Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This has boom or bust written all over it.

I personally think this will work.

You mean you personally hope this will work. Although I voted yes, it's because Snyder didn't hire Fossil(sp?). Other than that, this whole thing has been an exercise in how not to hire coaches.

We are the laughingstock of the league...again!!!!!!!

I'm very excited about this the more and more I read up on him. The best of all it seems a good majority of everyone(fans) are just as excited. Looking forward to a new offense, with the players we have there should be some excitement. I just hope the defense stays as strong as it was this past year. Let's get ready and do this.

:logo:

This poll is broke'd. There isn't a choice for "No Opinion." Now usually, I think people who choose "No opinion" in a poll are Losers who really are wasting oxygen and need to be put down like a morbidly sick animal, but in this case I think it is needed. Reason? Because there simply ins't enough info on TheZorn to formulate an opinion. I think the Seattle offense has done well under him, but we also know he wasn't the OC there.

I am not opposed to Zorn as O.C. I just don't know enough about him to formulate a reasonable opinion about Zorn as H.C. That said, I am not opposed entirely to the idea. I thought Mooch would be the next logical choice, but almost ANYONE is better than Dweezil! Let's give Zorn a one/two year try. If he's "a young Joe Gibbs," then Dan will be the genius. If he's not, then we will have wasted a year or two until a more appropriate choice is available.

Still .. I am not willing to vote either way.

me so Zorny, me love team long time.

LOL! Oh God that was funny!

I'm all for it! I wanted someone with something to prove and that's what we've got. OK so he doesn't have head coach or OC experience but the dude knows how to call a game. He was a QB which means he's a leader and he obviously did a good job with Handlessacks in Seattle! I think Zorn will be a great coach for the Skins!

After re-reading the options, I am going to punch the chad for "okay with it." Yes, I might be a little slow, but then again it doesn't make me "Zorny" either. I actually think this MIGHT :fingersx: work out well. As I said: at least it isn't Dweezil! I just don't know much about the guy except for two things: (1) Matt Hasselblah claims he's a better QB because of Zorn, and (2) Zorn was a pretty okay QB for Seattle back in the 70s.

The same kind of "Who is this guy" was being mumbled when The Squire hired an all-but-unknown Joe Gibbs back in the 80s.

Let's roll the dice.

So why the wait? the hiring of zorn was compleated way before the superbowl. call me crass but did snider approach the NYGiants or NewEngland coaches and they said NO as we already overhauled the coaching staff? That said, i hope Zorn can turn around the fortunes as im loosing patience with snider... HAIL TO THE SKINS!

i like the move, he's hungry and i think he's capable.this was an outside the box move. i've always liked him.his passion will enfuse this team.now if they can add some key ingredients (free agents& draft picks) and zorn and the staff can make them a team we can make some real noise next year.alot of if's i know.

I think his experience will help him just as much as any of the other young and up and coming coaches. He has been in the league long. Played in the league and been under the Holgrom tree, which has not been a bad thing. Look at Andy Ried, he went from QB Coach to Head coach. It will be a wait and see, but I have to say Snyder was very detailed in his search, and at least we got Zorn before anyone else did, since every canidit mentioned him.

Ok, here's a consolidated place for you guys to vote on whether you like Zorn or hate him and TRY to keep things in a reasonable order for a few hours while the news filters through. We know some will make mistakes and post repeat info, but, try, as you can, to let us know here what you think. Think of it this way, the team and media who read this board will thank you for knowing what you think in ONE place.

Isn't there some reason that Zorn was just a position coach in Seattle for SEVEN years, never making it to even the offensive coordinator position there or someplace else? If he is such a talented coach, why didn't any other team hire him to run their offense in the last few years?

Same reason Snyder chased Mariucci and Fassel (no head coaching jobs for five years and out of football coaching entirely since Oct. 2006) - Snyder doesn't have a clue what's he's doing. Nine years. an overall losing record, three seasons above .500 (and just barely), two playoff wins total.

Regardless, I'll support Zorn with all I got. I would have had a hard time doing that for Fassel, though I no doubt would have continued supporting the Skins players, which will never stop for me.

For me, I'm torn between no and yes. I have no strong feelings. I don't hate him, but it worries me that he's not a coach or playcaller before. But, it is exciting to think about what a guy we don't know much about could do with his chance. Tough call either way.

:notworthy

I agree 100%. I have heard nothing but great things about the man but come on people this is the Washington Redskins we are talking about! Since when were we the AAA or Busch Cup where the untested came to give it a shot?? Coaching is not all about personality, glad he and Mr. Snyder hit it off, don't see how that qualifies a QB coach for a HC gig?

Hope we go 19-0 and I look like an idiot! nothing to do now but hope for the best!

:point2sky

I wish I could be as optimistic as you guys are about the hiring, but I just can't bring myself to it. I've never trusted Synder and Vinny's eye for a coach or talent. There's really no evidence to make me believe this is the right choice. Zorn has zero head coaching experience, Jason is going to have to learn another offense, the players and coaching staff are probably confused as hell, and the engineer of our stellar defense is gone. I foresee a losing season, but I pray that I am wrong.

The only thing that remains is who will be the O-Coordinator. The impression I'm getting is that JZ passes all of the character tests. The experience can come from the staff and the staff now needs an OC. It seems to me that Joe Bugel can be a huge help to JZ.

Zorny is just a fun word... I voted for that. ;)

A lot or pessimistic views out there, yet 80% voted "Zorny" over "Angry".

Time will tell with JZ. I'm looking forward to seeing what the man has to bring to the table. We won't get to see that product until September though. A lot will happen between now and then.

Archived