Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Conversation I just had with my daughter:

Tazette:  I hope the air conditioner breaks during the hurricane.

Me:  Why would you say that?  Do you realize how much money that would cost?

Tazette:  Because it's too cold in here daddy.  Fine then, I hope the power goes out so it can't turn on.

Me:  You realize that if the power goes out and is out long enough a ton of food could spoil and we could lose a lot of money on that.

Tazette:  Sheesh, would you quit raining on my parade already.

17 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the first time i heard the f bomb on television was the People vs. OJ Simpson

they dropped one on the last episode of Better Call Saul too

I'm old enough to remember when saying **** (rhymes with quit) was a big deal on tv

I put this here in the rtt... didn't wanna veer too far OT)

But yeah I think you and I are around the same age. I remember watching Nip/Tuck  (another FX one in the early- mid '00s) and a threesome sex scene broke out, and my mom, who by this point was pretty "whatever" about most **** by then was even like "wtf did I just witness... on network tv"

Times, they are a changin'.  Probably won't be long before we see full nudity, and frankly that would bother me about 90% less than a lot of what is already out there. 

5 minutes ago, Chew said:

Enemy of the State with Hackman and Smith has aged well.  Still a fun watch 20 years later.   Crazy how fast technology has advanced since then. 

Pretty sure that was the first flick where he started to branch out a bit with his movies (I believe it was around this time he turned down the role of Neo)

25 minutes ago, Chew said:

Enemy of the State with Hackman and Smith has aged well.  Still a fun watch 20 years later.   Crazy how fast technology has advanced since then. 

That's the world around my house. ?

I turned the fan next to my bed on high the other night...got ****ed out in the morning for messing with "the frequencies", because he believes  that whatever is going on in this house apparently controls how the zoom-zoom cars go by the house and how the dogs bark in the neighborhood. 

Mix that with The Truman Show. 

Now, pour over ice.  You've just made Metal Mary's Mental Macaroni Salad. 

Alright, so I've got an upstairs neighbor with a treadmill that pounds on that mother****er almost every night somewhere between 8 and 9:30 PM.  The first time it happened it was right over the bump out part of my apartment where I keep my desk and it was LOUD.  I thought he was coming through the ceiling.  The light fixture was shaking.  

I went upstairs, knocked LOUD on his door, of course no answer.  So I wrote a polite note, stuck it on his door.  

Sounds like he just moved it across his apartment and while it's not nearly as bad, it's still loud.  Not even loud, vibrating would be a better way to describe it.  

I really don't feel like going up there and being confrontational, everyone here seems pretty nice.  Not exactly sure what person it is, TBH.  But I also don't want to be a passive aggressive jerk and report it to the leasing office.  I'd be somewhat understanding if there wasn't the on-site gym 100 yards away but there's plenty of treadmills there.  I don't understand how you can have a piece of workout equipment like that in your apartment without feeling like a total douche.

What do y'all think?  Best course of action?

On 9/12/2018 at 6:53 PM, Chew said:

That's one of my favorite movies.  My high school was right up the street from the opening scene where Jason Lee hops on the bike and gets splattered by the fire truck.  We tried to go down there and watch some of it being filmed and get a glimpse of Will Smith.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Alright, so I've got an upstairs neighbor with a treadmill that pounds on that mother****er almost every night somewhere between 8 and 9:30 PM.  The first time it happened it was right over the bump out part of my apartment where I keep my desk and it was LOUD.  I thought he was coming through the ceiling.  The light fixture was shaking.  

I went upstairs, knocked LOUD on his door, of course no answer.  So I wrote a polite note, stuck it on his door.  

Sounds like he just moved it across his apartment and while it's not nearly as bad, it's still loud.  Not even loud, vibrating would be a better way to describe it.  

I really don't feel like going up there and being confrontational, everyone here seems pretty nice.  Not exactly sure what person it is, TBH.  But I also don't want to be a passive aggressive jerk and report it to the leasing office.  I'd be somewhat understanding if there wasn't the on-site gym 100 yards away but there's plenty of treadmills there.  I don't understand how you can have a piece of workout equipment like that in your apartment without feeling like a total douche.

What do y'all think?  Best course of action?

Please turn this into a war with your neighbor.  Our entertainment depends on it.

Also, I feel your pain.  I have no idea WHAT the **** my upstairs neighbor is doing to cause the frequent "thud thud thud thud thud thud thud... CRASH!", but it's infuriating.  I ****ing hate apartment living, especially when not on the top floor.

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Please turn this into a war with your neighbor.  Our entertainment depends on it.

Also, I feel your pain.  I have no idea WHAT the **** my upstairs neighbor is doing to cause the frequent "thud thud thud thud thud thud thud... CRASH!", but it's infuriating.  I ****ing hate apartment living, especially when not on the top floor.

Nah, I like to try to be nice and say hello to everyone.  But man, this **** is driving me nuts.  I wonder if the people next to me can hear it, I wouldn't be surprised.

Plus I can't really turn it into war, I can't really retaliate in an equally obnoxious way.  He's got the upper hand, no pun intended.  The first time he was on that treadmill above the bump out, I stood on my desk and pounded on the ceiling, quickly realizing that wasn't gonna do anything.

I wonder if it's actually the girl who parks her car like a ****ing dickhead.  This girl parks her car leaving half her trunk over the line behind her when she gets a spot she can pull straight through on.  She's parked next to me a couple times and pretty much parks on the line next to my drivers side, leaving her a ton of space to get out while I can barely get in my car.  

I don't mind apartment living, aside from **** like this.  I'm not on the first floor so I'm happy about that.  The old place I was living in was built like a bomb shelter, couldn't hear anyone doing anything in there, it was great.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Cro magnon sex

Sometimes, despite your better nature, some situations just force you to be an asshole, if you want to reach a satisfactory result. I don't like it when it comes to my neighbors, but some people just subconsciously don't respond (or worse, outright do not respect) to politeness, if it's rampant, and a direct approach has the chance to be more successful. Let the chips fall where they may.

I swear we was just in here a couple days ago with people talking about how Kate Upton ain't all that and a bag of potatoe chips, blee blee blee, blah blah blah.  Listen, that woman pulls you close and tells you to take to take her to the river and drop her in the water, you billy bass that ass and let her take you to ihop in the morning for breakfast.  You will never forgive yourself for saying "sorry, I think your an airhead." STFU and put some more air in that head.

Archived