Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread Skins at Saints

TK

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

From what I've heard Cooke is still a big Redskins fan so I doubt he's lol ing. 

Meh, unless you know him personally I will continue to believe he put a curse on this team when he got screwed out of owning it.  It helps explain the mess that is called the Redskins over the last 20 years.  

Here’s the maddening thing about Cousins:  he makes 20 outstanding, next level plays in the game and puts you in position to win.

but when you need that ONE last play, he’s 50/50. 

Why, I don’t know.  It should never have come down to it.  But it did.  And the intentional grounding looked like a completely legitimate call to me.

It’s like the macro equivalent to being good from the 20’s but not good in the red zone.  Great until it really matters, then inconsistent.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What do the D linemen have to do with it? He turned immediately to the right and proceeded to throw it to absolutely nobody. Were there D linemen covering our WRs or something?

The answer to your question is in your comment but I don't feel like explaining it to you.  

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I probably agree, but I am really mad at the Redskins. They played a damn good game except when it counted and then became so bad that they lost it.

I'm furious with defense, still shouldn't have folded like that. But NFL is continue to lose viewership if they can't field ref crews that actually know the rules

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

Are you effing kidding me???  Wasn't the score 31-16 late in the 4th q???   This loss is on this trash ass defense. They are Ron Lynn bad right now. 

You can read what I think in detail in the Assessment thread if you want. And no, I am not kidding you. Kirk had a great game and then a terrible game. The terrible game killed us.

The Defense all deserve to drink arsenic for their effort over the last few minutes and overtime, but Kirk's gaffes cost us a game winning field goal account.

It really, and I mean really, takes a special kind of Loser to lose in the fashion we did. I mean, you have to really mentally collapse and give up. Boy oh boy. I know we're all used to this type of let down by the Skins but todays game is inexcusable. This is the type of game that will make me walk away for the rest of the season and come back just to check in to see if the team has mad major moves with the personnel. This isn't good for my health. I need to take a walk. 

I’m sorry but screw this team, we need to blow it up, let Kirk walk, Fire all the coaches, bulldoze Fed Ex and just reboot this franchise....we have sucked for 20+ years oh a few winning seasons sprinkled in but as a franchise we are a laughing stock, our fans are laughing stocks. I was high on this team, but I think I was just HIGH! 

Screw them! At this point they could get to the Super Bowl and it would not be good enough for me. I will give them no more of my money, or my emotion as far as I am concerned the Redskins died when Snyder bought the team. 

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

That's why you think we lost?  Has nothing to do with the last three Saints drives.  

My take, Kirk was the team's best player today (by a wide margin) and the one most responsible for the team being in position to win it.  I wouldn't even mention the offense when discussing why we lost today.  The defense imploded.  Again.

The defense implodes regularly; the coach's ineptitude routinely fails to compensate for the woes of the defense.

Hey guys, during the Saints TD drive in regulation, what defense were the Skins running? Or rather, how many down linemen were there (which could tell you the defense)?

I couldn't see because we were in the car (Madden view FTW) but I wonder what defense they were running. Ideally with a QB like Brees and 2 minutes you want to be in a Dime (4-1-6) or Nickel (4-2-5 if you have 2 good cover linebackers, Skins don't). They shouldn't have been in Quarters prevent (1-3-7). But I think they might have.
That could have been why they weren't getting any pass rush.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Why, I don’t know.  It should never have come down to it.  But it did.  And the intentional grounding looked like a completely legitimate call to me.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this part. He wasn't in imminent danger of taking a loss. And it wasn't INTENTIONAL. 

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Are you effing kidding me???  Wasn't the score 31-16 late in the 4th q???   This loss is on this trash ass defense. They are Ron Lynn bad right now. 

Kirk played wonderfully almost the whole game. Had some beautiful passes, and the loss isn't on him. But that doesn't change that he made critical boneheaded plays at critical times.

7 minutes ago, DM72 said:

You cannot continue to get outplayed in the last 2 minutes of every half and say it's not coaching. You just can't.

If a player cannot do the main thing that is required under the severest pressure then that is psychological. If you look at the likes of New Zealand at rugby, this is what makes them different level. You can coach them to do it but under pressure they just will not be able to do it. Noth8ng you can do except try and get a qb who works under that duress or hit on a WR/RB that can do it. 

Coaching can help it but at the end of the day, you see it generally across the league. The best players do the difficult stuff in the moments they need to.

Archived