Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread Skins at Saints

TK

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

NEW ORLEANS – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today’s game against the New Orleans Saints:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 11 WR Terrelle Pryor Sr.

o   No. 47 CB Quinton Dunbar

o   No. 60 G Arie Kouandjio

o   No. 61 C Spencer Long

o   No. 67 DL Caraun Reid

o   No. 83 WR Brian Quick

o   No. 86 TE Jordan Reed

No. 14 Ryan Grant is expected to start in place of Pryor at wide receiver.

No. 73 Chase Roullier is expected to start in place of Long at center.

No. 85 Vernon Davis is expected to start in place of Reed at tight end.

Pryor is inactive. Let that sink in. The man who was supposed to make the receiving corps capable is now... inactive.

Grant & Harris were both discounted and both seem to be welcome additions. Quick looked good in limited action for a 4 or 5. Crowder has been hot and cold but definitely worthy. Doctson has shown potential.

Pryor was a colossal waste, in hindsight.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Pryor is inactive. Let that sink in. The man who was supposed to make the receiving corps capable is now... inactive.

Grant & Harris were both discounted and both seem to be welcome additions. Quick looked good in limited action for a 4 or 5. Crowder has been hot and cold but definitely worthy. Doctson has shown potential.

Looks like the FO did it the right way.... 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Waste yes.. mistake I don't think so.  He showed signs last year of taking a big step this year and being a good receiver for us.  Didn't work out for whatever reason. Fortunately the Skins didn't sign him to a big long term contract.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

A total waste from the start.  I think he's out for that ankle, but honestly, he wasn't doing anything before that.  Height of Marko Mitchell without the pool backflip and the hands of Carlos Rogers without the, actually, yeah those hands.

Just now, KDawg said:

The mistake @OVCChairman was not trading him when the Browns called

Yeah I can't argue there... but we have been thin at WR with Crowder and Quick being dinged up.  He's still a better option then bringing in a cold body off the street and having to teach the offense.  Even in a fill in roll it's not costing us any real money. 

Just now, OVCChairman said:

Yeah I can't argue there... but we have been thin at WR with Crowder and Quick being dinged up.  He's still a better option then bringing in a cold body off the street and having to teach the offense.  Even in a fill in roll it's not costing us any real money. 

Disagree. Draft pick compensation is far more valuable than what Pryor has done. 

Just now, Idaho fan said:

I don't dispute that... I was suggesting his initial signing wasn't a mistake.  Read what I wrote.

Read what you wrote just fine, thanks. Participating in conversation nets you attitude nowadays around here eh?

Just now, KDawg said:

Disagree. Draft pick compensation is far more valuable than what Pryor has done. 

Read what you wrote just fine, thanks. Participating in conversation nets you attitude nowadays around here eh?

I agreed with you that we should have moved him, but I can see why they didn't.  I dont know what they offered..  A conditional 7th is basically a lost pick.. a 5th?  You've got my attention.

Archived