Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Buccaneers Prediction Thread: Is This The Countdown To Meltdown?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle in Tampa Bay?

• Washington Redskins
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • The extremely unlikely chance of a tie

I think Fitzpatrick will remember that he's Ryan Fitzpatrick. He'll throw a few INT's. I think the team will rebound but it'll be an ugly game. But, if we can't score on this defense, which has literally given up points at a record pace, then the season is over. Good guys win an ugly one.

Skins 27

Pewter Pirates 23

For those banking on Fitzpatrick's interceptions to win us the game, 2 sobering points to consider...

1.  Him throwing multiple picks a game hasn't kept him from still putting a ton of points on the board.  It doesnt faze him or cause the offense to start playing conservative.

2.  Despite our defense gifting the offense with multiple turnover opportunities this season, they really haven't done ANYTHING to capitalize on them or get points from them.

Long story short:  Yeah, Fitzpatrick will probably throw a pick or 2, but that's probably not going to change the outcome.  Lots of points for Tampa Bay, and an inability of the Skins to keep up and answer.

The Bucs are #1 in the league in passing yards per game and they are pretty decent against the run (15th).  We can't take advantage of their poor pass defense because we are one of the worst passing offenses in the league.

Their offense is as potent as any we have played this year, yes they turn the ball over but we do not convert turnover's into points so this is an easy pick for me.

Tampa - 34

Redskins - 10

24-17 Bucs. We will get our patented 1st half 1 Td and a Fg  but will be stifled the rest of the game except a rare late TD in garbage time. Fitz and co will have a coming out party against the D as the will emulate what Alanta and N.O. figured out about this defense. like the OP stated, it seemed as if they knew what our play was going to be in the run game and Smith will be Smith as usual which combined with our lackluster WR who, when the ball finally makes it in their direction they will drop it. Hail or is it Hell

14 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

He targeted this young unproven Harris.. a WR.. 12 times last game? He doesn't avoid the better WRs he's had, few as they may be, over the years. 

There's plenty enough criticism that Smith deserves. NO need to get creative about more, lol. 

Well, I do not need to be 'creative', but i'll play your silly game.

Yes, he caught 10 balls last week, targeted 12 times.

The game before, 2.

The game before that? 3

The game before that? 3

The game before that? 3

He has a total of 21 catches on 29 targets. That's roughly 72% catch rate. Nothing to write home about but not absolutely horrible either, but some of these opponents had bad defenses, but that's a horse of a different color.

There's already a thread for Smith and his personal stat protection process, and Gruden, according to reliable sources, has been BEGGING Smith to throw more deep balls, but he's just scared of ruining his hopes of getting into the HOF one day by relying on his 'remarkable' stats.

This feels like the turning point game of the season...if we stabilize and find a way to eek out a win, it basically makes us a contender into December no matter how the Houston or Dallas games go. Being 6-3 with yet another NFC win would be huge. If we lose though, I could see things fading fast. 

I'm going to predict a game similar to the Cowboys game...I think that's the only way we can actually win. We don't have even the brief firepower we showed in the first half of the Packers game. I really hope we can grind out some first downs, flip the field, and harass Fitz. If so, I see us winning by something close to 16-13. If they eclipse 20 I think we are cooked. 

Edit: So, I'm sure over-dramatizing things, but this feels like the game that will determine if we are going to have a 1999 season or a 2008 season. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This feels like the turning point game of the season...if we stabilize and find a way to eek out a win, it basically makes us a contender into December no matter how the Houston or Dallas games go. Being 6-3 with yet another NFC win would be huge. If we lose though, I could see things fading fast. 

It typically feels annoying when people prop up the next game up each week to label as the big one that will tell us so much, but for this one, I completely and finally agree with it.   ? 

Just now, Sandy Monk said:

It typically feels annoying when people prop up the next game up each week to label as the big one that will tell us so much, but for this one, I completely and finally agree with it.   ? 

Oh I agree and I rarely say it. We need to increase the buffer we were fortunate enough to build with this opponent. I think Houston and Dallas at home on Thanksgiving are both TOUGH SLEDDING. Getting this game means we're 6-5 (at worst) heading into a game with the Eagles. In a one-game scenario for first place, then anything can truly happen!

Even with the injuries, I think we can win, but it won’t be pretty....

Defense needs to play a little tighter in the passing game, and the offense has to score...it’s obvious the Offense runs through AP when he is not productive we don’t win, and when we don’t come out aggressive we don’t win. 

Redskins: 20

Bucs: 17 

TB is terrible. Fitzpatrick is Rex Grossman. Granted we aren’t much better but there should be no way we get blown out like I’m seeing ppl predict

People should lose their jobs if that happens. They are not a good enough to blow us out. They aren’t the Saints or Falcons 

im cool with them being favored but pump the breaks 

Finlay just said he's seen a lot more RO in the practices he watched this week than usual.  I like that if that is a portent for Sunday.  I don't see Alex as some pocket passer stud.  I think you have to use the dude's legs as a threat to get the most out of him.   Plus some RO when well executed, can freeze the pass rush some so might help the protection.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay just said he's seen a lot more RO in the practices he watched this week than usual.  I like that if that is a portent for Sunday.  I don't see Alex as some pocket passer stud.  I think you have to use the dude's legs as a threat to get the most out of him.   Plus some RO when well executed, can freeze the pass rush some so might help the protection.

Anything, anything but trying to stay in what some would call a pocket.

When not in RO, Smith needs to get the hec out of the pocket; roll out, quick passes, anything but trying to buy time in the backfield. This will be very interesting to see if Smith or Gruden convey this in his 'game plan'.

But unfortunately this is exactly what I expect to see; Smith trying to stay in the pocket and getting abused.  If this happens then I just assume do some laundry or fold socks.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:10 PM, Reaper Skins said:

For those banking on Fitzpatrick's interceptions to win us the game, 2 sobering points to consider...

1.  Him throwing multiple picks a game hasn't kept him from still putting a ton of points on the board.  It doesnt faze him or cause the offense to start playing conservative.

2.  Despite our defense gifting the offense with multiple turnover opportunities this season, they really haven't done ANYTHING to capitalize on them or get points from them.

Long story short:  Yeah, Fitzpatrick will probably throw a pick or 2, but that's probably not going to change the outcome.  Lots of points for Tampa Bay, and an inability of the Skins to keep up and answer.

I feel what your saying. But their defense has been a joke the past 5 weeks. We score 30 this game IMO with a pick 6.

Skins 30 

Bucs 27

Archived