, I'm not sure ;). In reality it's an IPA mixed with Belgan yeast and Witbier spices. Fine sipper, they really nailed this one, IMO.

McSorley's was excellent to gulp down, very drinkable. I'm a sucker for black lagers, though.

Minus the dog right????    ;)

1)Not sure what it is, about the Loose Cannon, but something is different. Back in the day, the ABV was 7.5%....now it's 7.25% I won't even buy it any more, out of a bottle. I can't put my finger on it, but it's different, especially in bottles..

I've thought the same thing for a couple of years. I still like it, but it doesn't have quite that hop punch that I remember it having before.

Minus the dog right???? ;)

That particular dog right there likes beer. Literally. Will start licking the top of the can if you aren't paying attention. And I say CAN, not BOTTLE, because she's particular to cheap American lagers. Not a fan of the crafties. Hey, at least she's not in to hard lemonade.

(I don't let my dog slam beer, but she will slurp it up if I pour a little on the ground :))

That particular dog right there likes beer. Literally. Will start licking the top of the can if you aren't paying attention. And I say CAN, not BOTTLE, because she's particular to cheap American lagers. Not a fan of the crafties. Hey, at least she's not in to hard lemonade.

(I don't let my dog slam beer, but she will slurp it up if I pour a little on the ground :))

My uncle used to give his dog a little beer in the water bowl from time to time.

So I've been drinking spring/summer beers a lot lately. Wanted to totally switch it up this weekend. Decided to stop at a different beer store, and boom, there was some Flying Dog Mint Chocolate Stout. Nabbed bombers of Southern Tier Choklat and Lagunitas Cappuccino as well.

image-15.jpg

How is the Mint Chocolate? I was looking for some around here but haven't found any yet

Assumed it was an imperial stout. Nope, just a regular one. Lighter than I expected in every way, aroma is pretty strong. Had me fooled up to there.

Flavor is good though, just gotta take big ass swigs, and even chug it a little. I want Southern Tier to make a Mint Choklat. *orgasms*

Will be stopping there today! Right on my way home from work. Gracias!

No problem, any luck?

I'm sipping on a "On The Wings Of Armageddon" right now. Pretty tasty!  

Cool, even though I work for a beer distributor, I'm not a huge beer drinker at all lol go figure right?

I would rather have liquor, well off to work lol  :lol:

Edited by DButz65

Yea I had the Shandy last summer at a Nats game and after 1 or 2 it was way too sweet to drink any more

I'm sipping on a "On The Wings Of Armageddon" right now. Pretty tasty!  

This is a good one of theirs...I got to try it at the Snallygaster beer fest last year

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Tried the St Arnold brown porter today, not bad

A bit light for my preference ,but creamy with chocolate and nut tones with a light malt...good session beer with interesting nuances

Black Butte porter is much better , but I'll try another tomorrow in case the Optimator was clouding my buds

New Belgium Snapshot and Sam Adams Porch Rocker.

The snapshot is yet another wheat beer (for the person in this thread who was looking for more to try). Think it's their spring seasonal, so get it while it lasts. It's aiight...wheat beers are generally all refreshing gulpers. This is no different.

Sam Adams Porch Rocker is a Helles lager with lemonade. It's good, but the Shock Top Lemon Shandy is still champ when it comes to the lemonade beers I've tried.