Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I got ya. Locked and loaded—do I send it to "lisa T's gift registry"?

maybe?  I honestly have no idea how she did the creation so that it would deliver to us instead of delivering to whoever bought it then having to have it shipped to us

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

My chem class grade was off so I contacted my professor and it turns out one of my assignments was graded as zero. I got a 98% on it. So I’m really relieved because I was wondering why my grade was so low. 

Be glad you were able to reach your professor.  Aren't you out on holiday break now?

This fruit fast thing feels unhealthy as ****.  

My sister and aunt swear by it, but I've been doing this for the better part of two weeks (took christmas and day after off lightly), but my body is yelling at me nonstop and working out is not going well.  Been doing a lot of reading, this is meant for detox, not weight loss. I don't care if I get looked at as a quitter, I'm not fat and I'm not desperate.  Going to look into a nutritionist and doing more cardio, how am I going to be happy with what i got if I'm not even happy with my own body or any progress I've made with it?

@TryTheBeal!  Question about playing guitar since I know you can shred.  I bought an electric guitar about 10 years ago, tried to teach myself and failed.  I have big hands and found it extremely difficult to be able to play a lot of chords because I couldn't position my fingers right without having to cramp them up where it felt unnatural.  I realized that I would never be able to play/learn anything.  So it got packed in storage 9 years ago.

Now after doing some research I've actually read that they make guitars where you can have a bigger neck and the strings spaced out more (or the frets? or both?).  Anyhow, I have no desire to purchase another guitar, also being a lefty limits me as there seems to be limited stock at stores and I don't want to have to pay a lot of money (knowing nothing about guitars, I wouldn't be able to just shop online for one).

anyhow, I heard that playing bass was easier (depending on the type of music you play) because you can go with a 4 string and the frets and neck are larger.  Is that true?  And if so, what would you recommend for someone starting out that knows nothing about playing?  

Yes!  Playing bass is a piece of cake to start...gets harder when you get to "Disposable Heroes".  :ols::headbang:

I was playing "Living After Midnight" about an hour after I got my first one.  

...sorry, I know you didn't ask me, but thought I'd throw that in there.  I was a piano player since 7, but a 6-string gave me fits, so I got a bass.

Archived