Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

How much for a clothed portrait of me and my wife ? 

I'll send you a picture. 

Are you being serious? You can pm me a few pics and I will let you know. I would not charge a fellow ESer for anything above cost of canvas and shipping. I'm still trying to figure out if Elessar really wanted a painting of Fenis, or if he was just making a dick joke....

10 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Are you being serious? You can pm me a few pics and I will let you know. I would not charge a fellow ESer for anything above cost of canvas and shipping. I'm still trying to figure out if Elessar really wanted a painting of Fenis, or if he was just making a dick joke....

Sorry, originally it  WAS dick joke. But you were really sincere about making a painting that I went along—wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have orig art in the house. If you moved ahead I was going to offer to pay you for it. 

The art theme for our house are paintings, photos, objects (tiles, plates, keepsakes) of the places we have  traveled to or where our family has traveled. I like the wall hangings to have a story. My favorite gift this year was my wife framed a photo from the Alhambra in Spain—it's one of the most beautiful buildings/places I've ever seen in person. The only other place I feel that way about is Yosemite.

We went as a family to the south of France 2 years ago but I don't have anything up from that trip yet. 

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I loved the Alhambra. What other places did you go to in Spain, and which cities in the south of France?

Malaga, Valencia, Barcelona

We were in a small village called St. Front sur LeMance and we did a bunch of day trips. Castles in the area, to Lascaux to see the cave paintings, 

One day can I just get something decent and not have to drive way out to get it or go get it then cook it.

Ordered some chicken curry, and even after giving directions, the driver got hilariously lost. Had to direct them back to planet Earth, then go out and meet them because their car started to have trouble.

Then the food was bad. Chicken was on the dry side, and it tasted like they just dumped an entire truckload of salt into it.

Just wish I hadn't tipped with the card. I never do that. That's what I get.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Have y’all seen those Chinese cell phones? There are some cool as ones. And cheap too. Saw some Chinese student pull out his phone go over a disclosure agreement and he hovered it over it and it immediately converted the text to mandarin. I haven’t seen that anywhere. 

Where do you find em?

28 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Have y’all seen those Chinese cell phones? There are some cool as ones. And cheap too. Saw some Chinese student pull out his phone go over a disclosure agreement and he hovered it over it and it immediately converted the text to mandarin. I haven’t seen that anywhere. 

That's been around for about 10 years now. They're pretty cool. 

Archived