Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Homeowner met us. Barely had to leave the package car. If it got crazy would've had to take the L and hope  to survive to get a fat paycheck, or find a quick detour.

Talked with a lot of dude's back then, and whether it's delivering to properties with killer dogs, deliveries in the hood (one driver literally witnessed a drug deal gone bad and a guy got shot up), its all part of the game. Part of why those guys carry home a nice paycheck.

Are you authorized by UPS to defend yourself? I mean, what's a flesh wound and some scars in the grand scheme of things?? amirite?

Just now, Elessar78 said:

Are you authorized by UPS to defend yourself? I mean, what's a flesh wound and some scars in the grand scheme of things?? amirite?

From what I remember we were just told to evade. I assume things get tricky when you start fighting back, especially without video evidence in some cases.

If you are in a situation where you have no other choice but to protect yourself and get it off of you, I think there really is nothing anywhere in any company saying let it tear you up, but that's obviously not the same as it charging you and you kicking it.

Most oldheads would always say jump on the nearest vehicle hood you can find, but that thing was so damn big it would've already been above most hoods.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

From what I remember we were just told to evade.

1.gif

I think there really is nothing anywhere in any company saying let it tear you up, but that's obviously not the same as it charging you and you kicking it.

dAp2Nob.gif

Most oldheads would always say jump on the nearest vehicle hood you can find, but that thing was so damn big it would've already been above most hoods.

BOuNaGC.gif

In original Jurrasic Park some scientists said Dinos behave/are more like birds. But the scientists filled in gaps in Dino DNA with amphibian genes. WTF?

There's also a theory that the earth was more oxygenated during the creataceous—so if they raised them in today's world then they should have been sluggish, under-oxygenated creatures. 

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

In original Jurrasic Park some scientists said Dinos behave/are more like birds. But the scientists filled in gaps in Dino DNA with amphibian genes. WTF?

There's also a theory that the earth was more oxygenated during the creataceous—so if they raised them in today's world then they should have been sluggish, under-oxygenated creatures. 

The book goes in depth better why they did that (even preserved DNA was damaged, so added closest relatives to fill the gaps).  I do not remember the oxygen addressed, but out of curiosity, some say oxygen levels started to level out before dinosaurs showed up, some went further to say Jurassic had less oxygen then today.  

Dang. Local TV just had a story that the racing team that won last year, and is #3 in points, this year, has announced that they will go out of business at the end of this season because they cannot find a sponsor. 

I know that there are few people in the world who know less about NASCAR than I  do.  (or care less, for that matter). But dang, that seems hard to believe. 

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Well the problem was that the scientists were too busy asking if they could use frog DNA, they didn't stop to ask if they should.

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Well the problem was that the scientists were too busy asking if they could use frog DNA, they didn't stop to ask if they should.

One of my true genuine concerns with science, only thing that comes close to what we capable of is what we capable less of.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It's science, it's engineering, it's business... its everything human.

I read somewhere the part of our brain responsible for short goals was far more developed then the part for long term goals.  We are literally fighting our nature trying to think down a road that we ourselves won't be part of, and no, some aren't even trying.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I read somewhere the part of our brain responsible for short goals was far more developed then the part for long term goals.  We are literally fighting our nature trying to think down a road that we ourselves won't be part of, and no, some aren't even trying.

Seems to make sense from a natural selection stand-point.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

People say we only use 10% of our brains. But I say we only use 10% of our hearts.

53 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

People say we only use 10% of our brains. But I say we only use 10% of our hearts.

That's a tough pill to anecdote.  100% of your heart means a lot of things and not talked about enough, we don't even know what 100% of our brain even looks like.

Archived