Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

To the people that say that Zorn was not on anyone's radar.

That is a true statement, but it does not mean that Zorn will fail or succeed. Heck, Spags was on no ones radar until the playoffs. He spent eight years in Philly until the Giants needed a coordinator and decided to take a chance.

The skins are certainly taking a chance. But, talent always rises to the top. If he is a leader and he is someone that has the talent to be a good head coach he will be.

What I would like to know is who is now going to be the offensive coordinator and are we going to also bring in a QB coach? Also, will Zorn be calling the plays or the new offensive coordinator. Have to iron those things out.

I'd be willing to bet several of those questions have already been answered and they are going to let them be the first things Zorn addresses.

Know this, one way or another, a year from now this thread WILL be dragged back out and there are going to be some heads hangin'.

Some of you people are complete Hypocrites.

I see people constantly bickering about how Snyder just looks for the big "ohhhh ahhhh" candidate and signs them. He's doing the complete opposite and you're complaining he's still an idiot. I'm not a fan of him, but I am a fan of him seeming to hire someone not based on popularity like before.

I'm excited about Zorn being our new HC! Fresh ideas, fresh start! He has a lot of expectations to live up to, but I think our team is ready to get on board and make things happen!! Good luck, Jim!!! Welcome to the Redskins!

I want a In Zorn We Trust tee shirt. :laugh: Damn I am excited about this...fresh ideas, no retreads.

Nothing about that post contained one bit of homerism or spin. I asked for people to express themselves for or against here. I even then put what I felt up in this thread.

You owe me an apology or you've earned time off.

If every time someone doesn't ignorantly post heated anti-Redskins rhetoric gets you bothered, go elsewhere. I don't have to put up with that from you.

First off I never saw the post where you mentioned how you felt and I have no problem with that. Maybe I shouldn't have used homerism in my post, but i was just trying to see how "Art" the person felt and not "Art" the mod, and you answerd and I respect that. I apologize if you felt there was anything negative and what I asked because there wasn't.

There is no anti-redskins rhetoric. I would have applauded Danny if he hired Fossil and hope he would. The problem I have is Danny or Vinny showed they can not make the decision that might anger fans, thus they showed to me they can not run this team and we need a GM that can put feelings to the side.

If he wanted Fossil then he should have hired him it is that simple. Fans are just fans, if Fossil started out 5-1 next year everyone would have said that was a great hire.

There is a reason why you have people in certain positions, so they can make the hard choices even when it doesn't please people. Our FO can't do that.

If Zorn was the guy all along they would have hired him 3 weeks ago, this was a fallback guy and nothing more.

Interesting stuff from Gibbs in the press release:

What he lacks in coaching experience he does have in playing experience. There probably is something to that. There's probably something to the "feel of the game" he could have. Garrett seemed to have it and he wasn't even a good player :).

Holmgren's coaching tree does point to some successes as well. We'll have to see.

hmmm....former QB is our coach...how did that work out before with Spurrier?...he seemed to have the "feel for the game". :rolleyes: :doh:

To me, this is an indication that no one else wanted the job, and Snyder couldn't hire Fassel because he was concerned of an all out fan revolt. So, he hired the guy who already would come to Washington as an assistant and just bumped him up.

It is a sad state of affairs when no one will come and be the coach here except for naive assistants or desparate coaches looking for 3rd or 4th chances.

Well, you reap what you sow. Zorn, in another setting, might be fine. But with this selection I see Snyder lowering expectations. Cap hell looms, and it's getting to the point where the top coaching prospects probably don't want to come here -- whatever the money. I wish the best for Zorn. I had great respect for him as a player, and I expect the same from him as a coach. But there will be things he has to deal with (Snyder, Cerrato) that will make him yearn for the playing days on the field. Nothing underscores that better than this silly "search." Fassel, who I didn't want, was treated like trash. You don't treat people like that w/o creating some sort of League-wide impression. Just another Redskin/Snyder story. Fans held hostage, day ???.

First off I never saw the post where you mentioned how you felt and I have no problem with that. Maybe I shouldn't have used homerism in my post, but i was just trying to see how "Art" the person felt and not "Art" the mod, and you answerd and I respect that.

There is no anti-redskins rhetoric. I would have applauded Danny if he hired Fossil and hope he would. The problem I have is Danny or Vinny showed they can not make the decision that might anger fans, thus they showed to me they can not run this team and we need a GM that can put feelings to the side.

If he wanted Fossil then he should have hired him it is that simple. Fans are just fans, if Fossil started out 5-1 next year everyone would have said that was a great hire.

There is a reason why you have people in certain positions, so they can make the hard choices even when it doesn't please people. Our FO can't do that.

If Zorn was the guy all along they would have hired him 3 weeks ago, this was a fallback guy and nothing more.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think the team is monitoring fan reaction when making coaching hires.

Fits in with Snyder's desire for more offense which Gibbs and Marty did not give him

Steve was an offensive coach but like a fish out of water in nfl

Zorn has consistant loyalty and success at one city and this will help Campbell which is our future

I'm taking a wait & see attitude...need to add that option as I think that's probably where most of us are with this hire.

hmmm....former QB is our coach...how did that work out before with Spurrier?...he seemed to have the "feel for the game". :rolleyes: :doh:

Spurrier's feel for the game was never in question. He has that now. He never got guys to buy in to his system and didn't care enough to convince them or work hard enough to make it go.

Zorn comes out of Holmgren's house. Work ethic isn't going to be an inhibiting factor.

Archived