Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Same, and this is where the government should be stepping in so we don't have to make choices like that.  Katrina new orleans changed their mind on busing people out in mass and time they realized super dome fiasco was that, buses were underwater.

Exactly.  I should add that my wife and I are very alert people and pay attention to whats going on around us.  I can say with 100% certainty that if we were in a situation where evacuation was even a mild possibility, we would already be prepared to lock up the house and hit the road in a minutes notice (talking most of the supplies already packed up in the cars and the others already gathered waiting to be loaded).  

And we wouldn't try to sit/wait out **** either, we would already be evacuating or out of there so most likely wouldn't be faced with making choices like that anyhow.  

41 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No, I'm talking about the original.  No chance I'm watching the new one.

The new one doesn't have any star power, there's no one as good as Schwarzenegger.  Even the others in the original like Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura are awesome.  There's no one I'd pay to see in the new one.

I'll check the new one out. 

Conan made him a name...it didnt make Arnold a star. 

Heck, Ryan Gosling wasn't a star when he did that movie ..UGH... the one with Denzel. 

He was in the crew on Disney with 3 stars that grew bigger before him. 

It still took a minute for him. 

32 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

And we wouldn't try to sit/wait out **** either, we would already be evacuating or out of there so most likely wouldn't be faced with making choices like that anyhow.  

So many family members reached out to make sure I was safe. If it hit where I live... then I deserve the demise. 

If I was anywhere near the coast... I would have easily rolled out to TN and just visit my folks. 

Inland, like we are, I felt pretty comfortable about it and just wanted to get stuff, in case the power went out. 

Ya, most of my NC family and peeps are in Charlotte area, but checked in a couple of them anyway. In my eye, if government issues a mandatory evacuation, they need to be responsible for making sure everyone that doesn't have somewhere to go or way how to get out does.  We can go back and forth on the role of government, this one I feel is non-negotiable considering we are a superpower.  Our international response to natural disasters should never look better then our responses to American territories.

7 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

So many family members reached out to make sure I was safe. If it hit where I live... then I deserve the demise. 

If I was anywhere near the coast... I would have easily rolled out to TN and just visit my folks. 

Inland, like we are I felt pretty comfortable about it and just wanted to get stuff in case the power went out. 

Yep.  Same here bro.  The absolute worst we would have had it would have been comparable to when Hugo hit.  Granted it did destroy some homes and power was out for 2 weeks, flood damage, etc.  But being so far inland, it's a risk to take and the odds are greatly in our favor that any damage, issues would be minimal.  

Not to mention, we kept in touch and you know your boy got your back if you were without power, etc.  #TazeHurricaneParty

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Ya, most of my NC family and peeps are in Charlotte area, but checked in a couple of them anyway. In my eye, if government issues a mandatory evacuation, they need to be responsible for making sure everyone that doesn't have somewhere to go or way how to get out does.  We can go back and forth on the role of government, this one I feel is non-negotiable considering we are a superpower.  Our international response to natural disasters should never look better then our responses to American territories.

When you coming down to Charlotte to grab some beers with me and Kosh?

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, most of my NC family and peeps are in Charlotte area, but checked in a couple of them anyway.

In my eye, if government issues a mandatory evacuation, they need to be responsible for making sure everyone that doesn't have somewhere to go or way how to get out does.  We can go back and forth on the role of government, this one I feel is non-negotiable considering we are a superpower.  Our international response to natural disasters should never look better then our responses to American territories.

You started out so well on this one. Then it went left. 

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

When you coming down to Charlotte to grab some beers with me and Kosh?

Masters starts in October, need to feel out that workload before making a commitment.  Forcing one out of town trip a month, like the idea of early November, we overdue.

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Not to mention, we kept in touch and you know your boy got your back if you were without power, etc.  #TazeHurricaneParty

They were selling generators on the side of the road. I felt pretty good about buying a 30 dollar propane ??? I don't even know what to call it...grill? 

No need for it, but now I have it. I figure I'll use it like a flashlight...if I need it. 

I could take it back though...Nope. 

15 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

You started out so well on this one. Then it went left. 

Can't agree on everything, you think government shouldn't make sure everyone should have a last resort option if government is telling them they have to leave?  I know plenty if people in norfolk that would be screwed because they don't have means to drive or get a hotel , let alone family out the area.

We were all over Haiti and the Indian Ocean Tsunami, looking at New Orleans and Puerto Rico, how am I supposed to feel about that?  

Oh my goodness, NOT IN THIS THREAD. 

MoCo...is that you ? If so you have done well. Still don't know when to let it go though. 

Not to mention, I hate when folks tell me what I think. I say what I say... 

I think  some folks that post are trying to grab attention at every turn. 

Are you one of them? 

Maybe I should start a poll...

48 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Oh my goodness, NOT IN THIS THREAD. 

MoCo...is that you ? If so you have done well. Still don't know when to let it go though. 

Not to mention, I hate when folks tell me what I think. I say what I say... 

I think  some folks that post are trying to grab attention at every turn. 

Are you one of them? 

Maybe I should start a poll...

If you were more specific about what you disagreed with I could've given a more specific response, I can't read your mind, either.  I don't need anyones attention when stating my opinion, if someone responds to me, I respond back, that's the pattern, full stop. 

Just now, Chew said:

@Dont Taze Me Bro You guys got any flooding issues, man?

Nah bro, we all good.  The only issue we had was the dog refusing to go to the bathroom for 4+ hours during all the rain Sunday :ols:  He wanted to play in the rain and got distracted.  We even put down 16 of those puppy pee pads in the garage, made a big square and he refused to go there too.  

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Nah bro, we all good.  The only issue we had was the dog refusing to go to the bathroom for 4+ hours during all the rain Sunday :ols:  He wanted to play in the rain and got distracted.  We even put down 16 of those puppy pee pads in the garage, made a big square and he refused to go there too.  

Pee indoors? He's not an animal. 

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Bwaaaha.  That's good to hear.  If he won't poo, might be time to get a q-tip and some Vaseline....

I'm pretty sure the house I rented in Fayetteville years ago is under water

17 minutes ago, Chew said:

Bwaaaha.  That's good to hear.  If he won't poo, might be time to get a q-tip and some Vaseline....

I'm pretty sure the house I rented in Fayetteville years ago is under water

Likely. My uncle used to be stationed there, and the street he lived on is flooded. Fayetteville got hit hard.

Not much went down where my aunt is in Gastonia, thankfully 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Likely. My uncle used to be stationed there, and the street he lived on is flooded. Fayetteville got hit hard.

Not much went down where my aunt is in Gastonia, thankfully 

"Da Gas House!"  :headbang:

my roomie was from Dayton, OH but his dad lived in Gastonia.  he'd come home on a Friday like "aiight, Chewie.  I'ma holla at you later.  Bout to hit the Gas House....gonna holla at my pops and I got me a lil' freak out there talkin' all nasty."  :rofl89:

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Pee indoors? He's not an animal. 

Mofo had no issues grudge pissing on the rug cause he hates the hair dryer after getting a bath.  Seriously though, it was pouring rain outside, puddled up.  Wife took him out anyhow in both the front and backyard and he wouldn't go.  But as soon as he was back in the house, he would go straight to the door and start pawing at it to go out along with some whining/barking.  Little guy just wouldn't do the deed.  

We tried the garage too, with those puppy pads, he had no interest either.  Even tried opening the garage door so he felt outside, no luck.  He finally went after 4+ hours of trying, out in the backyard.  

That's why dogs amaze me.  If you don't let them out when they need to go, they have no problem just crapping or pissing in the living room or kitchen floor.  Hurricane/tropical storm, they just want to play in the rain and wont go.  You would think after a while of holding it, they would care less about just going on pads in garage.  

Archived