Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

29 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Mucinex. I consulted for the Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (LRRI) in ABQ, they conducted tests on Mucinex. The gal i was working with said it really works. My doctor said to take if needed, even with my prescriptions that I am currently taking.

For real that's the name of it? Named after Linda? 

Walks away...

10 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Mucinex. I consulted for the Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (LRRI) in ABQ, they conducted tests on Mucinex. The gal i was working with said it really works. My doctor said to take if needed, even with my prescriptions that I am currently taking.

Good stuff.

Also, I can't stress enough EmergenC and/or Airborne. I take Airborne every day and haven't really been sick all year. Something to be avoided when one has diabetes.

Guaifenesin and dextromethorphan are the two active ingredients in Mucinex. Those two have been around in cough medicines since at least the 70s. “Mucinex” is just remarketing-selling an old drug under a new name. 

12 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Guaifenesin and dextromethorphan are the two active ingredients in Mucinex. Those two have been around in cough medicines since at least the 70s. “Mucinex” is just remarketing-selling an old drug under a new name. 

12 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I believe the formulation was changed to make it more effective.

I don't know about the regular Mucinex, but as far as Mucinex D goes, all the generic versions of the medication (and name brand - which have been out for years, as I was prescribed them as a child at age 11-12) were taken off the market by the FDA due to the medication being marketed to state extended relief (12 or 24 hours) and that was something never included in the original data to get approval (or something like that).  So that left only over the counter Mucinex D to get when prescribed by my doctor.

Only good thing about that is both of my prescribed meds (allegra and mucinex D) are both OTC, so I can just buy them and not have to go back to see an allergy MD anymore.  I know the dosage I was prescribed and on for 20+ years, just pick it up when I run out now.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.  For the first time in years, we had the most relaxing Christmas as a family.  Since I only had the weekend + yesterday off, we went back home Sunday and did Christmas with my MIL, SIL and BIL, then went to my parents and did Christmas with them and my mamaw.  I recorded the Skins game, got home around 5pm, and watched the game and enjoyed the gift of winning.

Then yesterday, even though I went to bed at 2:30 am, got up around 7am, went downstairs with the wife, Tazette soon joined us, we did gifts.  Then I took a nap until 11:00.  Chilled all day, playing Mario Kart on the Switch with Tazette.  Watched some football, crashed at 9:30 pm (all of us downstairs, girls on the sectional sofa, me in the recliner and The Dude in his crate).  Slept until 9 am and feel 100% refreshed.  

About 2 weeks ago, wife and I (thinking Tazette knew Santa wasn't real and only playing along) asked her about it and based off her reaction and what she said, she gave every indication she knew Santa wasn't real.  Then we say it and evidently, she didn't know.  She said I crushed her soul and then started referring to me as The Crusher of Souls.  I am still not convinced that she didn't know or at minimum knew it in her mind and just didn't want to have it confirmed.  

Anyhow, we got her a Nintendo Switch and because my parents got her some games for it, had to let her open it at their house on Christmas Eve, right before she opened those games.  Her reaction was priceless, she screamed in joy, her eyes the size of half dollars, she starts immediately thanking me, giving me hugs and kisses, telling me I'm the best dad, etc.  She said it was the best Christmas ever, even if I was the crusher of souls a week or so earlier :ols:

Completely made my year watching her open that gift.  

that is hilarious!!! :)

my youngest daughter has adopted the "crusher of souls" motif for years.

she wants a kitten, BAD.  I mean really really really bad.   But i had her tested and she very very allergic.  It breaks her little heart.

But we were at target last week, and she begged and begged and begged to go next door to Petsmart just to SEE the kittens.... and of course, God's greatest kitten in the history of the universe was in there.   

cute

as

hell

tilting her head back and forth to seduce us.  Purring, even though she was behind bars, licking my daughter's hand through the bars.  Mewing and looking up at us to say "pwease take me home and rescue me from these bad people, they beat me every night..."

yBnWJ.jpg

But... I looked away so my daughter couldn't see my face... and gave a low, steady, firm anwer: 

No, we cannot get that kitten.

See the source image  

my daughter was crestfallen.   but she didn't argue, or complain or beg.  She just looked at me, for a long long long long time

sad-girl-face-with-black-background-53.jpg

and then, in a low quiet voice, she asked if she coul borrow my phone, so she could take a picture, so she could always remember "the greatest kitten in the history of the world"

My daughter is a crappy photographer, so the picture was pure crap.  a blurry shot.   no good.   and i won;t bother to show it.    

But when i got home the answering machine light was blinking..... 

" Hello... is yowr  wefwigerwater wunning....?

It is??       

Well  you  bettewr  go outside and catch it...... 

.. and when you catch it, beat it with a stick.  Crwush it.  shattewr it.    Destrwoy it.   

Cwrush its little soul,  like you have crwushed my soul.   

good bye

we never spoke of the kitten again.  

Archived