Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Chiefs Prediction Thread: KC vs KC, in KC?

skins island connection

When: Monday night October 2nd

Where: Arrowhead Stadium

Geez, where do I begin?

Monday night, another primetime game, the Redskins travel to Kansas City to battle against the 3-0 Chiefs in Arrowhead Stadium.

The Chiefs had some issues with San Diego, being a divisional game, we all know how those can be, but ended up winning. Andy Reid a.k.a. the Walrus or Milton from Office Space, admittingly has a pretty darn good team. QB Alex Smith is steady; not a superstar by any stretch, but has really calmed down in recent years, to lead an effective running game, and with that he plays off of it, throwing to the likes of Tyreek Hill, Chris Conley and their star running back Kareem Hunt out of the backfield.

Defensively, they're built to stop the run, then feed off of it in their secondary, which is talented, but not game changers so to speak. They do struggle at times, and can be taken advantage of, especially with big play WRs. Being a home game, their crowd can be very loud, but I have to say are very respectful and have good knowledge of not only their team but their opponents.

For the Redskins, what is there to say that hasn't been said already.   W O W !!!  What a performance they put on for the fans Sunday night. Every aspect was in high gear, the offense cruised over, under, around, and through the Raiders defense. I admit I was a little uneasy about constantly trying to run right up the middle all the time, but they did mix in some pitch-outs that really was effective. Screen plays were stunning, Cousins was on it in that game, and thanks to drive-extending catches from Vernon Davis they moved the ball rather well against a team that was thought by many [ including myself ] to shut down the offense.

Defensively, honestly, no one expected to see a performance like that, especially against what is supposed to be a good Raiders team going places. It was absolute domination from whistle to whistle, shutting down their running game and forcing Carr to hold the ball much longer than he wanted to, thus turning into multiple sacks for the Redskins defense. The secondary was outstanding; Norman and Co. simply out-played, out-hustled, out-smarted, and out-witted their WRs, frustrating them as well as Carr, holding them to 95 TOTAL YARDS of offense before the final possession, a feat not done in the NFL since 1991 When the Redskins completely shut down Jim McMahon and the Eagles, who also had a very stout defense.

There were a few hiccups in the game, which gave the Raiders their scoring opportunities by getting turnovers deep in our end of the field, but it was forgivable considering the way the game was going. Maintaining focus and intensity, nobody trying to be a hero, just playing hard, sound football, got the job done in a big way for the Redskins, and being a primetime game made it that much sweeter.

So, now its the Chiefs. Kirk Cousins, in Kansas City, Monday Night, another huge challenge is facing this team. Can they keep up the intensity? Can they get some good match-ups that favor them? Its hard to equal a performance like they gave sunday night, but anything remotely close and they have a good shot at this, believe it or not. If the running game of the Chiefs can be slowed, it will put more pressure on Alex Smith, and if he wants to be considered an elite QB, he will have to play a KC-esque type of game. I'm not so concerned with the aerial game as I am with the running; but one thing is absolute in this league, anything can happen.

Look for a 60 minute dogfight. I'm thinking both offenses will struggle and it will turn into a defensive battle. If mental mistakes and turnovers can be avoided, this just might be a game for the ages.

When the dust settles and the indian artifacts and feathers settle,

I'm looking at an upset.

Redskins 19

Chiefs 17

* First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins beanie, and a few extra goodies to boot.   As always.....  GO   SKINS !!!

I think it's asking too much at the moment, to expect these guys to go into Arrowhead of all places, against a great D, highly athletic QB, freak TE, etc, and get a W on MNF.

If they somehow won, taking down an unbeaten, two weeks running, the door of possibilities for 2017 would fly off the hinges. It would mean that they consistently beat back to back great teams

Skins 16

Chiefs 28

If the defense can continue to play well, the Skins will have a shot.  The offense and special teams must avoid making the type of mistakes that give the Chiefs cheap points.  At a minimum, I want the Redskins to be competitive for four quarters.  A win, of course, is what we all really want.  I fear a little letdown for obvious reasons.

Chiefs 24

Redskins 20

I feel much better about this team now than I did before they played the Raiders, so I would not be shocked if they upset the Chiefs.

It's the perfect time to play a team like KC.

The Redskins will either keep the momentum going and come out strong and possibly steal a game we're supposed to lose by a TD+. Or they'll do what Grudens teams always have done in the past after a big win, look unprepared and fall flat on their faces, but they'll just be losing a road game nobody expected the Redskins to win anyway.

Queefs 23 Redskins 17

Redskin Offense finally doesn't leave points on the field and puts up 35.

Redskin Defense is not hamstrung by mistakes on O and teams and gets its first shutout since September 30, 1991.

A little more realistic.  Like 2005 except this time our running back doesn't fumble and we end up winning 28-21.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

20-16 Chiefs. Close hard fought game. We gain a lot of national respect for going toe to toe with the Chiefs in their house on national TV.

This would make me almost as happy. Not the loss, of course, but at least losing a hard fought close game, not a flat-footed lackluster one.

Its difficult to not look at the Raiders game and think it wasn't a fluke, but I will say that WHEN they put their mind to it, they CAN be a force to be reckoned with. They've already proven they have the tools, now its more mental than anything. If the offense can rest a little more comfortable knowing the defense has their backs, and vice versa, it could be the start of something very rare and very pleasing. Consistency.

3 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I admit I was a little uneasy about constantly trying to run right up the middle all the time, but they did mix in some pitch-outs that really was effective. Screen plays were stunning, Cousins was on it in that game, and thanks to drive-extending catches from Fred Davis they moved the ball rather well against a team that was thought by many [ including myself ] to shut down the offense.

Freddy D is back!!! ?

Can't wait to be there in person. Making the 3 hour trek and staying in KC this weekend.  If anyone has any insight on the team hotel, would love to go sneak a few sightings /autographs. 

Good guys win a dog fight.  27-24

For whatever reason, the Chiefs are one of those teams that the Redskins just can't seem to beat. You have to go all the way back to 1983 for the last victory against Kansas City, and that also happens to be the only time they have ever beaten them. The odds are definitely stacked against the Skins, with it being a Monday night game in Arrowhead. That said, if the defense plays the way it did against Oakland, they can go toe to toe with any team.

20-17 Redskins

Archived