Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The problem with Zorn is that he has never been a coach. He was a quarter back coach. He is more mainly for offence, so get ready for a whole season on Jason Campbell and Santana Moss because those are the two that he is working with the most. Those two players right there are high aspects of our offence. If Campbell was more consistant on hitting Moss with the ball then you would see a whole lot more yards being gained by the Redskins. Zorn also stated that he is bringing a West Coast Offence to the team which means you will see the ball being thrown more often rather than having Portis run the ball. So expect to see a lot of downtime from Portis.

I do think that the Redskins need to drop their East Coast offence because it has not been working. Teams like the 49ers even scored more points than us during some of their games. Mainly because they have a West Coast Offence. A lot of their recievers are more consistant than Moss which is why you see that the scores are so high even for a team that may not be all that great. There was one game this season where the 49ers scored something like 40 points. Im not sure if they won that game but the stacked some points. The Redskins on the other hand cant due that for some reason. They have the potential to due it but with an East Coast offence they relied more on Portis, which is why our games are so slow.

Its amazing when you see Jason Campbell throw the ball to Moss and Moss actually catches it for a change and runs for about 20 yards. It really gets you into the game because your thinking that the Skins are going to turn up the heat for a touch down. Then Joe Gibbs tries to slow the paste down and sticks the ball to Portis right up the middle and it does not work. It kind of makes you go cold when your watching the game because the last play they got a lot of yards and then they stick the ball to Portis for only 3 yards let alone if he gets any.

Zorn is hear to change that. West Coast football games are always more action packed than East Coast football games which is why I always enjoy seeing teams like the 49ers,Oakland Raiders, and The Sandiego Chargers play. They throw the ball so deep and their recievers catch it and everyone in the sports bar goes wild. Hopefully Zorn cant put that type of motivation on our team and get them to throw the ball deep for a hail mairy and complete the pass in the inzone.

Some people will take the criticism and use it as inspiration....he has a charismatic side..i see him getting the most from his players as he is a players coach

I dont think Zorn cares what fans and the media are saying about him. He may surprise all of us and get us to the play offs without having to fight for the wild card. He seems pretty confident about coaching and is getting to know the players a whole lot more. His goal right now is to get in their and learn their weaknesses so that they can improve on them for Spring Training. He seems to know where and what people on the team should be doing and how much impact they are making during a game. For example, if Portis isn't getting much on yards then sit his butt down and focus on Campbell, Moss, and Betts. He is the opposite of Joe Gibbs. If there is a weakness on the team that is holding us back, in this case Portis in some games, then they need to take a rest and a new method needs to be thought up.

And dont get me wrong I love Portis, let alone I have his jersey but there were some games where his running games were not all that hot. And Gibbs still stick with him which caused a major hold up in progress. For example, he would run Portis pratically 78% of the game and towards the end of the third quarter, beginning of the 4th quarter he would switch to the West Coast Offence and have Campbell throw the ball more. But by that time its too late and the Skins have already lost the game.

Zorn will be different. Most of our ball playing will be throwing from hear on out.

chad johnson to the redskins for a 1st round pick?dallas_sucks.gif

Yea Chad Johnson would be a good pick for the Redskins. We need someone like him. Chad has a name, skill, and experience. He would due well with our team. We are slowly rebuilding and he could be apart of this reconstruction, basically giving him a fresh start.

To all those thinking this is a great hire. Why weren't you calling for Zorn to be head coach when he was named OC? Zorn was not on anyones radar as far as being named head coach, so how can this even be considered a fair hire let alone a great one?

He was not on anybody's radar to be an OC except the Redskins.

How about a nice big cup of STFU! Are you serious - I am very pleased with Zorn as opposed to Fossil. It may be a bust but I'm willing to take this ride. If nothing else Zorn will develop Cambpell which is huge. Not to mention we have retained a majority of the coaching staff so we shouldn't suffer on the defensive end. I say - godd bless and go get em ZORN!

When Saunders came, didn't you guys also say he would develop Campbell? Zorn is NOT a QB coach any longer. The difference in that is when he was the QB coach in Seattle, his sole focus was the development of Hasselback and the backups, but mainly Hasselback. He had no other responsibility but THAT.

As the OC he would have had less input and time to develop Campbell because he would be in control of ALL facets of the offense. And now that he's HC, he's going to have even LESS time to devote to developing Campbell.

The problem with Zorn is that he has never been a coach. He was a quarter back coach. He is more mainly for offence, so get ready for a whole season on Jason Campbell and Santana Moss because those are the two that he is working with the most. Those two players right there are high aspects of our offence. If Campbell was more consistant on hitting Moss with the ball then you would see a whole lot more yards being gained by the Redskins. Zorn also stated that he is bringing a West Coast Offence to the team which means you will see the ball being thrown more often rather than having Portis run the ball. So expect to see a lot of downtime from Portis.

I do think that the Redskins need to drop their East Coast offence because it has not been working. Teams like the 49ers even scored more points than us during some of their games. Mainly because they have a West Coast Offence. A lot of their recievers are more consistant than Moss which is why you see that the scores are so high even for a team that may not be all that great. There was one game this season where the 49ers scored something like 40 points. Im not sure if they won that game but the stacked some points. The Redskins on the other hand cant due that for some reason. They have the potential to due it but with an East Coast offence they relied more on Portis, which is why our games are so slow.

Its amazing when you see Jason Campbell throw the ball to Moss and Moss actually catches it for a change and runs for about 20 yards. It really gets you into the game because your thinking that the Skins are going to turn up the heat for a touch down. Then Joe Gibbs tries to slow the paste down and sticks the ball to Portis right up the middle and it does not work. It kind of makes you go cold when your watching the game because the last play they got a lot of yards and then they stick the ball to Portis for only 3 yards let alone if he gets any.

Zorn is hear to change that. West Coast football games are always more action packed than East Coast football games which is why I always enjoy seeing teams like the 49ers,Oakland Raiders, and The Sandiego Chargers play. They throw the ball so deep and their recievers catch it and everyone in the sports bar goes wild. Hopefully Zorn cant put that type of motivation on our team and get them to throw the ball deep for a hail mairy and complete the pass in the inzone.

You are aware that when Campbell throws the ball more than 30 times, the Redskins are 0-10. Is that what you guys want?

West Coast Offence is going to due the trick. Even though Zorn is a head coach, he is going to develop Campbell a lot. Campbell is our future quarterback. All he needs is consistantcy. He has made good plays and he can throw the ball all the way down field but he needs to due it all the time, not just sometimes. Now you see the difference between him and Collins. Collins has more experience and Campbell is still young. Another problem is that Dan Snyder pays out too much money. For years that has been said for the reason for the team not playing like they should. Other teams that are getting paid less peform better than the Redskins.

Why Dan Snyder hands out so much money I dont know, but it is a factor of the team playing so louzy at times. It wouldn't hurt to make them play for their money. The way the Skins have it is so they make the top dollar as soon as they hit opening game. And dont get me wrong I like money a lot but it doesn't hurt working for it at times rather than a flashy owner handing it out as if it were rice.

Another thing with Zorn that would work is if he did that Joe Gibbs vs Dallas method and dont call any hudles. It keeps the team on their feet and it prevents the other teams defence from setting up a good blitzing pick. This way it leave Jason Campbell open to scramble for a first down and move us closer to the inzone or atleast give us good field goal position just incase our attempts to throw a touch down dont make it.

Joe Gibbs on the other hand was different. Sometims I wounder if he puroposely let the other team win. Because there were numerous games that we were winning and Gibbs slowed down the ball game practically giving our opponents chances to catch up and beat us. Sometimes I wounder if he really makes mistakes or if its purposely done to hand us another loss. The only reason for someone to due that would be money and he could use that money to help is racing team.

But atleat now we have a coach. It will benefit in the long run because we play Seattle this comming season. Im taking it that Zorn will know a lot of their plays making it easier for us to win. There should be no reason for us to loose that game.

When Zorn was hired,:dallasuck I got a little riled up. Something about being one of the most bone headed moves in the last decade, but then I realized that nothing could be as bad as when Spurrier got the coaching job a few years ago. After that I was pretty much OK with it.

HAIL SKINS!!!!!!!!:cheers:

21 FOREVER!!!!!!:notworthy

Zorn in our future. I think next season will be the Redskins year. We may not make it to the SuperBowl, but we will surely dominate in the regular season if Zorn is as good as he says he is. Again, all I know is what we have a fun schedule.

(Away) Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, 49ers, SeaHawks, Lions, Bengals, and Ravens.

(Home) Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Cardinals, Rams, Saints, Browns and Steelers.

Some of those teams are easy and some of those teams are hard. Our devision games are the ones we always struggle with. Zorn should help us to punish Seattle because he knows their plays and offence. Baltimore does not have a good offence so they should be easy to crush. We will loose to Dallas atleast once and we will loose to the Steelers. We may beat the Giants depending on how ****y Manning gets. Philly may be hard for us.

But other than that, its a wrap. Zorn is confident, so I am confident.

Archived