Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

38 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Don't think I've ever been less enthusiastic about a season opener.

You and me both.  Meh.  I wonder of the fact that the Caps finally won a championship has taken the edge off my interest, because championship is all that matters, and seems highly unlikely.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If we're comparing Jobs to Musk...Jobs pretty much changed how we connect with each other and how we listen to music.  Musk made a really fancy car that is probably awesome to have but not indispensable.  You could argue that Apple's products are indispensable, or at least more important than what Musk has done.  Like when Jobs recruited John Sculley from Pepsi and asked if he wanted to change the world or keep selling sugar water....he wasn't lying.

Therefore, Jobs could afford to be more arrogant ?

I admire Musk for thinking big and doing crazy stuff, but man....if you've got shareholders it's probably not a good idea to go on Joe Rogan's podcast and smoke weed for everyone to see.  Not a smart move.

Unlike Jobs, Musk isn't done yet.

Too soon?

22 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Stop it, seriously?  I have no words, probably for people talking about people, but I've never seen it, that's certainly not ghetto as far as I know (what urban dictionary saying).

Btw, Grammarly is in Android and its awesome, works across apps.

so, update on the whole "talm" being a word thing...the person that I was in the debate with about on twitter, this was her response, word for word, after I said "how does "talking about" become "talm" and she said:

"when we speak a English patois called "ebonics." lmao. talking about=talm"  and I said how? so she says 

"because in aave, we slur/moosh our words together a lot, "what are you guys talking about" can become "what'ch'y'all talm 'bout?" 

and the lady said "it's a valid word. its just not standard white English" and she said "don't be ******** on my language cause you don't understand it". 

…..da ****? anyone agree about how completely dumb that is?

35 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

…..da ****? anyone agree about how completely dumb that is?

It's not separate from English so it needs to be understood by people that speak English.  If people want to have some mismash of typos to seem cool, more power to them, it will become the new hanging your pants halfway off your ass.  I don't mind shrinking words for IM purposes, its Instant Messaging, but that was borderline illegible. Saying grammatically correct English is for White people is like saying Black people shouldn't be speaking grammatically correct English.  I find it insulting that I should have to do that to prove anything.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

"The Nun" is terrible and not scary at all. Save your money.

I knew it.  Is Horror dead?

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I thought the football comment was extremely random.

Censorship in random thoughts ?

It's not football talk. It was Redskins talk, and no, not any random thought is allowed. Forum rules still apply, as well as the rtt  code (no politics or religion).

The mod warning about Redskins talk came when we used to chat about games in here while they were live (which is done in the Stadium, and no longer happens in here). I don't remember if it extended to all things Redskins, or even other NFL related stuff (which doesn't happen a whole lot as well), but maybe @TK or somebody can clear things up.

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That ****ing sucked.......

One asshole ruined it for us all......

I’m sorry.

I just got home and saw this...

DUDE...I KNOW ASSHOLES. YOU ARE NOT ONE.?

The hammer came out of the blue, no one knew why...

It was no one's fault. I was just enforcing the importance of the thread. Ain't throwin no shade. You my homie, I hope.

28 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Heck, the RTT is basically a new incarnation of the After Hours Fun Bunch.

In some ways that is true. In others not even close. 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, it still gets dusty as **** in the room when Remember the Titans is on.... 

Because he asks him does he have a father? 

Archived