Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

59 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I asked this in the PS4 thread as well...but...Any PS4 players notice any online gaming lag since the 4.5 Update?

I haven't noticed any at all.  Is it specific to one game or is it all games you play online?  

Edit:  are you playing wireless or wired connection, or using any powerline adapters or wireless points, boosters, etc.?

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I haven't noticed any at all.  Is it specific to one game or is it all games you play online?  

Edit:  are you playing wireless or wired connection, or using any powerline adapters or wireless points, boosters, etc.?

To be honest, I haven't really noticed it much...just once in a long while. 

Here's how this came about. The PS4 players of Valkyrie started noticing lagging after update 4.5. So we started doing ping tests. The latency was higher then any other thing connected by Wi-Fi  (PCs and Cell phones). It was also higher then some had before the update. So now we have been wondering if it is just the PS4s all over the world, if Xbox has a higher ping time as well, and how noticeable is it.

Me personally, I don't notice any lag, and a 140-150ms ping time seems normal to me. But curious as to what others are getting, especially Xbox players.

36 minutes ago, Xameil said:

To be honest, I haven't really noticed it much...just once in a long while. 

Here's how this came about. The PS4 players of Valkyrie started noticing lagging after update 4.5. So we started doing ping tests. The latency was higher then any other thing connected by Wi-Fi  (PCs and Cell phones). It was also higher then some had before the update. So now we have been wondering if it is just the PS4s all over the world, if Xbox has a higher ping time as well, and how noticeable is it.

Me personally, I don't notice any lag, and a 140-150ms ping time seems normal to me. But curious as to what others are getting, especially Xbox players.

It might be game specific then.  I've played the same game (Rainbow 6 Siege) on both the Xbox One and PS4 and have had no sign of lag on either of them.  Just read your post in the game thread, were you wanting us to use the web browser in the console to do a ping test?  For those of us with both consoles, I'd imagine we would get the same ping (or close to it) since they would be using the same internet connection.

Edit:  I just did a test on both consoles for you and posted in the gaming thread.

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

Hey, if it's puffy enough, you can hide a serious stash in there.:ols:

I usually wear a hat when things get to this point, but I hadn't planned on going to the store when I left the apartment this morning.  It's warm here today, so I had my window down and my shower hair quickly became an insanity hairdo.  

Don't think they were worried about me stealing anything.  They were just making sure I stayed away from small children. :ols:

24 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

:rofl89:Hahahaha!  I'm like the whitest dude in here.  I got the white man fro.  The curls grow out and up.  

You should just get cornrows so you look more sharp and professional.  Or just have fun with it : )

Image result for white cornrows

Archived