Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

7 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Well, it's not the driver's fault that the food sucked, if it's any consolation?

Nope. No consolation :( . Its been bone chilling cold up here the last few days, average night temp well below freezing. Had to get in a frozen car, because initially i was told they were waiting for me at the driveway entrance. Wasnt there, so I called the place, and they said the driver was lost.

So after several increasingly frustrating calls (and finally calling her myself), I end up driving through the neighborhood to see if I can find her, and she's off in the Upside Down and ****, claiming she's at my driveway, when in reality she's miles away.

Then I wait some more (and get close to that Kill Bill siren going off) 

Then I have to give turn by turn directions (this, after giving directions when I made the order due to gps issues when turning onto my street) because she legit wasn't paying attention and reading the roads she was driving on, and was dumbfounded when I tried to ask her where she was and how she got there, so I could redirect her

Then I wait some more

Then she calls back and asks me again how to get there (You'd think she was trying to get to the island in LOST)

Then her car started acting up

Then she finally gets there, and apologizes profusely, and I am gracious and say something like "Well im just glad you made it and everythings okay", while in my mind, I was saying in a Dave Chappelle voice, "**** thats what happens when you buy a gps from 7-11"

Getting lost on my street is one thing (past a certain point it is declared private property, and literally disappears on most standard joe schmo systems). That **** will damn near reroute you to the north pole. But she got lost on the way to my street. With largely a straight shot, plus a couple turns. Unfortunately I had already paid up front, otherwise I'd have let her ass stay lost.

Then the food was bad.

Then the Canes made me sad

Just a cosmically preordained series of unfortunate events to put a bow on 2017.

2018 will be better though. Can't get any worse than 2017, unless I drop dead

On 12/18/2017 at 2:17 AM, Monk4thaHALL said:

You should probably take your boys to an ASU basketball game sometime this year. Apparently they have a decent squad. 

Waaayyy late on this. Actually taking them to watch the Suns next Sunday against Oklahoma. Never been to an NBA game but my youngest has become a fan and enjoys playing basketball at school. 

Happy New Year! In the midst of the 38-10 ass whooping by the Cowboys when what's his name was returning the punt to the house I spontaneously turned off the TV and decided to get myself off the narcotic and haven't watched Redskins football since. Such a great past few weeks.

Wiz and Caps are too interesting to waste time on those losers.

Me, preparing for bed: "Hmm...wonder when the snow's gonna start melting around here.

[Average high/low temperature in Harrisburg area from Tuesday through Friday: 22/9]

[The usual average in January for Harrisburg area: 37.5/23.1]

[20 percent chance of snow Thursday]

Picked a great time to move up here, I did. 

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

Me, preparing for bed: "Hmm...wonder when the snow's gonna start melting around here.

[Average high/low temperature in Harrisburg area from Tuesday through Friday: 22/9]

[The usual average in January for Harrisburg area: 37.5/23.1]

[20 percent chance of snow Thursday]

Picked a great time to move up here, I did. 

My hometown is Williamsport, I talked to my aunt, uncle, and cousin today, cousin's birthday today. They have cold weather but no snow. 

Glad I don't live in Erie! Five feet already, won't melt until July, says my uncle.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Happy New Year, ES Family. How’s everyone doing with the first day back to work/school/such? My siblings and their S/O’s and our many house guests left today, so i guess the holiday season is officially over. Anyone else get a little sad when it ends and reality sets back in? 

Nah, it just gives me something to look forward to at the end of this year and the year after.  

Archived