Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok, here's a consolidated place for you guys to vote on whether you like Zorn or hate him and TRY to keep things in a reasonable order for a few hours while the news filters through. We know some will make mistakes and post repeat info, but, try, as you can, to let us know here what you think. Think of it this way, the team and media who read this board will thank you for knowing what you think in ONE place.

I love it! Rather than being depressed at having to listen/look at Fassel (no matter how good a coach he is) I'm excited about a fresh face, quality guy. If any of you Snyder haters have any evidence that someone else has been offered the job, let me know. The degree of negativity I've seen lately makes me think we've turned into Giants or Eagles fans. Love the team.

This can't hurt us.... who was our other options??? Fossil? Mooch? I know we were all hoping for GW but I think a new start with a green coach cannot hurt us in the least... Look at the last guy that came from the Holmgrem camp... This may just be the biggest blessing in disguise...

We could always bring back Spurrier........ NOOOOOOOOOO

I like the move. IMO, unlike what many are saying, I don't think that it was a move of desperation. Hiring a "name" coach like Fassell or Mooch would have been. This is obviously a thought out move. Only time will tell whether or not it is a WELL thought out move.

If the choice had been Fassel the Redskins would have been bashed in the media for a lack of creativity and merely going with the most visible retread from their last coaching search in 2004 :)

Again, we saw Giants players quit on Fassel in 2003. No matter the record or adversity in a given season you don't see players quit on coaches like Gibbs, Parcells, Walsh, etc.

Fassel was a mediocre coach who had not garnered an interview in 2 years.

Hello Jim Zorn :)

To me, skeptical would be the best word to describe me after this move.

He's proven he's a good QB coach in Seattle, but not much experience as HC or even OC. Plus, he really has to sell himself to the players.

On the bright side, the offense he brings in could have a lot of potential, and could eventually make Jason a great QB. And in case he's not completely ready to be a HC, he has a very experienced staff behind him.

I'm thinking though, that Snyder may have hired Zorn to be a "yes man" coach of his. Because of his inexperience, it'll be easier for Danny to boss him around. I hope I'm wrong though, and Danny really saw something in him that made him the best pick.

Good move. How good of a move we shall see. Like when we signed Gibbs, a little know coordinator out of SD. I believe he was Snyder's Ace in the hole in the event no one else stood out in the interviews. I have never believed that Spags was a serious contender for this Job but he was on the list and I think Snyder was absolutely set that they would complete the process. And that is why Spags left washington without being offered the job. I do believe Fassel was close but I aslo don't think our oppinion ways to heavily in how a Billion dollor franchise is run. Last time I checked none of us has NFL front office expirience. I for one am behind this move 100%. You will also not see any posts from me second guessing this decision if it does not pan out.

Good Luck Coach Zorn and welcome to Washington!

Caveats: A) This is a long post

B) I'm not a homer

Throughout the Jim Zorn hiring discussion, a few very common perennial sentiments have (re)surfaced.

1) Snyder is an incompetent owner - as further evidenced by the hiring of Jim Zorn.

2) Should Zorn implement a new offensive system (i.e. WCO,) the Redskins will not have offensive success.

My responses:

1) Snyder justifiably earned his reputation as an incompetent owner. However, that does not mean that the Jim Zorn hiring is a mistake. Unlike some of the bad coaching hires of the past (see Spurrier,) this time Snyder had Joe Gibbs to advice him. Therefore there is the possibility (and I'm willing to wait and see) that this hiring is a good move. I will say that this hiring doesn't have Snyder's typical fingerprints on it - it's not hasty, nor sexy. Sure, Snyder could've done a better job of PR, but I'm more concerned with wins and losses.

2) There seems to be an overestimation of the importance of schemes. As far as I'm concerned, there are two aspects to a team being successful:

a) Having players with realizable potential - in other words the ability to be good given the right circumstances. Some players do not have realizable potential (i.e. Taylor Jacobs.) It's up to the personnel department to secure a team full of players with realizable potential. Playing devil's advocate on the Cerrato promotion - in my corporate experience, the higher up people are promoted, the more they become figureheads having little impact on day-to-day happenings. My hope is that Cerrato has finally been promoted high enough to not impact personnel decisions.

B) Having a coach who can help players realize their potential regardless of the scheme. In his capacity as QB coach, Zorn helped Hasselbeck realize his potential. Hopefully as head coach of the Redskins Zorn can help the whole team realize its potential.

2)

im excited about this.. im a "til death" redskins fan and can't wait til this unfolds.. im tired of this "we're a running team" and all this holding on to the past.. this is a new NFL and i think this move was a good one.. all i hear is positive things about ZORN.. the past month has been rough.. al lthe speculations about who was the front runner were completely blown out of proportion.. im not a SNYDER basher.. we should embrace our owner and team and move on.. WE NEED A NEW IDENTITY!! HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

What the **** is going on with the Skins???

They take this long...and all they do is promote the QB coach to Head Coach.

Looks like they ran out fo options to me. This whole thing has been a disaster.

SON OF BITHC!!!

andy reid was a qb coach as well

hmm

and so was gruden

hmmm

qb coach is a fansy word for asst O cordinator

I love the fact that they hired Zorn..amazing how some people seem to know whats best for the Redskins and judge before the season is even close to starting. I don't know how many threads I read where people bash Zorn. I guess maybe they (think) they know better than the owners/executives who to pick..what was Snyder thinking, all he had to do was ask the fans who to pick cause some seem to know best. Come on guys (and girls) let's give him a chance.

I'll bet of he takes us to the playoffs everyone, including those who bashed him will have a change of tune and say "I knew he was the right choice!" If unfortunately he doesnt take us to the playoffs/superbowl - look out for the fortune tellers who will say "I knew he'd blow it!"

Quite your wining!! Gibbs; when they hired him his wasn't hot prospect. Jim Zorn is the coach they gave Seattle a decent QB. Mind you, they have spanked our A----!!! in the Playoffs twice. What can we really learn from Jim Zorn. Its a new day in Washington.

Personally, I thought it was a good choice. What better way to revamp a stagnant Offense with a HC who actually has played NFL football and played it well on a Sorry team!! Jim Zorn was the Seattle Seahawks. He was the only one you feared other than Largent!

Stop moaning and complaining!! Get on board and support our troops in Washington. :applause: :point2sky :thumbsup:

couldnt of said it better!!:cheers:

Some people are just not "happy" unless they're complaining. Back up plan or

not it's a good move. Most would say that because he isn't proven yet. Man,

go somewhere else with that lodgic. You guys amaze me. If I didn't know any

better, I would actually think that YOU could run this team. I guess all we really

had to do was name Mooch as HC and some of you would be salivating over

that. No one knows what is going to happen. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Dan has the

millions and makes the decisions like it or not. Personally, I think it's a great

move. Let's go SKINS!!!

Weird, this whole thing is just weird. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about Zorn, but that may be more relief that it's not Fassel or Mooch, than it is excitement for Zorn. Either way I'm lookin' forward to next season, we have a virgin HC, which I wanted. He's not Russ Grimm but he'll do. I'm relieved, excited, confused, and happy all at the same time. Also, I told you that Mr. Snyder was going to surprise us all and he certainly did that.

Hail Snyder, Hail Blache, Hail Zorn, and Hail to the Redskins!

Archived