Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcusdipaola/status/1041441443892654083

WTF is WRONG with people? 

I’d jail the btard owners on their return if I could. For a LONG time.

Hail. 

From that twitter thread:

Story updated today that the owner also had to be rescued due to a medical emergency. Conclusions are easy to jump to but why don't we wait a tick before jumping on someone in trouble.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Forgive me for having little sympathy. 

I mean its not like there was a slew of advance warning of the inpending storms to give you the time to uncage your animals from its path or anything .....

Hail.

I've said this here before. It's problematic that people could care less about other people and care more about animals. 

Lots of dog lovers here, but keep things in perspective. 

What's the address 

There's also a special place in he'll for these people too. That entire wall of comments is mother****ing pathetic.

The mistake here is not evacuating, and in all honesty,  it everyone can just up and leave at a moments notice. In all likelihood, the homeowner chose to stay with their animals, and when they had to get rescued, they were probably told that manpower could not be spared for them (if they were conscious).

It's horrible, but it doesn't give people the right to show their asses like that. **** them.

25 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I've said this here before. It's problematic that people could care less about other people and care more about animals. 

Lots of dog lovers here, but keep things in perspective. 

Other people can speak for themselves.  The animals can't.  There are plenty of groups to help the people down on their luck. Not enough for the animals.  

And most animals make a lot better friends.

Edit:  and pretty sure you meant people couldn't care less.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Plenty of people cannot , or are afraid to speak for themselves, for whatever reason. It isn't an either/or thing. Compassion for a living being shouldn't need to come with some ridiculous qualifier about what kind of friend it can be to you.

People can, it just me be extremely difficult.  Animals are completely incapable. And there isn't a qualifier about the type of friend.  Some of us choose to speak for those that struggle to speak for themselves.  Others choose to speaker for those that absolutely can't.  Doesn't make one better or worse than the other.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Other people can speak for themselves.  The animals can't.  There are plenty of groups to help the people down on their luck. Not enough for the animals.  

And most animals make a lot better friends.

Edit:  and pretty sure you meant people couldn't care less.

I generally dislike most people and I think the love for animals over people is out of whack. There was a hurricane that devastated an island and there was like a thing to evacuate the island’s canines. My wife’s POS aunt has one of them. She could care less about the people on the island. 

I've tried to avoid getting into the middle of this one, ya'll still going strong.  I can't pick saving an animal over a human, and if you can't handle the responsibility of having an animal, you shouldn't have one.  It's not always easy when you barely have the have the resources to take care of yourself, but if you love them like you supposed to you wouldn't do that, I don't care how much money you have or don't have.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I've tried to avoid getting into the middle of this one, ya'll still going strong.  I can't pick saving an animal over a human, and if you can't handle the responsibility of having an animal, you shouldn't have one.  It's not always easy when you barely have the have the resources to take care of yourself, but if you love them like you supposed to you wouldn't do that, I don't care how much money you have or don't have.

Ha, yeah. I try not to as well. In this life you’re either Sarah Mclachlan or Michael Vick. 

Me? I love animals enough to know that I don’t want to spend my time taking care of one, walking behind it picking up its ****. Spending my money on keeping it alive and well.

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

There's a special place in Hell for people like that....

Technically, animals have no souls so I don’t think God counts that for or against any more than proxy killing cows and chickens for food.

8 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I generally dislike most people and I think the love for animals over people is out of whack. There was a hurricane that devastated an island and there was like a thing to evacuate the island’s canines. My wife’s POS aunt has one of them. She could care less about the people on the island. 

Was there not like a thing to evacuate the islands people?

I generally dislike people also.  If I was the only rescuing at all and it was between a person and an animal, I would save the person (probably).  But if there are people helping people, then some people need to be helping the animal. 

Side story.  My vet makes everyone sign a thing saying if there is a storm or something and your pet is there boarding, you have to come get your pet a day or two before.  He said he was on a team after Katrina that went in and tried finding and helping animals.  Said he went into several boarding places and found crates full of dead animals that had starved to death.  Didn't want that to happen on his watch.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Is the movie itself worth watching? Love the originals. After my girlfriend's last movie pick(Nun) bombed, I get next pick.

No, I'm talking about the original.  No chance I'm watching the new one.

The new one doesn't have any star power, there's no one as good as Schwarzenegger.  Even the others in the original like Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura are awesome.  There's no one I'd pay to see in the new one.

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, the end of Predator is awesome.

Preach, sir.  The third act of Predator, Arnold vs crab-face, is one of the best moments of 80s action. 

Did you happen to be watching it last night?  I saw it on STARZ or Showtime last night and I tuned in for a bit before I fell asleep LOL

1 minute ago, Chew said:

Preach, sir.  The third act of Predator, Arnold vs crab-face, is one of the best moments of 80s action. 

Did you happen to be watching it last night?  I saw it on STARZ or Showtime last night and I tuned in for a bit before I fell asleep LOL

Nah, I've got it on the apple tv here while I'm doing some work.  

80s action flicks with Arnold or Sylvester.  Can't make em like that anymore.

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

We had this exact same debate a couple of years ago when Kool Blue was an active RTT poster.  My stance then was that a human life is more important than an animals life.  I still believe that today, however, there is no reason to keep ones pets locked inside a house, chained up outdoors, etc. and left behind for dead.  If you can't take them with you, ask another evacuee to take them.  At least then they can live. 

With that said though, my first priority is making sure my family is safe.  My family includes my daughter, wife and dogs.   If I had to evacuate, I'm already taking minimal supplies and leaving a lot of **** behind.  I'd definitely take our small safe that has all our important legal documents, my guns and ammo, canned food/water/etc., camping stove, propane, couple days worth of clothes, etc.  

So I'd probably have room enough in our vehicles for additional passengers.  But to be perfectly honest, there is a strong probability that if I don't know you and have never seen you before, you're probably not getting in my car anyhow (pets or no pets).  Too many ****ty people out there that do horrible things to others has left me with little trust for strangers, crisis or no crisis.  Part of me thinks I would try to help because that is my natural instinct, but honestly, I'm not sure.  I hope I'm never in a situation like that.

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So I'd probably have room enough in our vehicles for additional passengers.  But to be perfectly honest, there is a strong probability that if I don't know you and have never seen you before, you're probably not getting in my car anyhow (pets or no pets).  Too many ****ty people out there that do horrible things to others has left me with little trust for strangers, crisis or no crisis.  Part of me thinks I would try to help because that is my natural instinct, but honestly, I'm not sure.  I hope I never have to face stuff like this.

Same, and this is where the government should be stepping in so we don't have to make choices like that.  Katrina new orleans changed their mind on busing people out in mass and time they realized super dome fiasco was that, buses were underwater.

Archived