Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official: Does Jim Zorn make you Zorny or angry poll?

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

To me, this is an indication that no one else wanted the job, and Snyder couldn't hire Fassel because he was concerned of an all out fan revolt. So, he hired the guy who already would come to Washington as an assistant and just bumped him up.

It is a sad state of affairs when no one will come and be the coach here except for naive assistants or desparate coaches looking for 3rd or 4th chances.

True. But like I said, if Zorn leads the Skins to victory, this will be forgiven and nobody will care. If he loses on the other hand........

You are living in a fantasy world if you think the team is monitoring fan reaction when making coaching hires.

Then why didn't Fossil get the job??

We have had Zorn for 3 weeks now are you suggesting that all of a sudden Danny realized he was the HC. Zorn is the coach because no one else wanted it.

Lets say that Zorn has been the man all along, the problem is the perception is the abuse Fossil got for being mentioned, fans are not dumb.

This has boom or bust written all over it.

I personally think this will work.

Good post. No one has any idea how this will work out. Is Zorn bright? Sure. Is he well schooled, working for Holmgren? Sure. Does he have good character? Apparently so.

But is he a leader of men? Can he stand up to Snyder? Will he have the courage to demand strong alternatives to Campbell at QB? Will the Redskins acquire those great alternative QBs?

I don't know the answers to these questions. I suspect the answers will determine his success.

I would have preferred Spags, Mariucci, Cowher or Gregg Williams. I was more sure that they could answer those questions well. I was also fairly sure Fassel was wrong on those questions, and thus the wrong answer. As for Zorn, I just don't know. I wish him the best success.

:cheers:

Spurrier's feel for the game was never in question. He has that now. He never got guys to buy in to his system and didn't care enough to convince them or work hard enough to make it go.

Zorn comes out of Holmgren's house. Work ethic isn't going to be an inhibiting factor.

feel for the game? He got Ramsey killed!

I honestly think the Skins could do better than taking a BIG chance on a unproven coach....has this franchise slipped so far in the past month that it is forced to make desperate choices like some expansion team? This USED to be a very proud franchise.

I honestly think the Skins could do better than taking a BIG chance on a unproven coach....has this franchise slipped so far in the past month that it is forced to make desperate choices like some expansion team. This USED to be a very proud franchise.

Andy,

Are you actually Jim Fassel? Just wondering. :)

Perhaps some of you should read the press release. Some good comments in there and a few go a ways in refuting some charges being made here. Fills in some blanks.

As for the Zorn hire, I'm good with it. There is precedent here and being a former NFL player, (and very good one at that), could be instrumental in his getting along with the players currently on the team. He relates. He hasn't called a play, but you figure at the NFL level, there is a team effort when it comes game planning and calling plays. Which means I wouldn't be surprised if he's been involved in both. Not to the extent that he will be this coming season, but enough for me not to label him a rookie with no experience either.

Then why didn't Fossil get the job??

We have had Zorn for 3 weeks now are you suggesting that all of a sudden Danny realized he was the HC. Zorn is the coach because no one else wanted it.

Lets say that Zorn has been the man all along, the problem is the perception is the abuse Fossil got for being mentioned, fans are not dumb.

Fassel's people released his interview with the media in an effort to pressure the team to move quickly on bringing him in. He was playing PR hoping it would move the team his direction. He was wrong. It went three weeks because the team had Spags on their list and wanted to talk to him. After doing so, they ordered up their thoughts and went in for another round with Zorn.

Zorn, you understand, was the one candidate we owned. He was our OC. He couldn't go anywhere. We could come to him whenever we wanted. The team probably was prepared to hire Fassel if no one else really moved them. Zorn got the HC interview and wound up being the choice.

I've no doubt if it was a TIE between he and Fassel it might tip to Zorn because the fans hated Fassel. But the team isn't making decisions based on the fan response. It's just silly to think so. If so, Williams would be our coach. Get your head out of your butt on this.

Zorn's future will be a ride for us all to live through. But, we can safely say he's teh coach because of all the people we spoke with, he most impressed the people hiring him. We can't complain about a lack of thoroughness or anything else.

I honestly think the Skins could do better than taking a BIG chance on a unproven coach....has this franchise slipped so far in the past month that it is forced to make desperate choices like some expansion team? This USED to be a very proud franchise.

No he didn't.

Ramsey got Ramsey killed.

Spurrier believed on blocking outside in for a very simple reason. He feared turnovers from edge rushers stripping from his QB. His offense was designed to LET people come in over the middle because the QB could see him and get rid of the ball. Ramsey just didn't. Ramsey was always slow on the trigger.

I'm torn between yes and no. He could end up being extremely good for our offense(chances are he will), but I thought he could do that anyway as the offensive coordinator. I was actually more worried about our defense than our offense (even more so now), which is why I wanted Meeks for HC. It will be interesting to see this thing unfold next season. I will go in with low expectations because these coaching moves just dont make much sense to me. I'll hope for the best. But I actually am feeling worse and worse about this hiring, even as I type this post. LORD HELP US!! WERE DOOMED. J/K

me so Zorny, me love team long time.

That's actually pretty funny.

I like the Zorn move. From what I've read about the guy and his integrity, he could very well be the making of the next Joe Gibbs. Solid character, thinks outside the box, should help JC reach his potential, and so forth.

How about Rusty for OC?

Great move by Snyder. I hope this isn't a stop-gap until Cowher's jaw sees its' shadow because we need a guy with fresh ideas.

Zorn will be hungry to succeed with his first HC job and Snyder finally did away with the "sexy hire". The same people that love the sexy hire because it gives them something to complain about will go nuts with this hiring of Zorn. We didn't get a retread..so sit back and enjoy the ride.

I've no doubt if it was a TIE between he and Fassel it might tip to Zorn because the fans hated Fassel. But the team isn't making decisions based on the fan response. It's just silly to think so. If so, Williams would be our coach. Get your head out of your butt on this.

Sorry but Danny didn't like Gregg, he did like Fossil.

If it was a tie as you say then why give it to someone with no experience at all over someone that had a divisin rival in the superbowl?? Art that is like a company deciding between two people for the CEO position one an established person who understand all it takes and one a promising VP. Now tell me who gets the job? We both know the answer.

If the fans were excited over Fossil he would be the coach.

Now we have a GM and a Coach that did not prove themselves to anyone to get their job. I pray it works.

NOOO!

I would be more pissed if they hired Fossil. This is a SLIGHT step up. I prefer my team to be in the hands of someone with more experience...I don't like gambling with a coach. :2cents:

Who, thinking reasonably now, could or atleast should, we have signed as HC?

Who was available? Who would have wanted it? Who would the majority of the fans want?

Archived