Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Chiefs Prediction Thread: KC vs KC, in KC?

skins island connection

I watch the NFL Network "preview" of the Redskins vs. Chiefs.  All they talked about, obviously, is how the explosive Chiefs offense will be a much tougher test than the Raiders offense.  Plus, the Redskins offense will need to make more big plays to basically keep up with the Chiefs.

That leaves me quite baffled.  Yes, this Hunt kid has had a few big runs (actually has had one rush per game of 50+ yards).  Other than that, the Chiefs have only 6 plays of 20+ yards.  Doesn't seem that "explosive" to me.

On the other hand, the team we just dominated has 8 plays of 20+ yards.   The Redskins... 11 plays of 20+ yards and 2 plays of 40+ yards.  

Who has the more explosive offense?

The raiders beat the jets and the titans... not exactly top tier football teams. They were overrated due to last years performance.

the chiefs beat the patriots badly, and the eagles and chargers. We got embarrassed by the eagles.

i think our defense is legit but this shouldn't be close. This is a back to reality game.

13-28 chiefs.

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The raiders beat the jets and the titans... not exactly top tier football teams. They were overrated due to last years performance.

the chiefs beat the patriots badly, and the eagles and chargers. We got embarrassed by the eagles.

i think our defense is legit but this shouldn't be close. This is a back to reality game.

13-28 chiefs.

Embarrassed by the Eagles?Redskins didn't play a very good game but were definitely in it till the end. KC just got by the Eagles.Not sure the Skins win but I feel like it will be hard fought,fairly even game.

45 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We got embarrassed by the eagles.

Did you watch that game, seriously?  No, we were in that until the very end and disagree wholeheartedly with that assessment.  Hell, we should have won that game, but we are (seemingly) a better team now and KNOW we have a much different attitude.  The Eagles game was the first game many of our players played together, especially on defense, and we were still working out the kinks.  Sorry, I just did not see that game, that way, at all. Hail  (I picked KC to win as well) 

@CousinsCowgirl84Unfortunately, I think you make a good point.  You could include the Rams record/opponents as well.  Yes, our D limited them to less than 1/2 their average points in their other two matchups, but they weren't playing world beaters either, and our run game was a factor in limiting their offense.  

Skins have to avoid the big mistakes - big plays, turnovers and even drive-stopping/staining penalties.   

55 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Embarrassed by the Eagles?Redskins didn't play a very good game but were definitely in it till the end. KC just got by the Eagles.Not sure the Skins win but I feel like it will be hard fought,fairly even game.

They just got by the Chargers also considering that Rivers had a horrid 3 INT game and Smith had less than 160 yards passing.

Chiefs defense has have given 76 first downs over three games of which 12 are from penalties.

If we play our game, we should be able to maintain drives and TOP. I believe the difference in this game will be in the Red Zone. We just need to score touchdowns on at least three of four Red Zone opportunities to keep the score close and get the win. I hope. 

1 hour ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Did you watch that game, seriously?  No, we were in that until the very end and disagree wholeheartedly with that assessment.  Hell, we should have won that game, but we are (seemingly) a better team now and KNOW we have a much different attitude.  The Eagles game was the first game many of our players played together, especially on defense, and we were still working out the kinks.  Sorry, I just did not see that game, that way, at all. Hail  (I picked KC to win as well) 

Actually, you are right. I forgot that the refs blew the forward pass/fumble call and at that point we were with in 5 points. 

I did watch the game but maybe I just blocked it out of memory because that was an atrocious call made worse by the fact that it was upheld.

i remember feeling sick after that game... now I remember why.

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Actually, you are right. I forgot that the refs blew the forward pass/fumble call and at that point we were with in 5 points. 

I did watch the game but maybe I just blocked it out of memory because that was an atrocious call made worse by the fact that it was upheld

I should have taken your cue and blocked it out too, but nooooooo....:kickcan:

KC is acting way to overconfident this week.  A few days ago, I would have said KC wins.  But they got way too smug.  They don't think too much of us.  Total lack of respect.  We thrive off of that lack of respect.  

Skins 38

Chiefs 13

16 minutes ago, Chants said:

KC is acting way to overconfident this week.  A few days ago, I would have said KC wins.  But they got way too smug.  They don't think too much of us.  Total lack of respect.  We thrive off of that lack of respect.  

Skins 38

Chiefs 13

Why what have the chiefs been saying about the redskins?

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

13-28 chiefs.

I think it's worth pointing out that they didn't beat the Patriots badly at all - it was quite like our loss to the Eagles, which someone else already addressed.

The Patriots were winning in the 3rd, were an inch away from pulling away early on the Gronkowski TD that was overturned, and suffered multiple critical injuries (namely Amendola and Hightower) they could not overcome. The Pats were down to 2 receivers, one of which had been on the roster for 5 minutes.

KC scored 21 after NE's defensive captain went down, and the Pats Offense became useless after Amendola went down. KC lost Berry, but it didn't seem to matter because Gronk, who Berry had been covering, was already dinged up and produced nothing. If Gronk controls that TD and it becomes 14-0 early, totally different ball game. As it was, the Pats won 3 quarters 27-21. I'm not sure what we can learn from that fourth quarter.

KC is really damn good. I'm not arguing they aren't. I'm just saying they're an inch from 2-1 and were given fits by the Chargers and Eagles both. Their O-line has major problems in pass pro. The game is a coin toss.

I'm going to say 6 sacks for the defense overcome a big day by Kelce who gets by ZB for two TDs. Hunt puts up 85 yards on 20 carries and another 40 as a receiver. Hill is limited to a couple catches for 35 yards. 

A sore Kelley goes 15-80 and Reed goes 6-80-TD. Crowder has a nice day.

27-24 skins and the Ioannidis bandwagon gets full.

This is what balance looks like folks; "The Redskins rank top in the league in yard differential, as the Washington offense is gaining more than 100 yards per game than the defense is giving up."  The more I am digging into this game, if we play right, don't let the crowd get in our heads (or the moment), and win the turnover battle, we have a truly legitimate shot.  Hard to imagine, but I really think we do.  HTTR

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The spread is now -7 for the Chiefs and the total at 49 (some have it 48.5, seen it at 49.5 too).   I don't think total points will exceed that, probably around that or less.  If we can stop/contain Hunt, I think we can pull it off.  I'll go with 

Redskins - 24

Chiefs -21

I hear you and you might be right 49% of the time. 

On the other side of that, when Vegas puts OU at 49.5 (which has been the longest line) they're trying to get Under bets. 

3-TDs ea. (42) and combined 2 FGs (6) for 48 total score. This means it's #1 a pickem game where they're baiting the KC lovers to take the Under. Here's where bookmakers make their money...score is more than 50% of the time OVER. 

The spread is easy money for Vegas at KC +7 (on a pickem game)...

KC gets +3 for home field. KC gets +3 for MNF (win/loss history) with the extra +1 for being 3-0. 

This is Vegas baiting everyone to take KC because they're undefeated and consensus hyped. 

This has achieved the desired result with 68% of the money flowing to KC. That's a little heavy for them so they drop the line to 6.5 to get more money going to the Skins. They adjust as the bets come in. The key here is that it's a pickem! The score is more likely to be closer. They're saying KC won't cover 51% of the time regardless if it's 6.5 or 7. 

The summary indicators show Vegas knows the game will be decided by a field goal, by either team, in a combined score contest where there will be 6 TDs and 3 FGs 51% of the time. So the question is, which defense, offense, and kicker wins THAT game! 

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why what have the chiefs been saying about the redskins?

I'm just trying to rile things up.  Although there is going to be some smugness with a 3-0 record, the Chiefs are a class act.  What are they really saying about the Redskins?  I have read their massage boards this week, and while they are confident, they are not overconfident.  They saw what we did to the Raiders last week.  They loved it, but they also acknowledge that the Raiders were no pushovers and that we are a team on the rise.  They do think that they are going to win, but so what?  Everyone else does too.  

They're saying that if we are going to win, we will do it with our defensive line and pressure on Alex Smith.  They are concerned that if this happens, he will make some bad throws to an opportunistic secondary.  They want to establish the run, and they are confident that they can with Hunt.

They have not expressed concerns about our offense.  They see us, and Kirk in particular, as streaky.  Hot and cold.  They are, as I said, mostly concerned about our defense.  

My realistic prediction is that this game is going to get away from us in the third quarter.  We will play them tough, but Hunt and the Chief's ground game will ultimately be more consistent than what we can muster. 

Chiefs  7  7  14  3    31

SKins   7  7   3   0    17

In a 60 minute game I just can see any logical scenario in this game where KC puts +27 on the Skins defense.  They'd have to emplode and give up 2 TDs on turnovers. 

KC doesn't have the personnel to stop their pass rush. The game plan calls for limiting the big play ability that's gotten KC their 3-0 record. Even if they give up 1 homerun, they don't put up +27.  On the other hand I can't see much scenario logic that keeps the Skins under 24.  KC scoring ceiling is essentially 27 but their floor is 6.  I'd say they're most likely to score 20. 

I think the defense is getting better.  The key is will be how Cousins performs.  If they're able to rattle him, things can get really bad really quickly.  Like 28-10 bad.  If he is calm and collected, they'll be able to weather the storm.  They need a quick start like Sunday night.  If they they get that, I can see a 24-17 win.  

5 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Why isn't there more discussion about who's healthy for the Redskin?  I think it matters.  Is Mason Foster, our signal caller on the defense going to play?  Is Jordan Reed healthy?

Well....Swearinger and Crowder pulled their hamstring in practice. Reed added a hamstring to his list as well. Fosters apparently not likely to play. Defense won't be the same with DJ hampered by a hammy. Ioanidis with a rotator cuff problem too. 

That would swing it for me.  Swearinger, Foster, and Ioannidis down grades the D substantially. 

Archived