Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread Skins at Saints

TK

3 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Did the blockers who weren’t in position also not get the play?

That is a good question, I'm not sure how that is supposed to work.  The play transmission completely went to hell either way on that play.  Is everybody supposed to look to the sideline or us Kirk supposed to communicate something?

Just now, elkabong82 said:

Considering the blatant holding and PI calls, the hit out of bounds on Perine all going uncalled, it is horse **** that they then call something so minor like that against us, especially when it takes the W away. If you're going to make a call like that, at that time, when you've let them play all game, it needs to be blatant and intentional

A ****ing pinky finger!!

4 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree.  Snyder could have taken D. Hall's place at S and possibly done a better job.  By not running out onto the field and ordering D. Hall to get off of it proves that Snyder is a quitter...

...Don't you think? 

So you would like to go back to the good ole days of Dan running the team like it is his own game of Madden?  Those were good years.  I wonder what Haynesworth is up to.......

1 minute ago, elkabong82 said:

Yeah, that was the point. The coverage was exposed there. Gruden just said this in the press conference too. Crodwer runs the right route the game is over.

What I mean is this.  Cousins treated it like a rocket screen.  Usually there are blockers in the area.  I didn’t see any, that’s why I’m questioning whether it really was Crowder who screwed up.  Did multiple guys get the play wrong?  

1 minute ago, elkabong82 said:

Considering the blatant holding and PI calls, the hit out of bounds on Perine all going uncalled, it is horse **** that they then call something so minor like that against us, especially when it takes the W away. If you're going to make a call like that, at that time, when you've let them play all game, it needs to be blatant and intentional

I can't blame the refs for that one, just think it's our luck man!!!!

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Cousins just said Gruden motioned to him to throw it out there on the intentional grounding,but crowder didn't get the message..

Refs screwed up big time, like they always do.

But this team HAS to work on it's end of half/end of game playing. It's horrendous.

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

What I mean is this.  Cousins treated it like a rocket screen.  Usually there are blockers in the area.  I didn’t see any, that’s why I’m questioning whether it really was Crowder who screwed up.  Did multiple guys get the play wrong?  

Cousins just confirmed it dude. Gruden motioned to him to throw it over there, but Crowder missed the call and ran the wrong way.

In either case it wasn't a grounding and the refs screwed us out of a W. Doesn't excuse the defense but focusing on Kirk and O is wrong thing to be focused on after this L.

Watching the post game... Gruden said he went away from Doctson because he wanted to spread the ball around. Perine was getting around 3 yards a pop going down field yet they go off tackle on one the most important runs of the year. 

Its exactly what makes this team difficult to follow. 

Every ****in' week..... 

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So you would like to go back to the good ole days of Dan running the team like it is his own game of Madden?  Those were good years.  I wonder what Haynesworth is up to.......

Heck no!!!  You might want to read my post again.  Maybe it was a poor attempt at trying to inspire laughter or at the very least a smile after a gut-wrenching defeat.

Just now, elkabong82 said:

Refs screwed up big time, like they always do.

But this team HAS to work on it's end of half/end of game playing. It's horrendous.

It’s simple.  Manusky either needs to be fired or relegate prevent practicing and in-game play calling to someone else.  And Gruden needs to understand his defense as it is now.  The difference between NO having 1:50 or 2:00 is negligible with this garbage prevent we play.  Can anyone here ever remember a time we converted a 3rd and short  run to ice a game?  Ever?  And we were not blowing guys off the line, Perine just made some nice cuts.  You run a naked bootleg or something, giving Kirk the option to run or pass.  An incompletion would make little difference.  

5 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Cousins just confirmed it dude. Gruden motioned to him to throw it over there, but Crowder missed the call and ran the wrong way.

In either case it wasn't a grounding and the refs screwed us out of a W. Doesn't excuse the defense but focusing on Kirk and O is wrong thing to be focused on after this L.

Kirk looking over there and throwing it to nobody wasn’t particularly bright. 

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

Watching the post game... Gruden said he went away from Doctson because he wanted to spread the ball around. Perine was getting around 3 yards a pop going down field yet they go off tackle on one the most important runs of the year. 

Its exactly what makes this team difficult to follow. 

Every ****in' week..... 

****ing brilliant, Jay. Get away from exactly what is working because you feel like spreading the ball around. 

44 minutes ago, kgor93 said:

We gave up our tickets in section 112 after what happened with Scot McCloughan. This is the first game this year I've actually watched or listened to and it reminded me of why I don't anymore.

I swear I would never be anything but a Redskins fan but I've found myself rooting for the Steelers. They've been my second team since 2005 I'm just following them more closely now.

I also sort of reluctantly like the Ravens except when they play the Steelers. They are a good organization that goes beyond football. They often lend their support (https://imgur.com/gallery/mSy7Y) to the shelter I volunteer at, BARCS, which does great work and is literally 2 streets from the stadium. The only reason I am not a fan is because of some Ravens fans and being given a hard time for years about being a Redskins fan.

Hey bro, watch out for the two trolls.

48 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I know that we coulda/shoulda done a bunch of things differently to win this game, but I didn't like that Intentional grounding call. It wasn't intentional. Refs didn't call it til after Payton complained. Not to mention they let the clock run down, then the 10 second runoff. 

Kirk was asked about complaining to the refs about the call, in the post game interview, and he said he was too nervous and didn't have time for that.  He needs to get a stronger personality on the field.  Regardless of how he plays, he come across as a wimp, imo.  I hate hearing him talk like he isn't the leader of the team.  He needs to find some swagger.

Watching another post game show. They said based on the score in the forth quarter and the time on the clock, the Redskins had over a 99% chance of winning. Somehow the Saints won made the best of that less than 1% chance. And after numerous headache and letdowns, a reasonable person would consider moving on. 

**** 'em

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

Kirk looking over there and throwing it to nobody wasn’t particularly bright. 

The original play was a run..Gruden thought it was a bad play for the defense they were in and was scared too much time would run off the clock if it the running play was ran..So he motioned Cousins to throw the ball out there because he didn't think they would call grounding..So you blaming Cousins dosen't make you look particularly bright either..The Defense lost this game not Cousins.

Archived