Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX: Study: Men with beards are more attractive

China

8 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I'm half Italian.  

3 days of no shaving I get light stubble.   

But beyond that, heavy stubble/full beard does not look good on me.

Ya, I dont like how it looks on me, either, tried it.  My family liked it, but it was another thing I had to maintain and couldn't get the way I wanted in case you never know who you are going to meet.  I'm not married or at the "**** you, I'm growing a unix beard and you can't stop me" point in my life.

47 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Beards are great for covering up that double chin.

Or lack of a chin.  Or acne.  Lot of good reasons to grow a beard.

I've had a full beard for a couple of years.  It takes a little maintenance and scissor skill, but far less maintenance than staying clean shaven net-net.  I grew one because it just feels right and I think it makes me look better.

I did notice that people sometimes treat me differently after I grew it.  No joke, they trust you more.  Jesus and Santa Claus wore beards.  People think you're jolly and wise.  Definitely not every woman likes a beard, but you can tell by their initial reactions to meeting you when a beard does it for them.  I'm happily married but it's still feel good being noticed by women every once in a while.

16 minutes ago, twa said:

Why are these goatee people in a beard thread? :unsure:

Mine's getting so long it gets caught in my zipper

As you say that, I realise I have always imagined you as the baby in your profile pic lol. 

I will continue to do so as it amuses me, but will add the beard cause you cant take a mans beard from him. You just, cant. 

Well, we are half way there. For so long, clean shaven has been "in." Now beards are back, and we are half way to making my look back in style. All we need now is for the manly chest, aka one with hair, to come back in style and my wife will have to worry. 

Alas for now my wife still hates beards that I could grow in a week, and nobody else seems to think chest hair is sexy. So she still has a monopoly on liking my hairy, yetti like body. Nobody needs to question my testosterone levels.

4 hours ago, twa said:

Why are these goatee people in a beard thread? :unsure:

Mine's getting so long it gets caught in my zipper

Because stubble won and 10 days doesnt look the same on everyone? : )

I'm not gonna front, I'm a good looking dude and dont think it's to my advantage to hide it with a forest of fur.  I used to do that because I wanted people to leave me alone.

Heavy stubble I can pull off, but best results is what I'm doing.  Women like it more on me and I feel more professional at work.

Now that "full beard more likely to win competition for resources" thing, does anyone get that?  My initial reaction is if you are going into job interview dont go in looking like a lumberjack, but if you already successful nobody is going to care if you grow a beard.  That feels more like an improper correlation, and I'm sorry, but the duche with a full beard trend is seriously gaining steam (yall are are cool).  

41 minutes ago, gbear said:

Well, we are half way there. For so long, clean shaven has been "in." Now beards are back, and we are half way to making my look back in style. All we need now is for the manly chest, aka one with hair, to come back in style and my wife will have to worry. 

Alas for now my wife still hates beards that I could grow in a week, and nobody else seems to think chest hair is sexy. So she still has a monopoly on liking my hairy, yetti like body. Nobody needs to question my testosterone levels.

Chest hair?

Lycanthropy?

No beard for me. I'd look like somebody's worst Taliban nightmare 

On 11/15/2018 at 6:48 AM, twa said:

My wife hates mine, but it might grow on her in time.

It's only been 16 yrs or so since she threatened to cut me off if I didn't shave it. 

So twa hasn't had sex in 16 years.  That explains sooo much.

?

17 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Beards are gross and make eating an awful experience. 

Keep it clean shaven or a well kept stubble.

The hell are you talking about? Eating with beards is awesome. You always find a tasty morsel later in there that you can use as a quick snack.

Every man should grow a beard at some point in their life.  Yes, you'll probably look mangy at first and it will be uncomfortable and unfamiliar but then eventually you will get used to it and look like a king and women will subconsciously believe that your sperm is more motile and your woodworking and survivalism skills will increase several fold.

Archived