Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

5 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I would keep CNN up on your phone. Just literally read him a headline verbatim each time he asks what's new. 

Scratch that, make it some crappy local affiliate. 

"What's new?"

"Boy, 3, accidentally swallows father's LEGO Han Solo."

"What else is new?"

"Escaped llama surprises churchgoers."

You could go with a local one here that i heard on WTOP last night... "Deranged mother shoots teenage son dead after argument over video game."

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You could go with a local one here that i heard on WTOP last night... "Deranged mother shoots teenage son dead after argument over video game."

Why is it we never see "Reasonable mother shoots teenage son dead after argument over video game."?  The news is biased against deranged people and suppress the negative stories about what reasonable people do.

Going back to work this morning.  I hate how fast vacations feel.  Friggin' blinked and it's over.  At least I'll get home around noon today and won't have to work again 'til tomorrow afternoon.  Good 27 hour break.  Easing me back in.

Should be pretty chill until summer break.  I hear all these tales of Thanksgiving, Winter/Spring break being tough - and they are...but it's the summer that is the real showdown.  3 month long ****storm, 260 degrees outside.  Told myself I wouldn't do this again, but I've learned a lot since last summer.  Think I can get through it.  Hose nozzle on mist.

At 34, I don't really drink like that any more.  Have a beer or a cider or a shot maybe once every couple of weeks.  Having kids has a lot to do with that I'm sure.  Have to be present and full of mind and body.  Plus, I don't wanna die.  I fear my own mortality, and I get more and more reminders the older I get.

10 years ago, I drank to the point of massive hangover probably 4 times a week.  I smoked cigarettes, maybe a pack and a half a day.  I had been a daily weed smoker for somewhere about 5 years.

41 minutes ago, Springfield said:

At 34, I don't really drink like that any more.  Have a beer or a cider or a shot maybe once every couple of weeks.  Having kids has a lot to do with that I'm sure.  Have to be present and full of mind and body.  Plus, I don't wanna die.  I fear my own mortality, and I get more and more reminders the older I get.

10 years ago, I drank to the point of massive hangover probably 4 times a week.  I smoked cigarettes, maybe a pack and a half a day.  I had been a daily weed smoker for somewhere about 5 years.

Wait until you get to 65! The days fly by. I fill up my pill case every Sunday morning, and I can't believe that a week has gone by already.  

Mortality is a daily small thought. Yesterday was my late brother's birthday, he would have been 62. That's a reminder, big time.

16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Give this one a spin for Elton's 70th birthday.  Top notch!

My favorite song on this album! Thanks for posting!

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Anyone else find it weird that the president uses Twitter on a daily basis?  In general I find Twitter to be very impersonal and banal. I dunno, I guess that's modern society. 

He has millions of followers who lap up every word. It's the 21st Century version of the mega rally, and it's how he keeps his minions in line.

The sane among us need to figure out how to neutralize this particular media tool.

23 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So my restaurant got broken into last night...absolutely nothing stolen, just a glass door broken with a rock.  We've got 12 cameras, and we had the video edited and produced properly in about 10 minutes.:D 

Didn't you say you were high last night? Maybe got a little hungry? Maybe a little desperate when you drive there and forgot the keys to the building? Maybe found a rock? Maybe got inside and realized that firing up the deep fryer was too much work for someone so high?

Archived