Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

17 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Yeah…this thread shouldn’t be used so lightly.  We know the paloffs aren’t now.  Not really a paloff team with a brutal schedule.  Paloffs aren’t now and we’ll be happy bout that come April 

The paloffs aren’t now. And that is true. That’s because we can still loose a game or two and still have a real shot at the playoffs. We only need to be 8-9 to make the playoffs. Maybe even 7-10…

We make the playoffs every 4 or 5 years when the division is at its weakest often times just having to scratch and claw our way there . The following year lay a big egg and do that for another 4 or 5 years before getting lucky again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dyst said:

We make the playoffs every 4 or 5 years when the division is at its weakest often times just having to scratch and claw our way there . The following year lay a big egg and do that for another 4 or 5 years before getting lucky again.

So what you’re saying is.....

paloffs will be in 2024 or 2025 :D 

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, dyst said:

Yep.

1999 was Dan’s first playoff. Took 6 years and 4 coaches later,  to make playoffs in 2005. Only 2 years to make playoffs in 2007. Then another 5 years and 2 coaches later, for a birth in 2012. Then 3 years and another coach, for our 2015 playoff appearance. 2 more coaches and 5 years for 2020’s birth. So, 2024 or 2025 is when we will appear in the playoffs again with yet another coach.

Note: Including the 2 interim coaches we had.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The paloffs aren’t now. And that is true. That’s because we can still loose a game or two and still have a real shot at the playoffs. We only need to be 8-9 to make the playoffs. Maybe even 7-10…

I doubt that this year. The nfc is top heavy with 5 teams at 5-7 wins. The other 2 wild cards will probably have at least 9 wins.

After the ugly loss in Denver its tough for me to see the Skins winning more than 6-7 games this season. But in all honestly, what do you think the record is going to be for the team with the worst wild card record in the NFC? Remember, seven teams make it in per conference now.  I don't think 7-10 will get there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the last team be 8-9. That will likely be the norm going forward in at least one conference per season.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, hail2skins said:

After the ugly loss in Denver its tough for me to see the Skins winning more than 6-7 games this season. But in all honestly, what do you think the record is going to be for the team with the worst wild card record in the NFC? Remember, seven teams make it in per conference now.  I don't think 7-10 will get there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the last team be 8-9. That will likely be the norm going forward in at least one conference per season.

6 or 7 wins is a pipe dream as far as I'm concerned. We are very lucky to even have the 2 wins we have. But, playing this out you'd think these would be the 7 playoff teams as things sit today:

Green Bay

Rams

Dallas

Tampa Bay

Arizona

New Orleans

Niners, Vikings, Panthers or Eagles 

The Eagles have the easiest schedule in the entire NFL moving forward and have 3 wins. If they can can finish 5-4 they'll be 8-9 and in the hunt so I'm guessing that 8 wins is gonna be in the hunt come week 17 and that 9 wins will be in the catbirds seat. We would need to go 7-2 to get to 9 wins. Lots of things would have to break in our favor for that to happen the way we're playing including our players getting healthy first and foremost. The good news is that we play the Panthers and Eagles (twice) so we could make some headway there but we'll need to get much better. Hopefully everyone is taking a hard look at themselves in the mirror these next 10 days or so. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 8:56 PM, zskins said:

So we need to win the next 8 out of 9 games! PALOFFS ARE NOW PEOPLE!!! :D

So the next game isn’t a must win… sheesh. I was getting worried.  

On 11/4/2021 at 4:07 PM, RWJ said:

We will be in position to either pick or draft the top 1 or 2 QB in the upcoming draft, IMO unless someone jumps us.  

Lions will be picking first.  

• Haha 1

I spoke this in another thread, but it's worth repeating.

After playing the exact amount of games last year as we've played now, we had the exact same record. And went on a late season surge to win the division and crash into the playoffs.

So last year, after 8 games we were 2-6.

This year, we're also 2-6.

We are once again destined to get healthy, get Thomas and Samuel back and more, and revive for a late season push.

We even have an extra 17th game this year, to somewhat make up for one of our losses !