Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

52 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

We're well on our way to becoming a militarized police state and arguably are already there.  Fear is a powerful thing.  Bin Laden won, though I don't think in a way he expected or he would necessary recognize.

If he were alive I think he'd be smiling, whether it was how he intended or not. They all would be. That day set off a chain reaction of events that have led us to this very moment, and it could not have happened without them (well, it sure could've, but they were a bolt of lightning to a slow stream of oil and sludge, heading toward a lake of fire.

We knew we had festering wounds as a nation that had yet to heal, but they fasttracked us onto the path of destruction.

Had to go out of character and interrupt a political  conversation between several young people yesterday, basically about why they couldn't be bothered to vote. Long story short, I think I got through to them just how little this had to do "With big bad mean things he/she said " and important, life changing/ending issues that affect all of us, and them, and the people they love (because "All of us" doesn't sound personal enough, and that's what I told them in the end).

So I was talking to a childhood bro for the first time in years, and he asked about my ex-girlfriend Eboni whom I was dating last time I saw him 20 years ago.  Haven't heard from her in like 10+ years so I googled her to see how her life was going.  Turns out she was murdered in 2014.  Her estranged husband stabbed her 14 times and then choked her to death.  

It's crazy because her older sister joined the Air Force when she turned 18 (we were 16). Older sis convinced me to stop selling drugs and join the AF to get away from all the drama in the city (summer '99 in DC was chaos) as people we knew got killed left and right.  10 months later I was on a plane to Lackland Air Force Base, Texas for bootcamp. 

I begged Eboni to join the AF with me and her older sister, but she wanted to stay home.  not long after I left, she started dealing with an abusive asshole...the man that would eventually kill her.

I hadn't talked to her in maybe 15 years, but this **** has got me in a super funk last night and this morning....

Why would I post something so personal to ES? Fair question, I dunno.  

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Eboni-Domally-Michael-Gayle-Queens-Stroll-DC-homicide-stabbing-265601221.html

5 hours ago, PeterMP said:

We're well on our way to becoming a militarized police state and arguably are already there.  Fear is a powerful thing.  Bin Laden won, though I don't think in a way he expected or he would necessary recognize.

If you did a thread and a poll, I'd disagree that he "won", but some of the damage is permanent.  "Militarized police state" is a strong choice of words.

Sorry to hear that @Chew. Sometimes it just helps to let things out and share with folks who don't judge. When I had time to post here more regularly, I know that's how I felt when I needed to express things. That's what's good abt the RTT Fam! I mean, it's still great for busting chops. Who DOESN'T like a good Ankles or 2 weeks old McD food zing! But in the end, the RTT Fam always looks out!

.... Wow - @d0ublestr0ker0ll - bro!!

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If you did a thread and a poll, I'd disagree that he "won", but some of the damage is permanent.  "Militarized police state" is a strong choice of words.

I'd say that we lost, more-so than he won.  Of course in a society where it's always X vs. Y, if X loses it must mean that Y won.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'd say that we lost, more-so than he won.  Of course in a society where it's always X vs. Y, if X loses it must mean that Y won.

It's a complicated question and answer for sure, I also hate looking at stuff like that from a binary perspective, think it misses point of what it all means in context.  

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If he were alive I think he'd be smiling, 

Maybe, he wanted us out the middle east.  This mad king thing could backfire in a way that doesn't exactly look an implossion like many believe would.  We are more likely now to invade somebody we don't like because we want to then we probably ever been.  We killed him and threw him off the side of a boat.

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I know...I'm only out after dark in the winter. ?

Silly lady. I got the pic. Just a few days ago. 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

lowkey getting sexually harassed at work.

Doubtful. They are manipulating you into doing more work for them because they know you are a sucker.

Also...you wish. 

Serious note... if true, simply turn the cold shoulder, eventually they will get the hint.

If it gets serious, then you might have to report it as well...but I would also generally not recommend it. 

I never felt harrassed at work personally, sure ladies and gents would joke with me about stuff. I never took it serious...and some of those folks and I are still friends to this day. The gay men and women knew that I didn't care about their sexuality and joke with them about it, the crazy women would back off whenever they met my lady at the time. Sometimes I chalked it up to being my fault...because I know that I can be flirtatious in a comfortable surrounding. 

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm glad you aren't just keeping it to yourself.

You don't recall that he keeps it in a loofah ? Shame. 

I'll be ****ed if Bin Laden won. None of those terrorist ****s have ever won a goddam thing in their life. 

They won at killing a bunch of innocent people if that is what you are judging them by. Nothing that has occured since 9/11 has been good for any group of people on the face of the planet so I don't understand the contention that he "won" whatsoever. 

Archived