Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Goddamn we are bunch of blind suckers. We'll eat any plate of feces Snyder sets in front of this.

At the beginning of this mess, Zorn was on NO ONE's radar for OC. NO ONE was talking about him even as a hot prospect as OC. But, we nevertheless hire him. We use this BS justification that it is so she can spend time turning JC into a Pro Bowl QB. Then when we FAIL--- FAIL FAIL FAIL---to find any competent head coach, we promote this guy to HC.

So now, we have as a HC someone who NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE was even looking at as an OC. He was NOT a hot commodity. This is not Tomlin or Garrett or any of the other hot young coaches. And the whole point of bringing him here--to develop JC--now won't occur because a HC can't spend his time working with a QB. They have to do a HC job.

The fact that people are talking this up makes me sick because I realize that Snyder can do anything he wants and y'all will eat it up.

We come up with this BS things like "he is young and hungry." Well, no, he is not young. And WTF is hungry? Someone tell me what that means. It sure sounds a lot like "Desperate because has no other options""

There was NO TEAM IN THIS LEAGUE that wanted this guy as an OC or HC. He is now given our team as HC after we failed to find anyone else.

If this doesn't cause y'all to protest Snyder, then nothing will. He is making a mockery out of our franchise and y'all get excited about it. It is as if he walked onto a stage, dropped his pants, and crapped right in front of us and some of y'all applaud it.

I'm sick to my stomach right now.

Art enought with the homerism, and the spin for the team. How do you honestly feel about giving the job to someone that has never had a coaches meeting, called a play or even run an offense???

Do you feel the reason why Fossil is not our coach is because Danny and Vinny do not have the ability to be the GM??

This is a desperation move which might set us back either one year or 5, depends on if he last one season.

They wanted fossil and the couldn't take the fans screaming about it, so they went to their ONLY option. I thought Danny was a great leader and business man, I guess not.

Nothing about that post contained one bit of homerism or spin. I asked for people to express themselves for or against here. I even then put what I felt up in this thread.

You owe me an apology or you've earned time off.

If every time someone doesn't ignorantly post heated anti-Redskins rhetoric gets you bothered, go elsewhere. I don't have to put up with that from you.

Guess what i voted for?

Zorny!

Surprising i know. I am not really zorny but based on all the alternatives at this point, it was the only possible move. At least the OC and Zorn will be on the same page.

Lots of questions though but ill let things settle down for a while.

Oh, I hear that LD. Actually, people now know what they are spazzing about instead of it being gratuitous.

I like this way better than any option I saw after Spags or Cowher--and I didn't want Ciwher just becuase all I think when I look at him is "Steelers"

Zorn spent his football life serving Washington :) It's great karma baby

All I have heard and read is that is a good guy that knows football. I think one has to just sit back and watch and judge by his results not by his prior resume.

Also, a head is much more than just calling plays and running the offense.

Let's just give this guy a chance. I mean, what else are you going to do.

What I would like to know is who is now going to be the offensive coordinator and are we going to also bring in a QB coach? Also, will Zorn be calling the plays or the new offensive coordinator. Have to iron those things out.

Interesting stuff from Gibbs in the press release:

“Playing experience like Jim’s is an enormous advantage for a head coach,” said Gibbs. “Every move he makes, every play he calls, is based on the foundation of having actually played in real time and in the face of real opponents. You can’t learn that on the sidelines or in the classroom.”

“Dan and Vinny worked extremely hard on this process, and their research and diligence paid off after many long nights and hard hours. They’re to be congratulated for that,” Gibbs said.

“Dan was impressed with Jim from their first meeting. The first time he talked to me about hiring Jim I could tell what a strong impression he had made,” Gibbs added. “Jim was a heck of a player, I know because I had to coach against him. But everyone also knows what a high-quality person he is, it’s the first thing people tell you.”

“I’m also extremely excited about the fact that Dan has maintained such stability and continuity among the staff. Not just the coaches, but also the entire infrastructure – strength coaches, medical staff, and others – that is required to maintain chemistry on a team,” Gibbs said.

What he lacks in coaching experience he does have in playing experience. There probably is something to that. There's probably something to the "feel of the game" he could have. Garrett seemed to have it and he wasn't even a good player :).

Holmgren's coaching tree does point to some successes as well. We'll have to see.

Stop Drinking the ****ing Kool-Aid people!

This is a desperate move by a front office that completly ****ed up the whole hiring process....what a clown show!

:mad:

I actually agree 100% but hiring any outsider and forcing them to work with Zorn would make even less sense.

Unless of course they canned Zorn and started all over. Lol.

Goddamn we are bunch of blind suckers. We'll eat any plate of feces Snyder sets in front of this.

At the beginning of this mess, Zorn was on NO ONE's radar for OC. NO ONE was talking about him even as a hot prospect as OC. But, we nevertheless hire him. We use this BS justification that it is so she can spend time turning JC into a Pro Bowl QB. Then when we FAIL--- FAIL FAIL FAIL---to find any competent head coach, we promote this guy to HC.

So now, we have as a HC someone who NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE was even looking at as an OC. He was NOT a hot commodity. This is not Tomlin or Garrett or any of the other hot young coaches. And the whole point of bringing him here--to develop JC--now won't occur because a HC can't spend his time working with a QB. They have to do a HC job.

The fact that people are talking this up makes me sick because I realize that Snyder can do anything he wants and y'all will eat it up.

We come up with this BS things like "he is young and hungry." Well, no, he is not young. And WTF is hungry? Someone tell me what that means. It sure sounds a lot like "Desperate because has no other options""

There was NO TEAM IN THIS LEAGUE that wanted this guy as an OC or HC. He is now given our team as HC after we failed to find anyone else.

If this doesn't cause y'all to protest Snyder, then nothing will. He is making a mockery out of our franchise and y'all get excited about it. It is as if he walked onto a stage, dropped his pants, and crapped right in front of us and some of y'all applaud it.

I'm sick to my stomach right now.

:applause:

Thank you. Could not agree more!

I don't hate him, but it worries me that he's not a coach or playcaller before. But, it is exciting to think about what a guy we don't know much about could do with his chance. Tough call either way.

I agree with you. It's a scary unknown but kinda exciting at the same time.

HC Zorn = Bungee jumping :D

Hell, I said ABF all along the way, so at least it isn't him!

The perception concerns me though. It makes Dan look like he ran out of viable options.

In other words, I couldn't vote ... can you put some other both sides of the fence kinda choice in there? :laugh:

While I don't think this is going to help our standing as the current laughing stock of the NFL and it furthers the debacle that has been our HC search... I think I like this. I'm excited about the unknown of it all. I think Zorn is going to have something to prove and is going to surprise a lot of people.

Think we can get Largent too? :)

I'm okay with the hire. At least he brings a freshness and hope. I just wish he was talked about as a candidate right from the start. The way this all went down at the very least this looks like Danny scrambled to hire Zorn once all his other options turned him down.

I hope Zorn makes him look like a genius because right now he looks like a buffoon.

Its a tough one for me. I dont dislike him like I do Fassil, but part of that is he has no past record. I like his potential, but im worried about playcalling. I think id be ok with it if the Redskins can get a good offensive mind to come in as OC. I thought we had one in Saunders but... whatever.

So now we need a legitimate OC to make this whole thing work.

Archived