Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Beavis and Butthead are taking a big risk with Zorn. He has no NFL coordinator experience. It was fine to give him a coordinator position after being a QB coach for a long time, but to make him HC for an unfamiliar team is a big leap. I think a lot of coaches got insulted by this move. We will soon see if he is ready.

Where's the sitting on the fence choice? I'm not sure about it...I don't want to think it's a sucky choice...but I don't think I'm overly joyous about it either. I do feel good about the fact that he's had success in Seattle and that he'll bring a fresh perspective since he's not head coached before. But how much of a curve do we allow him? How long until we call for his head on a platter if we end up at the bottom? 1 yr? 2 yrs? 3? I need answers to these question so I will know when it's appropriate to flame him.

Of course if we win the SuperBowl then we'll all be happy like the NYG fans who just a few short months ago wanted Eli and Tom C. ran out of NY and now they're at the parade saying how much they love Eli and Tom C. Winning cures everything:cool: .

I'm hoping he'll do well b/c I don't want to go thru this again anytime soon. I welcome him and hope for the best. But I'm not sure I would say I am Zorny yet..:laugh:

Goddamn we are bunch of blind suckers. We'll eat any plate of feces Snyder sets in front of this.

At the beginning of this mess, Zorn was on NO ONE's radar for OC. NO ONE was talking about him even as a hot prospect as OC. But, we nevertheless hire him. We use this BS justification that it is so she can spend time turning JC into a Pro Bowl QB. Then when we FAIL--- FAIL FAIL FAIL---to find any competent head coach, we promote this guy to HC.

So now, we have as a HC someone who NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE was even looking at as an OC. He was NOT a hot commodity. This is not Tomlin or Garrett or any of the other hot young coaches. And the whole point of bringing him here--to develop JC--now won't occur because a HC can't spend his time working with a QB. They have to do a HC job.

There was NO TEAM IN THIS LEAGUE that wanted this guy as an OC or HC. He is now given our team as HC after we failed to find anyone else.

The Redskins were the only team interested in Gibbs as a HC before being hired in his first tenure..Why do the Skins HAVE to have a coach that is sought after by other teams in order to succeed?Give him a chance!!

This has boom or bust written all over it.

I personally think this will work.

on the outside looking in, it looks like a dumb move, but who knows. i personally believe that if gibbs williams,and saunders couldnt get it done, then they really are in trouble now, zorn is a likable guy and will give it all he has. that however does not make him a sean peyton or garrett, who were proven offensive co-ordinators be fore given the reigns. however this also doesnt make him an automatic failure, snyder is a dunce and it doesnt matter what the fans or opponents think, therefore the redskin fans have no choice but to assume the best, and keep throwing the bucks in dannys pocket. and hope for the best. while the opponents just shake their head.

I don't remember any other team interested in Gibbs but the Redskins before his first tenure..Why do the Redskins HAVE to have a coach with NFL head coaching experience in order to succeed?Give him a chance!!

You remember what teams wanted what coach before 1981? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

on the outside looking in, it looks like a dumb move, but who knows. i personally believe that if gibbs williams,and saunders couldnt get it done, then they really are in trouble now, zorn is a likable guy and will give it all he has. that however does not make him a sean peyton or garrett, who were proven offensive co-ordinators be fore given the reigns. however this also doesnt make him an automatic failure, snyder is a dunce and it doesnt matter what the fans or opponents think, therefore the redskin fans have no choice but to assume the best, and keep throwing the bucks in dannys pocket. and hope for the best. while the opponents just shake their head.

could be...but the dunce's team has managed to beat the Boys!

I find it interesting that Snyder took his time and got someone who was offensively minded, comes from a good pedigree, follows in someone like Andy Reid's footsteps (QB coach with no coordinator experience even), has NFL starting QB experience, has Gibbs' seal of approval and yet is getting lambasted by some with not one seconds chance to show anything.

Y'all haven't even seen the press conference and are declaring it a bad choice.

Wow.

I think it is an interesting choice, better than someone like Fassel who I think was a whiny loser, and if he ends up with his own tweaks to the WCO we might see one heck of an improvement.

Certainly we should see an improvement in things like hot reads and not holding on to the ball so long by Campbell... I can't wait to see CP running with the zone blocking that the WCO usually runs - like he had in Denver when he was rushing for so much yardage.

Certainly we could have hired someone with a roller coaster record like Fassel, we could have hired a defensive coordinator with an attitude and a losing record as a head coach - but they did a good job searching (50 candidates reviewed - 10 interviewed... if they had just gone and gotten a person off the cuff everyone would have skewered them just as bad) and came up with what not only looks like an interesting option but quite possibly a logical and good choice.

I wish the haters would go ahead and identify themselves in their siggys so we knew their bias - or they could go hang out with Sally "I don't know football" Jenkins and talk about getting rid of an owner who has made mistakes but has certainly spent his own money to try to win and got 3 playoff berths compared to how many in the 90's under JKC's son?

Keep giving up your seats folks - the winning ways will come back and I'll be sitting where you want to be :)

I think the poll is confusing because the answers don't match the poll question.

I propose the poll be closed and re-done.

You like the move, or are not feeling it's bad.

You don't like the move, or are not feeling it's good.

If you're confused, I recommend you close your browser and read a book.

At this point, nothing surprises me from this Redskin front office. All I can say now, is I hope they are lucky, because they certainly are not good.

Let me get this right. We got rid of Saunders so we could promote Zorn to OC? Then on the basis of Zorn's great performance as Redskins OC we promote him to HC??

Heck, Zorn wasn't even slated for HC for Seattle after Holmgren retires. But he's ready for the Redskins HC slot? So what does Seattle know that we don't? ...Maybe the fact that Zorn's never coached a full team, or even half of a team before?

Well, on the basis of this great Snyder/Cerrato 'logic' -- maybe we should start looking at the various Strength Training Managers to be our OC.

This seems like the classic definition of a "reach." While I think Jim Zorn was a great QB for Seattle and probably an intelligent guy, it makes me angry to think that the FO's reaching for him was the best they could do to obtain a worthy successor to Joe Gibbs and carry on the progress Joe made with the team.

In a few weeks, Vinny and Co. have seemed to have undone much of what Gibbs took so long to get in place. Congrats to Gibbs on making the best public face of what has to have been a very difficult couple of months.

Let's face it, as long as Vinny is around we can expect more of this kind of decision-making. Snyder needs a GM, not the _____________ (fill in your choice words) role that Vinny performs.

I'll more impressed when Snyder wakes up and fires Vinny. In my opinion, Cerrato represented the best example argument AGAINST continuity -- and we wound up promoting him????

As I said, nothing surprises me anymore from this Redskin front office.

You remember what teams wanted what coach before 1981? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No I was a little too young but members of my Family do. I have seen footage about the hiring of Gibbs at one time or another. I think most fans know that Gibbs was a relative unknown before being hired by the Skins the first time around.

After sleeping on it, I'm a little worried about the move. I was excited to see Zorn implement his own version of the WCO, and to see what kind of Garret-like (hopefully) results he could obtain. With all the additional duties of a HC, I just don't know if he's going to have the time and focus necessary to really make his offense shine.

We should have followed in Dallas' footsteps, and hired Fassell. They hired Wade Phillips, who is a lame-duck coach and everyone knows it. He's taking care of the boring HC stuff while Garrett is primed for the job.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and Zorn handles it like a champ, but I just don't know. I foresee Zorn year 1 going a little rough.

I'm good with. Didn't like the process. Boy, I'd hate to be Fassell. Twice a bridesmaid, never a bride!!!

My main concern is how our current crop of offensive players will fit with Zorn. Be interesting to see how Zorn approaches Chris Cooley and integrates him into the West Coast offense.

A guy hungrey to prove he can do it ... a semi west coast offense which hopefully doesnt translate into we get a lead then play eat the clock .... i hope for high scoring games cause it is much more exciting to see the points roll up, even in a loss

I hope we jettison some of our old, high priced, guys and get some young players with potential for a decade of superior performance.

After sleeping on it, I'm a little worried about the move. I was excited to see Zorn implement his own version of the WCO, and to see what kind of Garret-like (hopefully) results he could obtain. With all the additional duties of a HC, I just don't know if he's going to have the time and focus necessary to really make his offense shine.

We should have followed in Dallas' footsteps, and hired Fassell. They hired Wade Phillips, who is a lame-duck coach and everyone knows it. He's taking care of the boring HC stuff while Garrett is primed for the job.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and Zorn handles it like a champ, but I just don't know. I foresee Zorn year 1 going a little rough.

Good post. And it's even harder to foresee Zorn year 2, because the way this front office is -- there might not be a year 2.

I kind of like the hire, young aggressive new approach is worth a try. All kinds of arguments about him never calling plays, (in pros, I believe he did some at the college level) but he did play pro QB at a pretty good level, unlike spurrior who sucked at the pro level as a QB.

Not saying it will be a success, but I like the change of pace, I don't think it was a desperation move like some have suggested, I think hiring Fassel, or Mariucci would have been a more of a desperation move, I think this one is ballsy one, but not desperate! :2cents:

Archived