Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The poll should have had a 3rd option:

"Unsure" - comes out of left field; give me 48 hrs. to actually think about it."

That I would agree with.

With news of the contract length and what we are hearing from the Northwest I am getting excited now.

If everyone was right that Fossil never had a chance then this move is better.

Now what will be intersting is who is the OC??

I guess it's time to unban that guy that posted "Jim Zorn will be the new head coach" about 4 hours ago when we still were in the dark.

I was the one who told the guy he should be banned when I saw the thread title. :doh: I guess I couldn't take anymore speculation...but now I can't find the original post to apologize. :notworthy

I have no clue how Zorny will do do! I view this season as a tryout and a short term hire unless he actually wows us in 2008. If he takes us the playoffs, then we could have a long term relationship with Zorny. If The Zorn completely sucks; he will be fired and Snyder will go after every big name in 09 and Snyder may give them complete control if he has to.

One thing, think of all the nicknames we can come up with!

I know one thing, I am glad we have a veteran coaching staff here!

you've been around long enough to know better ;)

dude wasn't abnned. that's just es eubonics for "he had his redundant thread closed"

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaah

now that is funny

Jumbo, I did not know that Any Reid was of a similar mold. Love the quote by Matt H about Zorn.

When is the first mini camp lets start the Zorn-coast offense :cheers: :point2sky :point2sky

'Fallback' candidate or not, Zorn is as qualified if not more so for the job than Spagnuolo would have been and the Redskins' offense in 2007 was a unit that desperately needed a new concept to get the most out of the talent that was here, because it clearly held the team back at times.

Zorn has never been a HC before. But he joins the ranks of Harbaugh and Smith this offseason as assistants that moved on to top jobs elsewhere.

In a year where there was no 'wow' hire to make, I think it is a better decision ultimately to go with a fresh face rather than dig back into the well for guys like Fassel and Mariucci who were fired after 4-12 seasons in their last gigs.

I would have preferred to see Zorn surrounded and supported by a more veteran front office with a stronger GM and a larger team of scouts, both on the college and pro level.

Zorn will have to overcome some in-house deficiencies to be successful.

But Cowher in Pittsburgh also faced a number of obstacles to winning, namely the Steelers' inability to compete in the free agent market and resign a number of their own key players who received large dollar bonuses to go elsewhere, ie Plaxico Burress the lastest Super Bowl hero :)

This thread needs more bad puns...

Are you Zorny for the new coach? Or is this a Zorn in your side? Do you need to sleep on it and see how you feel in the Zorning?

Do you think the decision was based on the Zorn supremacy? Or was it the Zorn ultimatum from the fans' disapproval of Fassel?

Do you think this was a sexy Zornstar hiring?

What do you think his favorite food is? Zorn-on-the-cob? Zornbread? Zorn casserole?

Is he a Zorn-again Christian like Gibbs?

...I think I've Zorn out all the bad puns...

:applause:

Cometh the hour, cometh the Zorn.

OK, ASF. What's next? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

I want to know what Art knows about Fassel's leaks and backlash they caused. His comment smelled of inside information, and I suspect he knows a lot more about this than he's let on. Especially given the position of his source, whom I suspect was particularly annoyed by Fassel's actions, given the source's position.

Hey Art, how about it? :)

:cheers:

I had posted in earlier threads the idea of promoting Blache to HC and Gray as DC if the other candidates fell through.My thinking was that Blache had more experience and already knew the players and staff that was in place.But I was stunned to hear Zorn was promoted and a little confused at how Snyder came to this decision.

Now that I read the press release and had time to think about it, I like the idea of a coach without any baggage and he would make a great mentor for JC.Also he comes from one of the most successful coaching families ever. No reason to think he can't get it done and I hope he does.

Hail Zorn!!! and HTTR!!!

:cheers:

I can live with this! Was hoping for someone with more experience, it's a pretty big pair of shoes to fill. I have been a loyal fan since Lombardi came to town and was wondering how we were going to live with a retread coach. When Gibbs was hired by Jack, I felt doubt in his ability too. Boy was I wrong there!!!!! Hopefully Zorn will succeed and everyone goes to work on Mondays happy for years to come. This team needs to be the solid winning team it was way back then. I hope the ownership will let this happen.

Hail to the Skins!

Best of luck Coach!!!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived