Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread Skins at Saints

TK

7 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Kirk was asked about complaining to the refs about the call, in the post game interview, and he said he was too nervous and didn't have time for that.  He needs to get a stronger personality on the field.  Regardless of how he plays, he come across as a wimp, imo.  I hate hearing him talk like he isn't the leader of the team.  He needs to find some swagger.

I think this right here is his issue in these late game drives. He gets extremely nervous and makes mental errors at awful times. Maybe that IG call was supposed to be a call that Crowder didn't get but how does a QB turn and NOT notice that there is literally nobody within 10 yards of where he's throwing? If he realizes that as he turns and pulls it back then worst case it is a busted play and maybe he runs for a couple yards, finds another open guy, or runs out of the pocket and throws it away. Instead he just turned and immediately threw it without processing what was actually happening and we get thrown out of FG range. Letting so much time run out also was inexcusable.

44 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Kirk played wonderfully almost the whole game. Had some beautiful passes, and the loss isn't on him. But that doesn't change that he made critical boneheaded plays at critical times.

I just didn't see that today. 

Just to put this in perspective: The skins are only 2 games ahead of the Giants, they've lost their best offensive weapon, and the defense is back to questionable with DHall at safety. Some are so used to losing, that they get emotional when other's come to their senses. They're simply trolls, nothing more, probably less. 

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think this right here is his issue in these late game drives. He gets extremely nervous and makes mental errors at awful times. Maybe that IG call was supposed to be a call that Crowder didn't get but how does a QB turn and NOT notice that there is literally nobody within 10 yards of where he's throwing? If he realizes that as he turns and pulls it back then worst case it is a busted play and maybe he runs for a couple yards, finds another open guy, or runs out of the pocket and throws it away. Instead he just turned and immediately threw it without processing what was actually happening and we get thrown out of FG range. Letting so much time run out also was inexcusable.

Kirk often do that, he's often throwing timely balls, when either the receiver isn't watching or he haven't made his cut already. That's probably it right there. He throws thinking Crowder will make his cut and watch, except he does not.

7 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Just saw Thompson broke his fibula.  This isn't our year, time to pack it in and get a good draft pick.  At the least prevent our entire squad from getting injured geez.

Yep. They could probably use Sakura Haruno in the training room. I wonder if Deuce Gruden is being looked at (all be it most of the injuries could be helped).  

8 minutes ago, bh32 said:

The original play was a run..Gruden thought it was a bad play for the defense they were in and was scared too much time would run off the clock if it the running play was ran..So he motioned Cousins to throw the ball out there because he didn't think they would call grounding..So you blaming Cousins dosen't make you look particularly bright either..The Defense lost this game not Cousins.

Wait a second...so we did that in place of a spike?  Am I reading this correctly?

Again, of course the D is to blame primarily.  Especially Manusky who has shown himself to have this team extremely ill-prepared at the ends of halves.  Not covering the sidelines and playing off them 25 yards downfield is inexcusable.  But there are teams that make up for a stinky unit with their own brilliance, and this offense, including Kirk, has largely proven incapable.  Kirk can win you a SB with a great team around him, of that I have no doubt.  But one thing I’ve noticed is that he’s very slow going through his progressions.  Takes a lot of sacks unnecessarily.  

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Kirk often do that, he's often throwing timely balls, when either the receiver isn't watching or he haven't made his cut already. That's probably it right there. He throws thinking Crowder will make his cut and watch, except he does not.

That's true, but it wasn't a situation where the receiver was close but just made the wrong cut or the timing was bad. There was absolutely nobody even within the vicinity and IMO Kirk should have sort of noticed that before he let it fly. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

That's true, but it wasn't a situation where the receiver was close but just made the wrong cut or the timing was bad. There was absolutely nobody even within the vicinity and IMO Kirk should have sort of noticed that before he let it fly. 

What it clearly means is that he’s throwing to a spot and expecting the receiver to be in a certain place.  He’s looking at the defense, not the receiver.  

I’d need a QB to weigh in as to whether a QB checks the receiver in quick game. 

I havd no idea.

3 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Wait a second...so we did that in place of a spike?  Am I reading this correctly?

We called a TO to stop the clock prior to the calling the play, why would we spike the ball?

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Maybe. Also Crowder is really small and Scherff/Moses are massives. That doesn't help...

25 minutes ago, bh32 said:

The original play was a run..Gruden thought it was a bad play for the defense they were in and was scared too much time would run off the clock if it the running play was ran..So he motioned Cousins to throw the ball out there because he didn't think they would call grounding..So you blaming Cousins dosen't make you look particularly bright either..The Defense lost this game not Cousins.

Lol.  Maybe you should take a look in the mirror buddy.  You do realize you essentially are saying it was a dumb way of spiking the ball?  Or maybe your writing skills are lacking.  Whether Gruden called that play or not, I would hope it wasn’t a “spike” and I hope Kirk would take a look and evaluate where he’s throwing rather than being a robot. 

11 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Just to put this in perspective: The skins are only 2 games ahead of the Giants, they've lost their best offensive weapon, and the defense is back to questionable with DHall at safety. Some are so used to losing, that they get emotional when other's come to their senses. They're simply trolls, nothing more, probably less. 

They’ll be 1 game ahead of them after they lose next week.  

I get get the feeling this was the last and final big effort to save the season. 

Heartbreaking loss on on a short week ...

we’re cooked. 

27 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I'm not much for the "we'll get 'em next time" approach.

Agree.  Extremeskins is a forum where you can rejoice with those who have something to rejoice about and rage when it's appropriate to do so.  Some of the fan base have to give us hurting, angy, frustrated fans room to vent even if we don't mean what we say in the moment.

Personally, I'd love to run away from the team and stay away but I can't help who I love, so I hang in there and the times I have left I turn right around and come back for more.  Many of us are like that hamster who perpetually run that wheel that goes nowhere.      

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

We called a TO to stop the clock prior to the calling the play, why would we spike the ball?

Maybe. Also Crowder is really small and Scherff/Moses are massives. That doesn't help...

The play before Crowder ran out of bounds.  There was no need to spike it.  But I was responding to the guy saying they did that to save time and because Gruden “didn’t think they would call grounding”.

1 minute ago, cakmoney61 said:

Agree.  Extremeskins is a forum where you can rejoice with those who have something to rejoice about and rage when it's appropriate to do so.  Some of the fan base have to give us hurting, agree, frustrated fans room to vent even if we don't mean what we say in the moment.

Personally, I'd love to run away from the team and stay away but I can't help who I love, so I hang in there and the times I have left I turn right around and come back for more.  Many of us are like that hamster who perpetually run that wheel that goes nowhere.      

This is the best way to describe exactly what I've been feeling the past 4 years. 

Spot on. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

They’ll be 1 game ahead of them after they lose next week.  

I get get the feeling this was the last and final big effort to save the season. 

Heartbreaking loss on on a short week ...

we’re cooked. 

Yep. Let the draft talk begin. Didn't see the UCLA/USC game, but supposedly the two best QBs played against each other. We need a dog at WR and RB position next year for sure. I would also say we need a QB that doesn't get "nervous" at the end of game. Shot there for the Kirk homers. He played a good game, but still...

1 hour ago, kgor93 said:

We gave up our tickets in section 112 after what happened with Scot McCloughan. This is the first game this year I've actually watched or listened to and it reminded me of why I don't anymore.

I swear I would never be anything but a Redskins fan but I've found myself rooting for the Steelers. They've been my second team since 2005 I'm just following them more closely now.

I also sort of reluctantly like the Ravens except when they play the Steelers. They are a good organization that goes beyond football. They often lend their support (https://imgur.com/gallery/mSy7Y) to the shelter I volunteer at, BARCS, which does great work and is literally 2 streets from the stadium. The only reason I am not a fan is because of some Ravens fans and being given a hard time for years about being a Redskins fan.

Bye!

I believe Scot was responsible for his situation.  

2 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Lol.  Maybe you should take a look in the mirror buddy.  You do realize you essentially are saying it was a dumb way of spiking the call?  Or maybe your writing skills are lacking.  Whether Gruden called that play or not, I would hope it wasn’t a “spike” and I hope Kirk would take a look and evaluate where he’s throwing rather than being a robot. 

He wasn't trying to spike it..He was trying to get yardage,because they weren't in FG range yet..The run play would of lost yardage and  that's why Gruden wanted him to throw it out there to Crowder..The only problem is Crowder didn't get the message..

So again keep blaming Cousins for something that Gruden told him to do.

6 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Agree.  Extremeskins is a forum where you can rejoice with those who have something to rejoice about and rage when it's appropriate to do so.  Some of the fan base have to give us hurting, agree, frustrated fans room to vent even if we don't mean what we say in the moment.

Your last sentence is where it gets insane. But the most disturbing piece of that is when you get all up in arms about someone that jumps off that wheel. But then again, "homer trolls" have one purpose. 

So for clarity there was confusion on the two biggest plays of the game... the third and one and the grounding. Isn't that the definition of a poorly coached team? I mean, does that ever happen to the Patriots?

Also, was Cousins under pressure on the grounding? I was so mad, I don't recall. Don't you have to be pressured for that to be called?

Finally, why do individuals factor for awhile and then get abandon (Doctson was only targeted once in the second half... then we feed Davis, then Crowder... should have been the breakout game for Josh and we went away from him. Since Davis had the hand injury, maybe should have tried someone else to start OT.

9 minutes ago, bh32 said:

He wasn't trying to spike it..He was trying to get yardage,because they weren't in FG range yet..The run play would of lost yardage and  that's why Gruden wanted him to throw it out there to Crowder..The only problem is Crowder didn't get the message..

So again keep blaming Cousins for something that Gruden told him to do.

And you don’t seem to get it either.  NOBODY on the team got the message because there were no blockers there, Kirk should have made sure everyone got it.  There was no clock running.  Also, the fact that he didn’t take a look and see that nobody was there wasn’t bright.  He could have tucked it worst case scenario. If he really thought it wouldn’t be IG, then he should have argued the call.  He panicked and choked.  He admitted he was “nervous”.  

The loss is not on him, but he failed to rise above the crapshow that was going on.  

Archived