Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I watched Uncle Drew last night.  I thought it was pretty good.

Thanks for the reminder. Still need to check that out. 

9 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Hit a baseball? ?

I get what the pitchers job is, but daggone it. Seems like the game would be so much more entertaining if the guys could get to around the 50% range of hitting. 

I love baseball and the strategy of the game... I simply hate the long stretches without any hits. 

43 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I get what the pitchers job is, but daggone it. Seems like the game would be so much more entertaining if the guys could get to around the 50% range of hitting. 

I love baseball and the strategy of the game... I simply hate the long stretches without any hits.

My love for the game was already limited... After what the Nats did to me in 2012, I baseball has become a very distant fourth as far as favorite sports.

Awful moment at the store this morning when I exited, going back to my car. Walked right through a gigantic web, preoccupied with getting out my keys. Only at the precise moment of contact did I notice a big brown basterd sitting right in the middle of it.

I have no idea what I looked like, trying to get it and the web off, flailing in every direction (probably like some psychotic nutter, convinced he's a warrior for Jesus, and is doing battle with like 10 demons or some ****), but all I know is I probably swung hard enough within a span of like 5-6 seconds to turn back time.

****in spiders, man. Nature's douchebags.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Awful moment at the store this morning when I exited, going back to my car. Walked right through a gigantic web, preoccupied with getting out my keys. Only at the precise moment of contact did I notice a big brown basterd sitting right in the middle of it.

I have no idea what I looked like, trying to get it and the web off, flailing in every direction (probably like some psychotic nutter, convinced he's a warrior for Jesus, and is doing battle with like 10 demons or some ****), but all I know is I probably swung hard enough within a span of like 5-6 seconds to turn back time.

****in spiders, man. Nature's douchebags.

You walked into his house and shot him and he's the douchebag?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, you're right :(

Though there was no evidence I killed it. Probably DB Cooper'd itself away on a rogue piece of webbing, marking me for death in the process.

Pointing two of it's legs at its 8 eyes and back at you on the way out.  Spiders are also surprisingly intelligent, so you should just delete your facebook now if you haven't already 

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/01/160121-jumping-spiders-animals-science/

"Polo"

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

sKXGe1N.gif

I got a spider vac just for special occasions like this, but primarily because when we moved in last summer, the house was crawling with spiders of all kinds (including black widows). One in particular was caught on the top of the wall in the washroom.

I sprayed it, then it did some weird kind of shimmy, then literally jumped out of nowhere, but my spray ****ed up its equilibrium likely, so it missed, and I stepped on it.  I'd never seen suicide diving spiders before, and its aim was true. If I hadn't already ****ed it up, it would've landed right on my head. **** had me contemplating life for several days (this was after spraying a big joint in the basement before that, and instead of self preservation/fear, it rushed me like some 28 Days Later **** before I unloaded like Mack with the mini in Predator.

Living out here has turned me onto the notion of "just trying to scrape out a living but will disembowel you if you threaten me" city spiders vs ""Today is a good day to die" country boy spiders, that just dont give a ****, seemingly. Their first instinct is to attack, rather than evade.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Pointing two of it's legs at its 8 eyes and back at you on the way out.  Spiders are also surprisingly intelligent, so you should just delete your facebook now if you haven't already 

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/01/160121-jumping-spiders-animals-science/

"Polo"

Lol,  my next post was literally about jumping spiders, lol.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol,  my next post was literally about jumping spiders, lol.

: ) I keep trying to convince myself id rather have spiders then any other bug problem since they kill so many other bugs i hate. Having said that, I've been thru the whole living in the walls joy, sprayed one jumping at me in mid-air in the shower.  Them and mosquito hawks are only bugs i tolerate inside my house, but sometimes i have to remind them this is symbiotic at best. 

Ive done stuff like peppermint oil to help keep them from coming inside the house, but ya, anything bigger then a quarter inside dies, not writing them a ticket with a fine, judge jury executioner.  I know I've been bit in my sleep before, but also know some of my former neighbors had roaches, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

I'm crazy though, don't listen to me.  I'd take different approach if i had kids, like not be in a residence connected to anyone and keep spiders out as well.  

Short story: 

Just went to get gas before prices hike up to over 4 bucks a gallon ( filled the other cars yesterday).

An older gentleman probably around ix's age (mid 80's) hears my radio...says to me..." Is that Machine Gun Kelly"? 

I say, "Well, yes sir it is", "he really got after Em in that one" he says.  

I reply with a smile, " He sure did sir". He responds, "Em is going to roast him when he hits back". 

All I could do was laugh and reply, "most likely". 

Made my day. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You listen to machine gun Kelly? 

I listen to all kinds of stuff. You would know that if you paid attention. 

You can't comment in a negative or positive way about something unless you learn what it is. 

One day you wil learn that. 

Now get your punk ass to class and stop being in grown folks business. 

5 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I listen to all kinds of stuff. You would know that if you paid attention. 

You can't comment in a negative or positive way about something unless you learn what it is. 

One day you wil learn that. 

Now get your punk ass to class and stop being in grown folks business. 

This is especially true for music, down to particular artists.

Archived