Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This thread needs more bad puns...

Are you Zorny for the new coach? Or is this a Zorn in your side? Do you need to sleep on it and see how you feel in the Zorning?

Do you think the decision was based on the Zorn supremacy? Or was it the Zorn ultimatum from the fans' disapproval of Fassel?

Do you think this was a sexy Zornstar hiring?

What do you think his favorite food is? Zorn-on-the-cob? Zornbread? Zorn casserole?

Is he a Zorn-again Christian like Gibbs?

...I think I've Zorn out all the bad puns...

Fassel's people released his interview with the media in an effort to pressure the team to move quickly on bringing him in. He was playing PR hoping it would move the team his direction. He was wrong.

So I was right.

Fassel was a loose cannon on PR. I figured this was the bullet that would finally undermine his candidacy in the eyes of Snyder. Snyder's obsession with control of the media ultimately trumps his love of sycophants.

The truth hurts. Happy to do my part.

If he got Dan's juices flowing enough to make such an 'unsafe' pick, which he obviously did, then I'm happy as a pig in poo. Not because I trust the pick, only time will tell if he's the right individual. He is the right type of individual IMO. Hungry, talented at every position in football he has held so far (including playing, as a QB, in an increasingly QB friendly game...) and man is he gonna be juiced for this. Imagine how buzzed this guy must be to make his mark :)

I've had enough of safe for the time being. Safe is what takes you from the bottom to the middle. We've done that, now we need to move forward.

Best wishes Coach and well done.

Nobody has pointed out the obvious: "Zorn" is almost the opposite of "Norv" spelled backwards. So maybe the results will be the opposite of what Norv produced. :D

Seriously, can't wait to see how we do under the new guy. I'm on board.....just sucks that the season just ended and September seems so far off. :(

So I was right.

Fassel was a loose cannon on PR. I figured this was the bullet that would finally undermine his candidacy in the eyes of Snyder. Snyder's obsession with control of the media ultimately trumps his love of sycophants.

The truth hurts. Happy to do my part.

OK, ASF. What's next? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Ok, here's a consolidated place for you guys to vote on whether you like Zorn or hate him and TRY to keep things in a reasonable order for a few hours while the news filters through.

People who hate others without any clear cut reason are illogical beings who are merely taking up space and using up oxygen that could better be utilized by innocent, defenseless children.

I like the move. I don't know how it will pan out, but it is most definitely interesting. I am anxious to learn more about him and what he plans to bring to this Washington.

I voted yes, but only because it include the "it's interesting" part. I suppose only time will tell. I'm glad it's not Fassell or even Mooch. Still miss GW. Cowher would have been a rabbit in the hat IMO.

But Zorn may be great. It will be interesting to see what he does. Who the offensive coordinator will be. Only time will tell.

The poll should have had a 3rd option:

"Unsure" - comes out of left field; give me 48 hrs. to actually think about it."

Weve had 2 months to review every situation and every candidate. Im not saying knee jerk reactions are good but talking on it now should be easy, weve had time to cover all the bases.

I have a fair share of questions but will wait to ask them untill after and official press conference, as they may be answered there.

But everyone should be able to comment on the hiring process right now because as i have said, eve had the time.

OK, help me out here because I'm drawing a blank. Can ANYONE name a former NFL QB who became a successful HC?

Count me as one who found the end result just as strange as the enite search.

Mariucci was a QB, but not NFL, and he was successful ... in San Francisco :)

I agree with you. It's a scary unknown but kinda exciting at the same time.

HC Zorn = Bungee jumping :D

The perception concerns me though. It makes Dan look like he ran out of viable options.

lol nice analogy.

My perception for Dan not to have gone with a safe Mooch etc is that he must have dazzled in the OC interview. So much so that he outshone the other candidates enough to take a punt.

That is exciting. It may all end in tears but if it works I think it will work big. That is exciting.

Safe and predictable is what you do when you hire Coach Gibbs II to take you from rubbish to middle of the road. We've done that, now it's fun time :D

Did I say this is exciting? :silly:

Weve had 2 months to review every situation and every candidate. Im not saying knee jerk reactions are good but talking on it now should be easy, weve had time to cover all the bases.

I have a fair share of questions but will wait to ask them untill after and official press conference, as they may be answered there.

But everyone should be able to comment on the hiring process right now because as i have said, eve had the time.

Maybe you took the time to think through the implications of Jim Zorn as HC and what it means going forward. If so, congrats. I did not. So I'll take my time and think it through thanks.

Archived