Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I do not believe the FO has shown good judgment on this matter up to this point.

But I am a Redskin fan and am now a Zorn fan. I will look for any scrap to be positive about - comparisons to Andy Reid, that a HC should pick his coordinators (and now we are 1/2 right on that), that the instability is over, that there are low expectations,

My main concern about him before was that he clearly had the keys to the kingdom to run the offense and that could easily have been a clusterf&@* if he differed from the HC in anyway and that isn’t a worry now

If Zorn ended up being the most impressive candidate after the process was completed then I'm good with the choice.

Fassel would have been an expedient hire considering the circumstances. Whether or not "fan outrage" caused a rethinking of his hire is speculation but Snyder did say on the outset that he was committed to the full process so it’s doubtful that Fassel would have been announced any earlier.

I tend to align with Art in thinking that no one was offered the position. The reason for the lack of offerings is again speculative. I do not buy the “he was a fall back hire because no one wanted the job” stuff at all. They still had Fassel, Mooch and Meeks as possible hires and I am still a bit mystified that Grimm was not in the mix.

If Zorn can coach ‘em up like he played then I’ll be more than happy. I believe he will bring the zeal, people skills, and football smarts needed to succeed if he is fully supported by the organization, players and fans.

I just hope he can “bring it” to the NFCE.

So I was right.

Fassel was a loose cannon on PR. I figured this was the bullet that would finally undermine his candidacy in the eyes of Snyder. Snyder's obsession with control of the media ultimately trumps his love of sycophants.

The truth hurts. Happy to do my part.

I think we should show Fassel our thanks and mail him a nice fruit basket with a card reading "HA HA"

Zorn may not have lead a team meeting or have HC experience but he's been around if for years. He should know a thing or two. Plus, he's hungry. A focus will be put on current and future QB's which is what we need.

And as a QB he knows he needs an OL to give his QB time and a DL to deny the opposition QB the same. Hopefully :D

I like lines ;)

All Hail Zorn the Merciless :notworthy

I'd rather have an unproven entity than a proven mediocre entity. Nevertheless, the process has been exasperating to the fans.

From the information that has been given to us from the organization (little to none), we can only make assumptions as to what really went down in the selection process. So, I'm o.k. with the result, but I can't say I have no problem with how we got there.

I think its a very good move on Snyder's part and give Dan credit for not looking from outside the organization. :nana:

I have renewed my commitment to the Skins in hopes that this move will prove worth it.

I actually think that this offense will do well running the WCO.

The poll should have had a 3rd option:

"Unsure" - comes out of left field; give me 48 hrs. to actually think about it."

Add Definitely intriguing though to that & I think that may be where I'm at with it right now.

While I do respect the fact that it's not a retread. It is a huge risk to hire Zorn who has never called a play. This move was one of desperation. Snyder hired him as the OC of this team. If Snyder was that impressed with Zorn from the beginning than he should have hired him as a HC. Zorn doesn't make me Zorny nor angry. Just skeptical. :helmet:

It will be interesting to see how Zorn's new offense coalesces with how Joe Bugel trains his OL. Techniques and skills for the OL in the WCO are different than what has been emphasized here in the past with the 'power' run game and play action passing attack.

If Zorn ended up being the most impressive candidate after the process was completed then I'm good with the choice.

Fassel would have been an expedient hire considering the circumstances. Whether or not "fan outrage" caused a rethinking of his hire is speculation but Snyder did say on the outset that he was committed to the full process so it’s doubtful that Fassel would have been announced any earlier.

I tend to align with Art in thinking that no one was offered the position. The reason for the lack of offerings is again speculative. I do not buy the “he was a fall back hire because no one wanted the job” stuff at all. They still had Fassel, Mooch and Meeks as possible hires and I am still a bit mystified that Grimm was not in the mix.

If Zorn can coach ‘em up like he played then I’ll be more than happy. I believe he will bring the zeal, people skills, and football smarts needed to succeed if he is fully supported by the organization, players and fans.

I just hope he can “bring it” to the NFCE.

:applause: Good post... :cheers:

I think I messed up and posted this in another thread, so to put it in the right thread...

I love this move. Thrilled with it. "Head coaching experience" is the most overrated attribute to look for in a head coach.

Tell me what these coaches all have in common:

Vince Lombardi

Joe Gibbs

Bill Parcells

Bill Cowher

Chuck Knoll

Bill Walsh

All are HOF or potential HOF coaches who had NO prior NFL head coaching experience when they established their legend as head coaches. None of them established his legend after having "head coaching experience" elsewhere first.

This hire is a bold, forward-thinking move. I love it. Zorn is an innovator. He'll be OUR coach, not someone else's garbage. Let's get to work. GO SKINS!

This poll demonstrates that redemption can be had like the phoenix from the fire. I would like to know what the poll results would be for Gregg Williams vs. Zorn, but why reopen old wounds? Cheers to the Redskins gang in charge. We will keep the knives sharp but in the drawer for now.

While I do respect the fact that it's not a retread. It is a huge risk to hire Zorn who has never called a play. This move was one of desperation. Snyder hired him as the OC of this team. If Snyder was that impressed with Zorn from the beginning than he should have hired him as a HC. Zorn doesn't make me Zorny nor angry. Just skeptical. :helmet:

Snyder said last week that the coordinators weren't hired in advance as much as they were "retained" (his word)...That speaks volumes in my opinion.

I don't think Zorn was a "desperation" move at ALL...seems like it was the plan all along, actually. The FO retained the man they felt was the front runner for HC while they finished their interviews.

I've said before on here frequently, I like everything about Zorn. Followed his career sicne he became a Seahawk. He's a great person, excellent QB coach, knows D's, very smart, and I am actually excited and like this move. Way to go!
your right , it's a good gamble ..:point2sky

This is no crazier than when I went 18-1 just like the Pats in 2014, fired my whole staff, and named Brad Johnson HC for peanuts in Madden along with two coordinators with no prior experience.

Anyway, we had two choices: Hire a retread no one wants or take a gamble on somemone out of the blue. Either way has about the same chance to work.

Archived