Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My boss comes into my office every morning and asks, "What's new?".

Im not really sure how to answer this. Is he asking if there's anything new in my life? Not really, it's the same routine pretty much every morning. Is he asking what I'm working on that day? 

It's made more awkward because after I give a response then he'll ask, "What else is new?"

I don't get the vibe that he's asking about status of projects. Just a bit socially awkward. 

My mornings are usually pretty routine and I don't want to sound flippant and tell him I had coffee and dropped off the kids at daycare.

Anyway, I got nothing. Help.

21 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Im not really sure how to answer this. Is he asking if there's anything new in my life? Not really, it's the same routine pretty much every morning. Is he asking what I'm working on that day? 

It's made more awkward because after I give a response then he'll ask, "What else is new?"

I don't get the vibe that he's asking about status of projects. Just a bit socially awkward. 

My mornings are usually pretty routine and I don't want to sound flippant and tell him I had coffee and dropped off the kids at daycare.

Sounds like he might be attracted to you, and you might have accidentally given off a gay vibe that he picked up on

Or he thinks you're a snitch, and is probing you

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sounds like he might be attracted to you, and you might have accidentally given off a gay vibe that he picked up on

Or he thinks you're a snitch, and is probing you

Wow. I'm not sure he'd like to probe me.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Just give two answers, one vague regarding personal life and one regarding work/projects.  

Example, "Same ole, same ole.  Kids are getting big and wearing me and the wife out.  Right now I'm just working on (insert project name), trying to get it knocked out.  How's everything going with you boss?"

Charles Barkley bucket list includes killing Skip Bayless on Live TV...

Charles Barkley appeared on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday and ramped it up a few notches in his hatred of Skip Bayless.

"You know what we should do for ratings? If I get a disease and I'm going to die, how about you get Skip Bayless in here, and I'll kill him live on national television."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/charles-barkley’s-bucket-list-includes-killing-skip-bayless-on-live-tv/ar-BByHvwZ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

>> I would miss work to see this...heck, they could put on Pay Per View.......

As much as I enjoy some of Barkley's comments. I sometimes tire of his bull****. Dude gives zero ****s and just says whatever he wants and receives zero accountability for his actions. Literally no one else can get away with saying that because TNT will allow Barkley to ramble on their network for as long as he can string words together in a sentence. 

7 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I would keep CNN up on your phone. Just literally read him a headline verbatim each time he asks what's new. 

Just now, dfitzo53 said:

I would keep CNN up on your phone. Just literally read him a headline verbatim each time he asks what's new. 

Scratch that, make it some crappy local affiliate. 

"What's new?"

"Boy, 3, accidentally swallows father's LEGO Han Solo."

"What else is new?"

"Escaped llama surprises churchgoers."

7 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Be like, "You know Ned, new things don't happen with me on a daily basis.  If I ever start visiting a different island erday like ya boy D0uble, then I'll definitely let ya know."

Then shoot the question back.  What's new?  Then ask again after he tells you that he bought Aquafresh instead of Crest last night, be like AND WHAT ELSE IS NEW?

Sometimes you gotta give dat medicine back to make people realize they annoying.

Why do companies think it's a good idea to have nothing in their commercials but the sound of typing keys? Even if someone is talking, no one wants to hear typing keys. That has to be one of the most annoying sounds in the world. Yet you see commercials with that sound. I just reach for the remote and turn the channel or hit mute. I can't stand that sound.

Archived