Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

35 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I had never heard of her until the Stern controversy, and he didn't really mock her either. The story came up in the news feed, there was the sound effect of a gunshot (pretty standard fare for every story read on the show involving gunfire), and when Stern asked who she was and was told she was a Tejano singer, he said he hated Tejano music. All pretty innocuous stuff until somebody decided it was outrageous and blew it way out of proportion.

Were you around when he called Air Florida and asked for a one-way ticket to the 14th St. bridge?  My parents had won a contest...weekend at the Hilton on the river...bro, sis, and I were home watching the whole thing happen, knowing our parents could see it going down waaaaaayyyyy closer than we were.  I was listening when he did it, and my teenage inner sense of "Right & Wrong With Howard Stern" said, "OK, not a good thing, dude...people died."

(I will, however, defend Bill Maher until the end of time.  His assertion was absolutely correct, and as a veteran listening when he said it, agreed with him...I think I might've even clapped my hands.)

Agreed, I don't think he was knocking her, just her people.  (Same difference,:huh: but things were a whole lot different then.) 

Hubby & I had this conversation last night...how 25 years ago, worrying about your son wearing his mom's shoes was "something to keep an eye on".  (His great-niece may like girls, and that has her dad (his nephew) tee-totally freaked out...I'm like, "Settle down.  I said SETTLE!", ...almost everyone thinks I look like Cheri O'Teri, so I do her imitations every so often...:ols:

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Missed the playoffs of our volleyball league by one game. No repeat championship. :( Probably for the best, I've got injured wrist and knee that could use healing.

****. Now how you going to explain why you wearing knee pads at home when your "volleyball team" is over?

Sometimes this thread has a little too much TMI!  :814:

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Were you around when he called Air Florida and asked for a one-way ticket to the 14th St. bridge?  My parents had won a contest...weekend at the Hilton on the river...bro, sis, and I were home watching the whole thing happen, knowing our parents could see it going down waaaaaayyyyy closer than we were.  I was listening when he did it, and my teenage inner sense of "Right & Wrong With Howard Stern" said, "OK, not a good thing, dude...people died."

(I will, however, defend Bill Maher until the end of time.  His assertion was absolutely correct, and as a veteran listening when he said it, agreed with him...I think I might've even clapped my hands.)

I was on my way to college, second time around for my paralegal degree. Stern is really good at interviewing people, but the Air Florida call was too much. I stopped listening to him for a bunch of years, maybe a decade.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Sometimes this thread has a little too much TMI!  :814:

You started it. Here I thought you were just a radical feminist without laughter. 

You knew all the rest of us were jerks. 

Glad you joined the party ...jerk. 

Not a circle jerk you freaks. 

Whatever happened to her...and what ever happened to parties like this ? Folks just hanging out having a good time without acting a fool ? 

The cameo appearances in the video make it better than the song. However, her flow was pretty strong back then especially. 

25 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Okay, you all lost me with the hip hop! 

The typical Friday night music thread gets caught up with oldies. I love both threads. 

So... someone decided to make this place a "special" on Friday night for rap music. 

Just to be silly ( I guess), and also because we don't post as many videos as some of those cats in the other thread. 

Listen to the lyrics and meaning of the rhymes. I do the same type of thing with all genres. With heavier rock though...I need the punch. 

I need something to do this weekend. Final Four is something I can see wherever I am. 

Maybe drive out to see my folks or go to DC and act a fool...then again, I should stay home and relax for a few days since I was feeling like garbage until last night. Supposed to go to a dinner tonight with some friends, I declined a few days ago. Feeling a lot better today, things may have changed...plus the wife is out of town for a baby shower. 

I do have a question or few for the ladies... Is there a dress code for baby showers ? She seemed to think there was, I thought that it sounded absurd. 

Fluffy dress type of thing ? My wife in a dress is a rarity. She is a jeans and rock star type of dress style...or someone that just left the gym.

I think if any of my friends invited me to either a baby shower or a gender reveal... I would decline. Geez, she just went to that party about a month ago. 

When did people start doing gender reveal parties ? That is exploitation. **** like that is why folks lose friends. 

There was a baby shower at work for the guy who works in the cubicle next to me. His wife came and there was a dept wide e-vite. I really like the guy, but I didn't go. I know this makes me a pig, but baby showers to me are a chick thing. I got roped into one at work years ago and just felt really stupid.

Archived