Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

40 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Nepotism is the only way I’m getting that job 

You talking about the one in the bay area or a different one?  Nepotism gets you the interview, you got that on your own.

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Possibly. Depends on how a couple gets down. "Unpleasant" directly implies she ain't buying what you're selling, though. ☺

Or he "doesn't" ?

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ruthless sounds kinda rapey, though.

Yeah, definitely a bit on the rapey side.  I considered "unsatisfying", but I feel that sells the sarcasm short; the quip is intended to be a joke against one's own sexual performance and/or preferences, but not really against the sarcasm.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, definitely a bit on the rapey side.  I considered "unsatisfying", but I feel that sells the sarcasm short; the quip is intended to be a joke against one's own sexual performance and/or preferences, but not really against the sarcasm.

I jus gotta get used to your darker sense of sarcasm, I sometimes have problem reading Sin in the NBA thread. We too be cool to be assumin ****, you was here before I was, think we only got into it once.

58 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I jus gotta get used to your darker sense of sarcasm, I sometimes have problem reading Sin in the NBA thread. We too be cool to be assumin ****, you was here before I was, think we only got into it once.

From earlier this week:

On 8/24/2018 at 8:52 PM, PokerPacker said:

I find myself deleting a lot of posts because the humor is probably too inappropriate.

Ooh, on that note, that could be the word I'm looking for to complete the quip.  Dry and inappropriate!

7 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

A few things I learned yesterday: 

1.) "Major League Rugby" is a thing now (they had their first season this past spring)

2.) D.C. will have a team by 2020 at the latest

3.) I'm kinda excited about

http://dcmlr.com/

I watched quite a bit of that league this year on some obscure sports channel over the spring/summer.  Every time I thought I understood the rules, something new (and weird) threw me off LOL.  It was fun to watch, though. 

And having watched a few rugby games in their entirety now, I realize that it's not nearly as rough as one might think.  It's not nearly as violent as football, and the players do a pretty good job of trying not to injure one another.  

Half of every roster is Samoan or Hawaiian LOL. 

9 minutes ago, Chew said:

I watched quite a bit of that league this year on some obscure sports channel over the spring/summer.  Every time I thought I understood the rules, something new (and weird) threw me off LOL.  It was fun to watch, though. 

And having watched a few rugby games in their entirety now, I realize that it's not nearly as rough as one might think.  It's not nearly as violent as football, and the players do a pretty good job of trying not to injure one another.  

Half of every roster is Samoan or Hawaiian LOL. 

Yeah, I've read up on rugby and there seems to be a consensus that it's safer than football. I wanted to play in college but I didn't have a car and couldn't reliably go out to the practice field. 

And yeah, it's a bit difficult to understand (tried reading the rules on Wikipedia the other day and it was kinda confusing) but it's still fun to watch. I hope this MLR thing is successful and has a future in D.C. Might even get in on those season tickets. 

19 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I've been watching Hard Knocks and man the coaching situation seems toxic, I just don't get the feeling that Haley and Williams respect Hue Jackson.

I don't pay much attention to the NFL anymore, but those guys have long had reputations as being assholishly difficult to work with. Grilliams, much as I loved him here, never stood a chance post Gibbs for that reason (At least one of them).

Could just be that. A lot of people thought GW didn't respect Gibbs either (I don't think that was the case). For some people, you just have to see past the stormcloud of dickhead before you can see what they're really all about, I guess 

A few years ago I was shooting the Redskins/Rams game at Fed Ex.  I can't remember exactly what happened right before the halftime, but I think the Rams stuffed our offense and we did something pathetic as time expired, pretty sure it was a sack on Cousins.  Didn't realize it, but I was standing about 3 feet behind Williams.  He just turned around, looked at me and smiled with the biggest **** eating grin ever.  Could tell that he wanted to beat us bad.

Archived