Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't think Elon Musk is as smart as I thought he was.

He's too arrogant to keep his arrogance in check.  Disappointing, but not over, Steve Jobs comes to mind, though I don't think Musk is as bad.

Musk would make perfect supervillain, so let's not his company from him if we can.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

He's too arrogant to keep his arrogance in check.  Disappointing, but not over, Steve Jobs comes to mind, though I don't think Musk is as bad.

Musk would make perfect supervillain, so let's not his company from him if we can.

If we're comparing Jobs to Musk...Jobs pretty much changed how we connect with each other and how we listen to music.  Musk made a really fancy car that is probably awesome to have but not indispensable.  You could argue that Apple's products are indispensable, or at least more important than what Musk has done.  Like when Jobs recruited John Sculley from Pepsi and asked if he wanted to change the world or keep selling sugar water....he wasn't lying.

Therefore, Jobs could afford to be more arrogant ?

I admire Musk for thinking big and doing crazy stuff, but man....if you've got shareholders it's probably not a good idea to go on Joe Rogan's podcast and smoke weed for everyone to see.  Not a smart move.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If we're comparing Jobs to Musk...Jobs pretty much changed how we connect with each other and how we listen to music.  Musk made a really fancy car that is probably awesome to have but not indispensable.  You could argue that Apple's products are indispensable, or at least more important than what Musk has done.  Like when Jobs recruited John Sculley from Pepsi and asked if he wanted to change the world or keep selling sugar water....he wasn't lying.

Therefore, Jobs could afford to be more arrogant ?

I admire Musk for thinking big and doing crazy stuff, but man....if you've got shareholders it's probably not a good idea to go on Joe Rogan's podcast and smoke weed for everyone to see.  Not a smart move.

Honestly, imo, making reusable spacecraft via the private sector a reality and chopping the price of space travel really is only rivaled by iPhone when comparing the two and their impact on our society, even more then first GUI public desktop computer since Bill Gates stole it and won computer on every desk battle.  We didn't need anything Jobs made, absolutely somebody had to step in to make private sector to lead in space travel and forcing us into a two planet species.  

Don't forget he helped make PayPal as well.   : )

Edit: Tesla isn't all that and a bag of chips, but his real contribution is making the public charging station more common.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Honestly, imo, making reusable spacecraft via the private sector a reality and chopping the price of space travel really is only rivaled by iPhone when comparing the two and their impact on our society, even more then first GUI since Bill Gates stole it and won computer on every desk battle.  We didn't need anything Jobs made, absolutely somebody had to step in to make private sector to lead in space travel and forcing us into a two planet species.  

Don't forget he helped make PayPal as well.   : )

Bro, I haven't been to space in a reusable spacecraft (yet).  I don't think you or I know anyone that has, maybe except @Kosher Ham.  But I'm about to get in my car, connect my iPhone and listen to music through my phone.  I NEED THAT. :)   And when I get on that reusable spacecraft, I'll be bringing my iPhone so I can take pics and listen to music on the way.   :) 

Good mention on the PayPal, forgot all about that.  

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

"That guy" that works in your building gave one helluva speech today, ftr. I got goosebumps and broke down crying. 

I just finished watching the speech in its entirety, and I am right there with you.  I really miss having a President that inspires ideals rather than incites anger and resentment. 

About Tesla...No ****. A whole gang of techs(in spotless unis, I guess that's possible?)came into my restaurant one day, gave em great service, talked cars, I thought things went well. 

Separate checks.

My combined tip was MAYBE $7 on about $130 in sales. 

Give me my greasers back. ? They have more appreciation for hard work. 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Bro, I haven't been to space in a reusable spacecraft (yet).  I don't think you or I know anyone that has, maybe except @Kosher Ham.  But I'm about to get in my car, connect my iPhone and listen to music through my phone.  I NEED THAT. :)   And when I get on that reusable spacecraft, I'll be bringing my iPhone so I can take pics and listen to music on the way.   :) 

Good mention on the PayPal, forgot all about that.  

Lol, you underestimate the importance of  being a multi-planet species and making that more realistic.  We can't all stay on earth, we'd be sitting ducks as a species versus some form of redundancy, not to mention limited resources of the planet. I mean, he's not just talking about going to Mars, he's talking about terraforming it.  

I'd be more on your side with the iPhone if Android wasn't dominating the cell phone market globally.  Trying to find some recent graphs, but even though Apple pioneered the smart phone, Alphabet did what they had to do to get it so everyone can have one.

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

i dont understand why people get amused by the look-a-like thread in the stadium.  It's such a waste of time

Considering positivity is a rare-earth metal in Stadium these days, I'm fine with it.  The political look a like thread was fire, though ?

26 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Don't think I've ever been less enthusiastic about a season opener.

I'm burned out from the high expectations we've been walking into this century.  From fun and gun, to Gibbs return, to Griffin, there's really nothing special about this team.  I think even the "if they can overacheive" has been beaten out of us, look at my sig, anytime your depending on overachieving to meet expectation, you are asking for it.

Tempted to start a "is this a playoff roster" thread, more things capable of going wrong then right for this team, screaming average to above average at best. 

Archived